Days Inn Graceland

Days Inn Memphis at Graceland
Booking.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Days Inn Graceland

My friend and I have stayed at...

by Pamzam70

My friend and I have stayed at various places around Memphis, but the one we've frequently stayed at has been the Days Inn Downtown. HOWEVER, it has now become a Best Western Benchmark Hotel. I haven't stayed there since it's become the B.W. (I'm going to Memphis in March, '01, so I'll let you know), thought. When it was the Days Inn, it was decent. Nothing fancy, just a place to sleep when we've had a long night on Beale Street!! Prices were pretty good (I believe $45-65, depending on season).

We've also stayed at the Days Inn on Lamarr Blvd (inconvenient to attractions; far from downtown), the Days Inn Graceland (across from Graceland), and the LaQuinta Inn on Camilla Street (by Baptist Memorial Hosp. This one was pretty nice, but again, not within walking distance like the Days Inn/Best Western is).
We're going in March, and I've reserved a room for $60 for 2 double beds. The Best Western Benchmark Hotel is across the street from the Peabody, and is just within a few blocks from Beale Street.

Memphis has many tourist...

by Shari

Memphis has many tourist attractions, there's no way it can be limited to just one. Graceland, Memphis has a great zoo (my family and I are members), the Pink Palace Museum, the Chucalissa Indian Village, Mud Island, the Botanical Gardens

Christmas at Graceland - Memphis, Tennessee

by Elena_007

Every year, Graceland sets up a life size Nativity scene for the Christmas holidays. Unfortunately, it is difficult to see from the road, when the gate is locked at night. I was amazed when I downloaded this photograph, and saw the shining beam of sunlight shooting towards the star on top of the manger, almost like a mini-rainbow. Please click on the photo for a clearer view.

Happy Holidays from Memphis!

Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee!

by challenger

Can't say I was too much of an Elvis Fan initially. I always liked his later stuff, but it's impossible not to convert to full blown aficionadoship when in Memphis and needless to say, visiting Graceland will soon be the high point of your visit.

Elvis bought the mansion in 1957 for $100,000. At that time it was located in a very respectable, rural neighbourhood. Nowadays it's not such a desirable location and you'd be hard pressed to find much else there you would like to visit.

The amazing thing about the mansion is that despite its reputation it is not as overblown and massive as you are made to believe. Instead it is very much a liveable, comfortable family house. Even The King's apparent design faux pas aren't that over the top. Or maybe it was just me finally getting in touch with the Hawaiian shirt part of my personality. I found the likes of the Jungle Room or his TV room more in line with general 1970s fashion sense than a symbol of a star's overblown excesses. OK, the pool room *is* pretty wacky alright!

There are two types of tickets available. The first one gives you access to Graceland and limited access to anything else. The other more expensive one ($25 if I remember correctly) allows full access not only to the mansion, but also to the automobile museum, his planes (Lisa Marie and Hound Dog Two) and the separate Sincerely Elvis exhibition.

Let's face it: More likely than not this will be your one and only visit to Graceland for quite some time, so there's no reason to save a few bucks on tickets. Needless to say, you'd be foolish not to go for the whole hog.

Some of the most impressive rooms are The Hall of Gold and The Big Room. If the spirit of the King doesn't hit you there, it never will.

You can walk along the mansion at your own speed under the guidance of an excellent CD guide. You are not allowed to bring bags of any kind, so leave them behind but do not forget your films like I did!

Don't forget to also check out my Travelogue.

our third roundtrip North & South 2004 part 2

by dila

may 3th went to the white house visitor centre at 8.00. nothing much here except a few flyers.
went to Washington Monument for some free tickets for later.
visite Castle visitorburo, went to Capitool for some free tickets for later. visite Space Air Museum. went to Capitool 11.20.
did get more tickets to visite the gallery and the Senate (congress)
so missed the Washington Monument (bad weather), visite Natural Historic Museum.
Jose went in the evening alone to white house and other things.
may 4th 8.45 went to Arlington Cementry, change of guards.
visite Lincoln, Vietnam and Korean Monuments.
around 14.00 on the way to airport for flight to Nashville.
around 17.30 in Nashville Airport.
in the evening we went to broadway area, later to Parthenon in a park.
may 5th 9.00 to Parthenon, Belle Meade.
to Graceland Memphis to hotel in Memphis.
may 6th from Memphis we went to Natchez.
visite some houses. Rosalie and Longwood.
saw Stanton Hall.
may 7th from Natchez 6.30 to Whitney Texas 14.30. visite vt member oma14 (elaine)
may 10th from Whitney to New Orleans.
visite French Quater.
may 11th bought a visitpass for the trolleys.
went to the French quater, visitor buro, french market, jackson square, visite Mardi Grass World, went to plaza espana, riverwalk, food court in mall.
may 12th from New Orleans to Panama City Beach. swimmingpool and cinema.
may 13th from Panama City Beach to Orlando.
may 14th Discovery Cove in Orlando
may 15th Busch Garden Tampa
may 16th some shopping in Orlando
may 17th and 18th some resting, shopping
may 19th back to home

Our Fourth Stay

We stayed at Days Inn Graceland for the fourth time on Tuesday June 7. As usual the staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and clean, the swimming pool was great! And it's within walking distance to Graceland. The motel is not super fancy but it is nice and the rooms have been redone. For me a motel/hotel is just a place to rest I'm more interested in seeing the sites so Days Inn Graceland was perfect for us! We even met a man from New Zealand!

Just okay stay

by TripAdvisor Member jimpol

We just stayed at the Days Inn Graceland and it was average. The location was great and I recommend walking down to Graceland so you don't have to pay $6 to park at Graceland (what's up with that?). The breakfast was decent and they had a number of tables in the lobby to sit at. The room itself was decent. I could tell the furnishings (comforters, throw pillows, counter top in bathroom, lamps) were new. The blankets on the bed and were really worn out. The bathroom was clean and it even had the new shower curtain rods that give you more room in the shower.

I would recommend this Days Inn to people who want the convenience of staying right next to Graceland, but if I went back to Memphis I would probably choose a different location.

Perfect for the whole ELVIS experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Wendy268

Excellent value for money (booked on Days Inn website). Could not be closer to Graceland being right across the road. 24 hour Elvis movies on 2 channels in your room. Rooms are large and comfortable with Elvis prints on the walls! Hotel has guitar shaped swimming pool too. Self service breakfast room is tiny and fills quickly, so get in for your breakfast early! If your main purpose in visiting Memphis is to see Graceland, then this is the place to stay especially if you are on a budget!

couldn't have stayed anywhere better

I had read the reports on here and decided to book for a week. The room was lovely and spacious with two huge beds which were lovely and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and the breakfast well worth getting up for. The location is out this world for Elvis fans and seeing as we went for Elvis's birthday celebration weekend we couldn't have stayed anywhere better. We could see graceland from our bedroom window. Downtown Memphis is far away but with free shuttle buses going there regular it was no problem. An added bonus was the free Elvis movies 24 hours a day. I definately recommend this hotel.

Graceland bargain and fun at the same time!

We three "senior" Elvis fans stayed at the Day's Inn at Graceland, March 21-23rd.I had stayed there several years ago when it was known as "Memory Lane".Time has taken it's toll on the facility,but it is definitely a bargain.Just across the street from Graceland.Only a half block to shops, and a cute little restaurant called the "Chrome Grill".They serve the usual burger and fries,but also the famous Elvis favorite,fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.Prices are average.The hotel has a "self-serve" breakfast.Cereals,"make your own waffles",coffee,tea,little muffins.Nice to be able to start the day off without waiting in line at a restaurant.Especially enjoyed meeting Suzanna Leigh,a British actress, who was in the movie "Paradise-Hawaiian Style" with Elvis.She set up in the hotel lobby,giving us an opportunity to purchase her book,autographed pictures, and a chance to talk with her,a real treat.March is the off season,so hours are limited at the surrounding stores and restaurants.Took the free shuttle from Graceland Plaza to Sun Studio.Loved it,but waited way too long for the shuttle(1 and a 1/2 hours).Could be because it was off season.The shuttles are small,so seating is limited.Still can't complain,as it is a free ride into Memphis,and the Sun Studio admit price is reasonable and a must-see for Elvis fans.In all this is a bargain for short stays.The hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle so be prepared to take a cab,about $17 for the three of us(airport fees etc.)Have fun and make memories!

Graceland

by oscard

How much does a cab from downtown Memphis to Graceland costs? Alternatively, how about a cab from the airport to Graceland? Thanks!

Re: Graceland

by emilienoelle

I can't tell you the cost of cab fare, but I can tell you that Graceland is nowhere near downtown or the airport; it would probably cost a lot. When we were in Memphis last fall we found a guy that will pick you up at your hotel, drive you to Graceland, and pick you up again and drive you back for $10 a person. I don't remember his name, but he had brochures in all the hotel lobbies and the airport. I would recommend trying that or something similar. There are lots of companies that offer similar services.

Re: Re: Graceland

by Anchovy56

Memphis does not have stellar public transportation in most instances....check this url and/or email them for cab fares....

Re: Re: Graceland

by Anchovy56

Visit to Graceland and all that is ELVIS

by caralarson

My cousin and I are planning on surprising our aunt with a trip to Memphis to visit Graceland and just have an all around fun time. Our aunt is an avid Elvis fan and has never visited. I am interested in recommendations on time of year that is best, sites we need to see and even hotel ideas. We want this trip to be a great time for her...so please send ideas. Most importantly, we want to know which month (weather wise) is the best for visiting.
Thanks much!! Cara

RE: Visit to Graceland and all that is ELVIS

by clmetal

Stay in the downtown, which is not that close to Graceland. Beal Street is like a little New Orleans and that area is good for dining.

Area around Graceland is not great (near the aiport) and I doubt you would find a decent hotel in that area unless you stay at the airport.

Graceland is great so have fun

RE: Visit to Graceland and all that is ELVIS

by Pamzam70

Hi Cara!!

I'd have to say, probably the best time to go would be in early spring or early fall - cooler weather and less crowds (although there's Memphis in May, which is a month-long city-wide celebration).

As far as where to stay with your aunt to get a great Elvis experience, you can try the Days Inn/Graceland hotel (just a block or two down from Graceland, across the street). My friend and her mom and her mom's friend stayed there about 6-7 years ago, and if I remember correctly, it was pretty nice and relatively inexpensive. They also play Elvis movies 24/7!!

You could also try Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel,which is right across the street from Graceland. I believe this may be a little bit 'pricier' but it looks really cool!!

We just got back from Memphis last week, actually, and stayed at the Sleep Inn at Court Square, on Front Street, in downtown Memphis. It took us about 10 min's to drive to Graceland - not bad at all and very easy to get to. I believe there are some hotels that have free shuttles to and from Graceland, although I don't know which ones specifically...

Hope this helps!!