Artisan Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel, again!

by ptrim

Sorry, I forgot to include the address in my last post, in case anybody knows the street even if they don't know the hotel itself...

Artisan Hotel Memphis
1837 Union Ave, Memphis TN 38103

Thanks again,

by ptrim

Thanks very much! It definitely makes for interesting reading!

Hi Seyyal,
Just knowing the area, I would suggest staying in the downtown area. There's more going on and really you're only a few miles from Brooks Art Gallery, etc. More restaurants in downtown and I would feel safer downtown than in the area surrounding the Artisan Hotel.
When are you planning a trip over?

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be going to Memphis the first week of August, so I guess I'd better get on the case as far as a hotel is concerned! I'll be with my mom, for three nights. Any Top Tips on fun, not too-late-night things to do, that we might not find out about except from a local?

Thanks, and Happy Travels,

by Rooster_poot

There is actually a Hampton Inn right on Beale Street. Also, Peabody Place (not Peabody Hotel) has indoor shooping mall, restaurants, etc. right across the street. We also have a trolly system in downtown and it's pretty easy getting around...not expensive to ride.

It's really hot and humid here this time of year so the more indoor sites the better.

I'll see if I can find you some good web links to pass on to ya.

Terry

by Rooster_poot

Here's one link for a start.

Let me know your interest, etc. and maybe I can get you more info. on what you're looking to see and do.

Terry

by KMB108

Hi, I live in Memphis, and I have always wondered about that hotel, because it looks cool and modern but is in an area I would probably not stay in. I have lots of friends who live in that area and they love it but I think it may take some getting used to. The Hampton Inn someone mentioned downtown is very nice, but everything downtown is more expensive.

If I were you I would stop by the Cooper Young neighborhood in midtown, there are lots of little shops and restaurants. Also the South Main Arts District downtown, lots of air-conditioned galleries.

As far as restaurants/bars, try Bigfoot Lodge downtown for giant hamburgers, Texas de Brazil at Peabody Place if you are ok with spending good money on good food. Also there is a little tea room called Crumpet's on Highland near University of Memphis. Also, I really like memphismojo.com. It's got very frank reviews of lots of stuff in town. Also memphismagazine.com. It has restaurant reviews and also a searchable event database.

Thank you!

by ptrim

Thanks for the tips! Finding a hotel in Memphis is not as easy as it should be!

I'll definitely check out some of your suggestions!

Happy Travels,
Seyyal

Artisan Hotel , "midtown arts district"

Hello to all,

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? The webpage says it's in the "midtown arts district." Is that a safe area to stay in? I´m less worried about the hotel than the location, that it's safe, with restaurants and things to do nearby of an evening.

Thanks in advance for any tips.ç

Happy travelling!