1220 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, Tennessee, 38119, United States

Club 152, Memphis TNClub 152, Memphis TN

Elvis music, Elvis museum , Memphis, TNElvis music, Elvis museum , Memphis, TN

the Lisa Mariethe Lisa Marie

Graceland exteriorGraceland exterior

Trip to tupelo from memphis

by smifco

Were staying at the heartbreak hotel from the 4th April to the 8th we have tried to book a trip to tupelo online but it seems there is some event at the same time that is tieing up the guides who normally do these tours. Can anyone give me any ideas how to go about finding a tupelo trip once we arrive. Thanks in advance
Smifco

by cassiovieggore

The link below may help you at this Tupelo trip.
Cassiovieggore

by smifco

I am told that the reason we cant book a trip tp Tupelo is that theres some sports event happening and that if the memphis side lose we can book a trip but if they win we cant as everybody and their uncle will be watching the next round of this event,. Is this true. Dont get me wrong as a sports fan myself I understand but I just need to know so I can try and book my trip. HHHEEELLLPPP tell me whats happrning sombody so I know whaT to do
Thanks
Smifco

by Rooster_poot

Try this link for Mike's tour.

Most of the larger, more expensive tours include Nashville, Tn. and are 6 to 7 day tours of the 3 cities. The link that is posted is located in Memphis and will pick you up at the hotel, take you to Tupelo and back for a reasonable rate....

Enjoy your visit

Terry

by Rooster_poot

Oh.... I forgot to mention that the next few days, Memphis has the anniversary death of Martin Luther King thinggy going on and I can only assume that is what is booking most of the tour guides. Presidential canidates, Jesse Jackson, Al Shapton, etc. etc. will all be part of the MLK happenings these next few days.

Our Memphis Tigers (college basketball) NCAA final four games are going on in San Antonio, Texas so that should not affect what is going on in the city.

Good luck.

Terry

Travel Tips for Memphis

don't know

by Jimmy7000

I was sad when I was in Memphis. I went there for a funeral. My great-grandma died. She was 72. She had been sick with bad diabates. The funeral service was on July 6, 1996. I was 3. There were many people there, as my mommy and daddy said, and I don't know how to tell the story out on my own without the widower of her telling me or me being told accurately
by somebody over 15 or can remember the story well.
I can't tell,but I was there

The Folklore Store

by Tuesdaysraven

The Folklore Store is on the main drag, the Main street and Riverfront trolley cars pass by it. It sells crafted souvenirs as well as having a fantastic gallery out back where they have bands play, have some cool artwork on display and (when I went) a blues musician with local knowledge who was happy to chat about the finer points of Memphis music history. I'd recommend a visit to this store because the owner is very friendly and genuine - she went out of her way to help me when I paid a visit there with no gain to herself, and the atmosphere is warm and interesting. They serve coffee and snacks and are happy to chat about music.

Note - this is listed in some places as being a cyber cafe but it doesn't operate as one any more (I went there in May 08) because there wasn't enough demand for it in Memphis apparently.

Blues on Beale Street

by myrtle about BB King's

If you're looking to hear some great Blues music in Memphis, BB King's is the place to go. Again, you will always find live music here and plenty of people dancing & having a good time. It may be hard to find a place to sit if you just want to watch the band playing, but if you hang around long enough someone will get up & move on to another bar. There is an indoor balcony here if you want to head upstairs & try finding a place to watch the band, but you may just have to sit at the bar.

You know you've come at a good time if you're there when Ruby Wilson is playing. She is very entertaining, has a wonderful voice, and puts on a great show! Everything on Beale Street pretty much follows the same dress code. Just dress as you would for any bar or club. You know what they expect.

How Does It Work

by grandmaR

One of the first things we saw when we came across the bridge to Memphis, was the monorail station near the visitor's center. Each time we went by, we tried to figure out how it would work. It did look like we could walk across above the monorail.

According to my tourist guide, the monorail would start running in March, so while we were driving in, I called the Mud Island people, and they didn't answer the phone, so I called the visitor's center. They said that the train was not running, and no one was sure whether it would open even in April.

So we never got to see how it would work, and we never were able to visit Mud Island either.

The website says: Don’t miss the opportunity to experience great views of downtown Memphis, the Mississippi River and Mud Island River Park. Step aboard a cabin and let our Swiss-made monorail whisk you across the harbor to Mud Island River Park. Traveling at an average speed of 7 miles per hour, each cabin can carry up to 180 passengers for the exciting 1/3 mile trip.

Don't waste your time or money

by sweetheart519 about Rendezvous

I am usually a very easy to please person, so it takes a lot to make me say "Do Not Go There!" But I can say that about Rendezvous. We went to this place because it was supposed to have the best BBQ in Memphis. Here is what we found:

1. everything was extremely overpriced
2. service was horrible, our waiter kept avoiding us, then took 10 min to bring us our drinks, then left our meal sitting on a table by the wall and a bus boy delivered it later, never checked on us, only came back to bring the check and never returned.
3. ribs were tough and dry, not good at all and hard to eat
4. side dishes were served in tiny plastic cups that were meant to hold sauce. They were the size of the palm of my hand! On top of that, they gave you baby-sized plastic cocktail spoons to make it feel like you were eating more. I could have swallowed the entire side dish in one gulp.
5. parking cost $10 due to a baseball game

In short, this was a complete waste of money and a disappointing experience. I saw some other posters who said the same thing about this place, but didn't want to believe it. I wish I had. If you want excellent BBQ go to Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ, it was cheap and fantastic! I honestly didn't think anything tasted very good. The cole slaw was very strong, tasted weird and unpleasant. The baked beans were ok, but I only got two bites of them in that little cup!

Comments