Cook Loft

Knoxville, TNKnoxville, TN

Neyland StadiumNeyland Stadium

Moving to the Knoxville area

by klc364

Hello everyone, My family and I are moving to the Knoxville area in a few months. We have been up a few times to check out the area, we loved Seymour. I have a large family with six children, I am looking for a very family oriented neighborhood. Can anyone suggest a specific area of Knoxville that I should look, and possibly areas to avoid? Thank-You!

by Dumpymotel

Find out where the best rated school is and move there...

by dnfsbo

Look at moving to Maryville or Seymour. Maryville city schools are about the best in east tn and the commute to knoxville is less than 30 minutes (about the same as from Seymour). Knoxville schools are pretty much a mess. Maryville has fewer people, closer to the mountains & cleaner lakes. It doesn't have the small town atmosphere like Seymour does, but overall, you can't go wrong.

by yduR

Hello!

My answer to your question depends on what you're looking for, especially in terms of house pricing. The only areas I would tell you to avoid are around campus (UT); they aren't "bad" neighborhoods, they're just full of college kids. That area is known as Fort Sanders or Maplehurst. West Knoxville (west of campus) is the most expensive area, but it's nice if you can stand the traffic. Seymour is south of the city. It's beautiful, but the schools are bad and the neighbors tend to be a little "isolated"; If I were you, I would look at Oak Ridge. It's easy on the eyes and the pocketbook, the schools are among the best in the nation, and contrary to popular belief, there are no enviornmental problems. It's just as close to the main city as Seymour.

I work for a moving company in Knoxville and I'm very familiar with the city. If you want more specifics, please give me a call at my office at865-523-1121. My name is Rudy. Good Luck!

by meteorologist1

Hi, I enjoyed living in the western part of Knoxville. There's a lot of stores, restaurants, and several good schools. It is a convenient location. Farragut and the Cedar Bluff areas in west Knoxville are very good to raise a family. The houses are not overpriced.

Travel Tips for Knoxville

So many things to do and not...

by dennyvan

So many things to do and not enough time to do them all! Hike in the Smokeys... go a round or two at some of the best golf clubs... visit Dollywood... the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame is here... Famous Old Town... if you can't find something to do here, you're not trying!!

Comments