Memphis Hotels

Our Members Say

• Anaid1 profile photo Anaid1
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Quinta Inn and Suites on Millbranch road: Nice hotel close to airport, with free shuttle!

This is a great hotel to stay at, we flew in late (after 11 pm) and they still held the room for us, and sent the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. Even though there was only one staff at front desk, he worked it out to pick us up, then checked us and about 4 others parties in when he got back. Next morning front desk staff went out of their way to make sure we knew what our options were for sight-seeing, and even helped us book! Nice clean room, and good continental breakfast.we would definitely stay again!

Great staff, always helpful. Easy to get to from the airport, and close to Graceland

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Museum Visits, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 11, 2013

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603
Heartbreak Hotel

I didn't stay here, but there's a conveniently located "Heartbreak Hotel" right across the street from Graceland.

If the main purpose of coming to Memphis was to visit Graceland, I'd stay here. They have several channels dedicated to Elvis movies and concerts that play 24/7.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 4, 2005
Tip Photo

• susiemargare profile photo susiemargare
  • Reviews: 170

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

days inn west/pyramid: cheap lodging 15 mins from memphis

this motel is actually in WEST memphis, ARKANSAS, but it takes only about 15 mins to get from the motel to downtown memphis, and i suspect that it is cheaper than most places in memphis itself.

it is basic motel accommodation but perfectly adequate. the rooms have a good heating/AC system, TV, radio, phone, fairly good soundproofing (ask to be as far away from the interstate as you can). there is also a pool. parking is free.

i paid $45 for a room with a double bed.

they have suites by the week ($250 while i was there). these are advertised to have a kitchen; this would cut down quite a bit on food costs.

there are lots of restaurants nearby.

if you want to make reservations through the days inn website, be sure to put "WEST memphis, ARKANSAS" for the city.

from approx 7-9:30 am, there is a free breakfast in a room off the lobby. they have coffee, orange juice, doughnuts, sweet rolls, toast, cereal.

west memphis is not the most attractive place, and i would NOT go walking late at night, but if you have a car, you will be fine.

try to AVOID rush hours (7-9 am, 4-6 pm), because there is construction on the part of the interstate that goes into downtown.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 2, 2005

• Sarah169 profile photo Sarah169
  • Reviews: 8
Motel: Anywhere outside the city

Being on a budget we generally tended to stick to Motel 6, or super 8's.

Because Graceland is such a tourist pull, if its possible, i would stay away from that part of town..unless you want the full experience at the Heartbreak Hotel.

It was cheaper for us because the cost was split between 5 people, but generally the cost was about £55 for a double room (2 double beds).

• Related to: Budget Travel, Music, Arts and Culture
  • Written June 19, 2003

• KW38104 profile photo KW38104
  • Reviews: 5

Touring Memphis? Pick a Hotel...

Touring Memphis? Pick a Hotel that is Downtown. I repeat, Stay Downtown. If you dont have wheels, splurge for a cab to Graceland. It's roughly 12 miles away in an area of the City called Whitehaven. Do not be tempted by low hotel rates in the Graceland/ Airport area. This area has become crime ridden and WILL leave a bad impression of our City.. Besides, there is nothing other than Graceland to do in this area.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• Mammabunny1 profile photo Mammabunny1
  • Reviews: 7

Can't beat the price, my mom doesn't charge me anything, except the promise to come back soon.

Breakfast every morning, babysitter at night, for the rare occasion when my husband and I get to go out alone.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 26, 2002

• Pamzam70 profile photo Pamzam70
  • Reviews: 21

My friend and I have stayed at...

My friend and I have stayed at various places around Memphis, but the one we've frequently stayed at has been the Days Inn Downtown. HOWEVER, it has now become a Best Western Benchmark Hotel. I haven't stayed there since it's become the B.W. (I'm going to Memphis in March, '01, so I'll let you know), thought. When it was the Days Inn, it was decent. Nothing fancy, just a place to sleep when we've had a long night on Beale Street!! Prices were pretty good (I believe $45-65, depending on season).

We've also stayed at the Days Inn on Lamarr Blvd (inconvenient to attractions; far from downtown), the Days Inn Graceland (across from Graceland), and the LaQuinta Inn on Camilla Street (by Baptist Memorial Hosp. This one was pretty nice, but again, not within walking distance like the Days Inn/Best Western is).
We're going in March, and I've reserved a room for $60 for 2 double beds.

The Best Western Benchmark Hotel is across the street from the Peabody, and is just within a few blocks from Beale Street.

• Written August 25, 2002

• TerryP profile photo TerryP
  • Reviews: 66
Stay away from the Best...

Stay away from the Best Western in Memphis. Its run by three guys who don't know the first thing about hospitilty. I had told them when I checked in that I would be paying cash when I checked out and the next day they told me that they had already charged my card. The breakfast was lame and the room wasn't that great either. Overpriced also.
Probably about $65 a night which granted doesn't seem like alot but it was for what we got. On our trip cross country we found much nicer rooms for less.

• Opinion of Price: about average