961 Campbell Lead Road, PO Box 410, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 37738, United States

Tingo.com Travelocity Booking.com

• A true gatlinburg stay

This hotel is with out a dought the best that we have ever stayed in around Gatlinburg. The rooms were very nice and well decotated, and the view was breath-taking. The kids loved the ride down an old logging trail in an old military transport, the kids loved it. at the end of the road we were dropped off at a pavilion deep down in the woods a rushing stream was coming down from the mountains. There was a fridge with drinks in it, cable tv I did not want to leave. In the 14 years that I have been coming to Gatlinburg Buckberry Lodge was the finest, only draw back was it is a little pricey and they did not have a pool. But made up for it with the fine dining resturant.

More about The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

Wonderful weekend!!

by TripAdvisor Member penmsmith

My mother, sister and I spent a wonderful 3 nights at the Buckberry Lodge beginning on 3/9. Our suite was spacious and beautifully decorated. Dinner at the Lodge was scrumptious and service was top-notch. We especially enjoyed relaxing afternoons at the Pavillion where we napped in Adirondack chairs next to a gently flowing stream. We were treated like family and invite all of you to experience the Lodge when you are next in TN.

Truly a Camp

While the verbal review of Buckberry had been nothing but stellar, we found our experience to be much less. We certainly failed to keep in mind that the lodge was modeled after northern camps. Indeed, our experience was a few steps up from outdoor camping; however,the lack of a comfortable bed made it seem less so.

As we were checking in, we were told there the dining room was booked for the following evening. In addition, when we arrived for breakfast on Sat. morning, we were told there was no more waffle mix.(They did offer to get some, saying our wait would be at least 30 minutes.)

Having found the comment card in our room, I completed one and submitted it at checkout while waiting in line on Sunday morning for 20 minutes. I received a phone call within 2 hours from the manager offering to complimentary host us for one evening at our convenience. We were both impressed with the Lodge's offer and might just return.

If you are looking for a unique stay, The Buckberry might just be your choice. If you are looking for the lap of luxury found in most 4**** hotels, seek elsewhere.

Great Place, Horrible Management

After chcking into this beatuiful place. We were excitied to experience the dining that wednesday. I was amazed to hear cursing and screaming coming from the kitchen. It didnt stop after a minute I asked my wife to take our children back to the room. After a few minutes the Chef came out of the kitchen, and was apparently aggitated, and to say the least mad. A Manager came to us and apologized for the chefs behavior. The next morning as we were waking up and enjoying the view. We were surprised to see, what we later found out was the general manager shoting at the wild animals out side our room. I will not be back to this location. This location needs new management

Natural Ambiance

The Lodge offered a pristine environment filled with warm and engaging decor, and service designed to make you feel pampered, yet quite at home. The food was esquisite and we particularly enjoyed the unique amenities sprinkled throughout the property. Moreoever, the hike to the bottom of the mountain was eclipsed with what we found at the bottom -- a beautiful, yet rustic, sojourn by the mountain stream. We would highly recommend the Inn to our friends and families, especially for those individuals wishing to escape the hustle and bustle of suburban life!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member feist123

Just returned from a business trip to Gatlinburg. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek was absolutely fantastic and the staff, especially the GM(Michael Schmidt) were so helpful and accomodating. Gatlinburg is not really known for upscale lodging and dining, but at Buckberry you feel you are at a world class resort in both aspects. The room was spacious, very well decorated, had a seperate seperate seating area and a wonderful soaking tub.
Dinner was delicious and does not compare to what else you can find in town.
If and when I have to return to town for business and/or pleasure this is the only place I will stay at.

Great views bad food

My wife and I just left the lodge and we had a very romantic and wonderful time. The rooms are absolutely wonderful from the spacious soaking tubs to the huge showers, the romantic fireplace and comfortable beds. This is the extent of the greatness however
I had arraigned to have a cheese plate in our room for arrival we had a cheese plate in our room however the cheese plate they placed in our room was atrocious, the cheese appeared to have been well aged, however the aging process appeared to have taken place on the plate and was way overpriced. We had dinner in the dining room where I had the tenderloin and my wife had the trout. I would say that the chef needs to go back to school and learn how to cook a mid rare steak and it was on 5 little potato wheels with a few sprigs of vegetables my wife's trout was enough to make me mad however she got one half a trout with a clump of dried out stuffing on top this was sitting on 4 little potato wheels and a few sprigs of vegetables. After the price for those two items we passed on dessert and went down town. Also the Chef came out yelling at the servers and you could hear him cussing several times during the meal this was uncalled for. When I spoke to the GM (His name was Michael) he said that the Chef (His name was Winston) was under a lot of stress. There was only one other table the night we ate there. Then we tried the breakfast and saw that Mr. Winston was cooking breakfast so we went downtown to Pancake Pantry.

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member Aliciacc

This hotel is wonderful! It's a great place to come home to after playing in Dollywood or hiking in the Smoky Mountains.
The housekeeping services are A+. The office even checked our breakfast tab to see what drinks we ordered. Those (free)sodas were waiting in our refrigerator that afternoon! Total attention to detail. The trail down to the creek was great! We will be back!

Birthday Weekend!

What a great experience! My two friends and I celebrated our birthdays in February at Buckberry, and we haven' t stopped talking about it. The service was exceptional. We loved every moment there. We are planning to stay there next year (birthday weekend '07). We would highly recommend Buckberry, can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Absolutely perfect

We just got back from staying at the Lodge at Buckberry Creek and it was one of the most beautiful places we have vacationed at. The setting is so pretty with a view of the mountains and forest and peace and quiet. The grounds and lodge are immaculate and so inviting. And the staff and owners are so accomadating and friendly. We felt like we were friends and not just patrons. We had an evening when our rental car broke down and we couldn't go anywhere. Brenda and the general manager Miichael Schmidt were so helpful and caring, they made what could have been a terrible evening, tolerable.
Don't hesitate to stay at the Lodge. you will not be sorry.

Comments