Extendedstay Poplar Avenue

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Memphis

Synagogue of MemphisSynagogue of Memphis

Elvis grave ,Elvis museum , Memphis, TnElvis grave ,Elvis museum , Memphis, Tn

Four greats having jam session in the studio.Four greats having jam session in the studio.

hard rock memphishard rock memphis

Moving to Memphis

by callis12

My wife and I plan on moving to Memphis later this year, and we're wondering what are some recommended apartments? We do not want to live in the ghetto, and we are looking in the $600-$700 a month price range. We would also consider living in an affordable house. So what are some areas we should look at?

RE: Moving to Memphis

by Rooster_poot

Quail Ridge Apt's
Legends at Wolfchase Apt's
Champion Hills Apt's.

These are in the Bartlett area / Wolfchase mall area, which is in the northeast side of Memphis / Shelby County.

Nice area. Where will you be working ? It's really pretty easy taking the I-240 loop around the city, but like most cities, there is construction, but mostly towards the downtown area at the I-40 / I-240 interchange.

Let me now if have questions or need questions answered.

Terry

Travel Tips for Memphis

Not many people know this, but...

by bottleofdoom

Not many people know this, but Elvis had a logo....'Takin' Care of Business In A Flash'. That's what the Lisa Marie sported on her tail...check it out. A tour of The Lisa Marie reveals a seatbelt across a double bed....imagine 'The High-Flyers Club' possibilities!

southern folklore and cultural history

by susiemargare

in the beale street area is a place called the museum of southern folklore or something very similar to that. it is free to enter and has lots of books and other materials, including recorded music, that deal with what i would call "people's history," that is, not textbook-type content but history about "regular" people in the south, usually poor, and both black and white. it is hard to find materials like this except in specialized places like this one. i believe that they might have live music at night, probably of the acoustic (not electric) variety, because i saw what i thought was a small stage in one corner of the room.

Great place to spend an afternoon or evening!

by sarahbeth11 about Silky O'Sullivan's

After the St Patrick's Day parade, we needed to keep the buzz going. So we hoofed it across the street to Silky O'Sullivan's to see what the Diver was all about. It's a huge drink served in a 1-gallon yellow bucket, made with beer, fruit juice, gin, and grenadine...or something like that. It tasted great at first, but towards the end, we were ready to be done with it!
The entertainment here was EXCELLENT. Even at 4 PM! We sat outside until the sun slipped behind the buildings, and there was an awesome acoustic guitarist playing requests. I'm a bit of an acoustic classic rock buff, and to me, this was heaven. He knew every song that was requested, and had people of all kinds (but mostly drunk from the Parade) dancing among the tables. He finished at 5, and it was getting chilly, so we headed inside where they had a great female blues singer. We'd been waiting to hear "Walking in Memphis" our whole trip, and she didn't let us down. We tipped both performers on our way out - and we're cheap college kids. You KNOW we were impressed!

Alfred's on Beale Street

by lashr1999

Th staff is great and the food is tops. I loved the barbecue chicken sandwich and barbecue chicken nachos.The prices are pretty reasonable. The outdoor patio is great for people watching Nice live music to listen to at night.

Beale Street Diner, (its next...

by larsy

Beale Street Diner, (its next Elvis Memphis resturant) I forgot the real name but I cant forget the meal.
Pay no attention to the mismatched chairs and tables, its hella good food. Beef Stew, Yummy.

Comments