Doubletree Hotel Memphis Downtown

bardenny's Profile Photo

Memphis in January

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2015

Just spent 6 days here and found the hotel ok. Went for the 80th celebration of Elvis birthday, it was very cold but expected this time of year. Not alot happening on Beale St but still worth it. The hotel is only a short walk from here so no taxis required. The hotel itself was comfortable, they were doing some refurbishment to the restaurant/bar and quite alot of places didnt open till 11am but still found a few places to have breakfast, buffet breakfast in the hotels charged around $15. If you go for the Elvis experience you are quite a way from Graceland, took us about 20 mins on our shuttle bus which was provided by our tour, Sun studios only down the road though, great place to visit, never got to Stax but that was a taxi ride and we were advised not to hang around on the streets but to get taxi straight back. Loved the place but I am an Elvis fan and the whole experience was awesome, Graceland was amazing a lot better than I thought it was going to be, cant believe I've walked the same streets as Elvis, walked round his house, surreal.

Not worth the price!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2010

We arrived and were told we had to move our car or pay $20 for valet parking. I must have overlooked this when booking because this was a complete shock to me. Needless to say, it swayed my entire stay there - off to a bad start. We only stayed one night on our way back from New Orleans and should have just booked it all the way home rather than stop over in Memphis. Live and learn. The hotel was ok - on the surface everything looks nice but with a bit of a closer inspection you can see that things are covered over and cheaply made. There was no mini fridge... which was really inconvenient. They gave us 3 sets of towels when we booked a room for 4. The location was ok but felt unsafe. We actually parked across the street in a lot for $5 though there wasn't any security overnight. Our car was fine but it made us nervous so maybe we should have paid the $20 to feel better. Oh and what's this about chocolate chip cookies? We didn't receive any and now I'm even angrier! Just don't go!

Directions: 3 blocks from Beale St

PROBLEMS IN MEMPHIS

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 19, 2009

Just got back from a 3 week trip to Atlanta,Nashville and Memphis. Stayed at the Nashville Double tree and everything was really nice. Great service, nice rooms, close to everything. THEN we went to the Double tree in Memphis ! We arrived at 2:30pm on a Wednesday. Check in time is 3 so the room was not ready which I understand. Walked around town for a couple hours, came back at 4:30 room not ready. Waited in the lobby til 5:15, finally got the room key. When making the reservation. I specified that I wanted a suite with 2 rooms and a bed in each room (we had a friend meeting us there for a 2 nite stay). When we entered the room there was no bed in the second room. I called the desk and was told that they do not have rooms with 2 beds, even though the suite had 2 full baths? After 3 phone call to different people at the desk, they finally sent up a roll-away. They delivered it while we were out so they just left it in the middle of the room un-made. The carpets in the room where filthy. I mean filthy with stains all over and the furniture had stains and food crumbs on it. These stains were also all over the hallways out side our room and actually on almost every floor of the hotel. We called the front desk to complain and were told that they were short handed but that they would send someone up to clean. They never did. Now for the fun part. The toilet was not achored to the floor and would rock back and forth. Called the desk again and a maintanance man came up and said that he could not do anything about it until the next day and it might take several hours to fix. We asked for a different room, but of course there were none available. We were forced to use the other bath room in the suite. The next day while we were out site-seeing they did come to fix the toilet, but the carpet was never cleaned as was not the furniture. Just one more thing because I don't have time to write more. When we arrived there was 1 bag of coffee for us to brew, which makes 1 cup with one little container of cream. I placed a note on the table requesting that we would like a couple more coffee bags and a few more creamers. When the people came to clean the room, such as they did, the left 1 more coffee and one more cream. The second room which also had a coffee pot, on had 1 bag of Tea. One day we wanted to go to a restrauant that we had heard about. The hotel does have a free shuttle that would go according to them in a 4 mile range. The restrauant was 2.5 miles but they would not go there. We asked the person at the desk if he could call a cab for us and also if he could check to see if it was open that day. He told us that it WAS open and called the cab. When we arrived it was CLOSED. We had the cab driver take us to another restrauant but the area looked so bad that he advised us not to get off, so he took us back to downtown. The trip cost us$20. plus tip. Waste of time and money.
Compared to other Doubletrees we have stayed at in the past, this Memphis hotel is the pits. There are so many othere nice hotels in the area, I would never stay at that one again.
One last thing...... WE DID GET OUR COOKIE.....

Unique Quality: Lobby was nice, rooms were not!

Directions: Mid town Memphis

imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Great room & location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 26, 2009

Very modern & comfortable room. Lots of pillows. Wi-fi. Easy walking distance to Beale Street and the FedEx Forum. TGI Fridays on site that serves breakfast. Great lobby area with glass elevators.

Unique Quality: I adore the Doubletree cookies you get at check in.

Directions: Across the street from the Peabody.

Betje's Profile Photo

A nice and friendly place to stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 17, 2006

One of the reasons I chose Doubletree Memphis Downtown is because UPTA had a deal with them. It is a really nice hotel with a great and friendly staff. Check in was quick and easy and we even got a nice warm, very delicious chocolate and nut cookie (def nice since i hadn't had dinenr yet). I did have some problems with getting into my room but when I went back downstairs to tell them, the general manaer lept to his feet to help fix the problem. The rooms are nicely furnished and a decent size. I so could have slept Forever on the King sized bed, that's for sure!! There is also the nice benefit of having a TGIFridays actually in the hotel. Also this hotel is only a few blocks from Beale street and a block from Peabody Hotel and the Peabody Plaza and right across the street is the AutoZone park. It's also located right by the greyhound station so very convient if that's how you are traveling.

Nearby Doubletree Hotel Memphis Downtown

Doubletree Hotel Memphis Downtown

• Doubletree Memphis
  • Memphis Doubletree
  • Doubletree By Hilton Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis

Address: 185 Union Avenue, (formerly Radisson Hotel Memphis), Memphis, Tennessee, 38103, United States

2 Photos of Doubletree Hotel Memphis Downtown

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Memphis Travel Forum

Need advice about Memphis, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Memphis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Memphis hotel reviews

Memphis Marine Military Hospital
Humes High School
Auction Square
Things to Do
The Family Statue ( Art work)
Peabody Ducks at the Peabody Hotel