Hilton Memphis

939 Ridge Lake Boulevard, (formerly Park Vista Memphis), Memphis, Tennessee, 38120, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Hilton.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Memphis

not great, at all

by TripAdvisor Member dp2me

sure, the decor is kinda neat, but there was hair all over my bathroom. like, not just a strand here or there. no trash can in bathroom and it all looked a little marginal. definately not cleaned well. who runs this place, hilton or another company? overpriced and I would NOT stay here again. I am a Hilton Gold member.

clean hotel with poor service

by TripAdvisor Member Vacationer9898

clean hotel remodeled couple years ago. Restaurant service poor at best, room service told me 20 minutes, but took 40 minutes. Fitness room, the treadmills some work, some dont. Hotel is in a safe location, would stay somewhere else if the convention I attended was not in the hotel

Great Location

We stayed on a recent Thursday night and it was great. The hotel was clean, the room was nicely decorated and the bed was super comfortable. We got our room requests met with no problem and this hotel was less than 3 miles from Corky's BBQ, a nice movie theatre and less than 15 minutes from the airport. It was great and I would stay again on my next visit to Memphis.

Nifty Modern Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member eljefe883

I got this room for a one-night steal on an online auction site. The hotel is decorated ultra-modern with a large round tower and check-in was a breeze with a courteous and efficient desk clerk. The room is pie-piece shaped and not overly large, but adequate with a nice bathroom. The only cleanliness problem I found was hairs in the sink (and not even mine), plus finding a working ice machine or vending machine was a three-floor challenge (only one machine per floor). The neighborhood seems rather suburban and safe, although getting to the hotel off the freeway required a ten-minute circular road trip to find the hidden back-street entrance. The exercise room featured nice-enough equipment and nice towels. Overall, I had no complaints, although I'm not a high-maintenance business traveler and did not sample the restaurants or room service.

Mr. Clean Loves the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member lakerone

My wife and I returned to the Hilton hotel in Memphis, Tennessee for a weekend visit. The entire staff was professional and accommodating while attending to our every need. The room was clean and well appointed. The lobby area has been recently remodeled and has excellent seating areas for impromptu meetings and gatherings. I also noticed a security guard patrolling the parking lot.

We have knowledge of most of the hotels in Memphis and we feel this one has the best combination of remodeled facilities, courteous service and price value.

Special recognition goes to Robert Mercer, General Manager, Sharon Brown-Assistant Manager, Monica Ndaw, Rufus Johnson, Jr. and Brian

Very Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member kjk411

Stayed here for 2 nights on business travel recently. The staff was
extremely friendly and very courteous. The hotel has apparently undergone
a renovation in the last few years and looks very up to date and was
very clean. My only complaints are that the hotel charges $9.95 per day
for wireless high-speed internet access, and the prices for the drinks
in the lobby bar were outrageous! All in all, I would stay here again
when in Memphis.

Went back again... same problems

by TripAdvisor Member jennnifer

See my first review below. This time, instead of a dance competition and a soccer tournament, there was an inner city sports something-or-other with plenty of unsupervised, rowdy, hyper teenagers RUNNING around the circular hallway at 1:30 a.m. I called security a few times, but each time security got up to the floor, the kids had run to another floor (they were on several floors). Finally, partially from sleep depravation.. I went into the hallway at 1:30 a.m. in my nightgown and looked them straight in the eye and yelled: "I paid 120.00 a night for this room. It's late. GO TO BED." They all looked at me like I had a third eye but I never heard another peep from them again that night.

I called management when I got back home and left a message with my number for someone to call me back and no one ever called me back.

Believe it or not, I am going again this week and this time we're going to try the executive level again.. with the HOPES that if there are tournaments in the city, the kids won't be staying on the executive level.

I figured out what ZIP check in is... and they do have one in the lobby... so hopefully we will bypass earlier check in issues...

We're Hilton Silver VIP members, so that explains my zest in continuing to try this freaking hotel. One more encounter with unsupervised sports groups and it is back to The Madison for us (The Madison is booked with a conference right now.. otherwise there is no doubt I'd be there this week).

Average Room

by TripAdvisor Member blgraves

The lobby area was in excellent shape. The rooms were average size. The bathroom was very small! No close restaurants, except Benihana. My husband was attending a convention there so it wasn't sensible to drive 2-3 miles to get breakfast. The restaurant breakfast was good but expensive, $12 for buffet consisting of bis/gravy, french toast, eggs, hashbrowns, made to order waffles and omelets, fresh fruit and cereal, pastries. The lunch and dinner wasn't as good as breakfast and was even more expensive.

The pool was out of towels for over an hour and I called 3 times before any were brought out.

Difficult to get to check in, circle one way drive often blocked.

There was a lady in the meetings with my husband that got the key to 3 different rooms before she found one that was unoccupied!

Over Rated Hotel!

Very nice for the money!

We came to Memphis as a getaway...have been wanting to see this town for a long time, so when my husband got a 4-day leave from Ft. Campbell, we jumped at the chance. We got a great rate b/c of his being in the military, and were pleased with the level of service and amenities. The decor of the hotel was beautiful...very modern, contemporary...not country at all. We had a standard king room, and it was just enough space for the two of us. Our room was on the 22nd floor, and on July 2nd, we watched fireworks from our window...it was great. Our AC did stop working for about 30 minutes one morning, but it was a minor inconvenience. The free wireless internet was a nice perk, but I had to pay $5 just to print something in the business center...quite a rip off. We ordered late-night room service two nights, and they forgot to deliver our beers, so they came back 5 minutes later and gave them to us free of charge, which we thought was nice, and an excellent display of customer service. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice, and during the day it was definitely being used! There was some sort of church conference going on in the hotel, but it was not an inconvenience at all. Most of the participants were friendly and not boisterous or anything. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the location of the hotel was not as out-of-the-way as we had anticipated. Only about 15 minutes to Beale St or Graceland, and just a few short miles to Corky's & a very nice movie theater. We were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Always wonderful!!!

by TripAdvisor Member shea01

Clean, modern, quiet. Bed had down comforters and the most comfortable beds ever (top quality linens)! Pool and hot tub is great. Breakfast buffet to die for, ready made omelets, fruits, bisquits, bacon, etc. Staff extremely friendly. This was our second stay, booked through priceline for $55. Will definitely stay again. Wonderful ponds with ducks and huge fish, kids enjoyed feeding them bread crumbs. View from rooms beautiful. Can't wait to go back, nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Beats all the 4 stars I've stayed in.

Graceland car, Elvis museum, Memphis, TNGraceland car, Elvis museum, Memphis, TN

The PatioThe Patio

lucky to catch some live music outsidelucky to catch some live music outside

Grand Lobby, awaiting the ducksGrand Lobby, awaiting the ducks

Some Tips on Visiting Memphis: Places to see

by wzwzrd

Just a few suggestions:
1: To see all of the attractions in Memphis, I would suggest you hire a car...driving there is easy, the attractions are a few miles apart, so getting around can be a bit of a problem without a car.

2:Visit Graceland fairly early in the morning, preferably on a dry day.
There are not such big Q's first thing, dry weather is essential, as a lot of the Graceland tour involves outdoors. (moving from building to building, the graveside etc)...your pics will look much better also.

3:Sun Studios is a must for all the Elvis music fans...after all this is where it began!

4:The Lorraine Motel, where Dr Martin Luther King was assasinated is now a Civil Rights Museum....very interesting and worth a look.

5:Gibson Guitar factory (across the road from Beale St)...short tour of the factory...highly recommended for you musicians.

5:Beale Street...try some barbecued ribs and take in the atmosphere, on one of the most famous streets in the USA.

6:If you have time & a car visit Tupelo, the bithplace of Elvis, visit the 2 room shack he was born in and the Elvis museum...the shop where he bough his first guitar is down the road. Set in really beautiful countryside...what a contrast to the hussle and bustle of Memhis.

7: Sundays: EVERYONE goes to church, so don't expect anything to open before 1 - 2 pm.

Hope these tips help everyone
Have a great time...we did!

by Rixie

These are good tips. A better and more permanent way to share them would be to incorporate them into a Memphis page and post some of your travel photos. On VT, people go to the Travel forum to ask or answer questions. When they're doing research for a trip, they look at travel pages.

by Lisachan

Let's not forget about the can't buy beer on Sunday at the grocery store. heh.
Here are some to add to the list...
There is also the Lichterman nature center. Midtown area. Cooper and Young is nice.

by peaksoft

Errr, not sure about number 7.
We did the grand tour on a Sunday last month - starting at Graceland at 10am, then Sun Studio, Rock and Blues museum, then had a late night on Beale Street, and frankly, it was very lively. We didn't see anywhere that was closed.
As far as we're concerned, it's a brilliant day to be a tourist in Memphis.

Comments