Highland Place Bed and Breakfast

519 North Highland Avenue, Jackson, Tennessee, 38301, United States

Highland Place Bed and Breakfast
Booking.com Priceline.com

• Never Again

Very disappointing stay at Highland Place B&B Inn in Jackson, TN!

I originally booked the Butler Suite and the Louis Room for my sister-in-law and myself. A combined photography job and overnight antiquing trip. I have stayed at quite a few B&B's, this was her first time. We had to cancel our original trip due to weather and received a gift certificate for any time, any room.

Upon rescheduling, I requested the same rooms (Louis and Butler) and Bill suggested the Hamilton and Butler, since they were on the same floor. I agreed saying, "I just did not want the Adobe looking room, the Atrium."

Now, I will just list the problems.

1. Upon arrival we were met by Bill and shown around the B&B. Right away he introduced
    us to his big as real life stuffed sheep with horns...named Horny. Immediately we were
    uncomfortable! No sign of Cyndi until the next morning.

2. We were told we would not be getting the Butler Suite, a problem with scheduling?
    We would be staying in the Hamilton and the Atrium (the Atrium is the one I did not
    want, in the basement, two floors down!)

3. All rooms are advertised as having a private bath. The Hamilton (where my sister-in-law
    stayed) has a bath across a small hallway. The hallway has four doors; one to the room,
    one to the bath, one to the main hall, and one to the private rooms of the owners.
    Needless to say, if your bathroom is across a hallway frequented by others, it is not
    private!

4. The rooms lock from the inside, there are no keys to lock your room when you leave.
    We felt uncomfortable when we left our belongings to go to dinner. My sister-in-law
    carried her purse with her to the bathroom...across the hall!

5. The Atrium's "sun-filled sitting room" appears to be made of Plexiglas and is at ground
    level. Not exactly a safe feeling for a woman alone in the basement. There are heavy
    curtains to pull to between that area and the bed.

6. I slept (if you can call it that) in the Atrium...in the basement. Phil decided to get the
    dining tables set for breakfast at 10:30 PM. Every step, every chair moved was right
    above my head and very noisy. At 11:00 PM I went upstairs and told him I could hear
    every step he took! I was so discussed by that point that I never really got back to
    sleep.

7. My sister-in-law's room faced the very noisy street; sirens and traffic kept her awake all
    night long. But that was good, she was so worried about where I was staying that she
    prayed for my safety every time she woke up.

8. I think the topper was when we realized the Butler suite had been given to a Doctor and
    his wife from Alabama. Their good friend, who lived in Jackson, and was also friends with
    Cyndi and Bill, came in before we left. And, "darling she was so thrilled that they could
    be accommodated on their quick trip!!"

9. The other room we originally booked was given to another couple traveling from Texas to
    New Jersey. The best rooms went to the couples, even though we booked them first.
    The cost for a room is more for a couple. They also already had our money.

Breakfast was delicious. After we ate we made a number of trips up and down to put our belongings into our vehicle. The owners were so wrapped up with the Doctor, his wife, and their friend that they did not even acknowledge our departure. We were so unhappy and felt as though we had been taken advantage of, so we didn't say good-bye.

I have had some disappointments at other B&B's, but none that have compelled me to write a formal complaint! I would never recommend this Highland Inn as a dependable place to stay...unless you have connections.

Cozette Winters