110 Monroe Ave, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com ResidenceInn.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 67% more than other 3 star hotels

• Toughluck's Profile Photo

Great Location

It's been three days. Hot Breakfast every day, walks on Main Street, watching the Trolley's. Three blocks to Beale Street. It's an all suites hotel, with a full line breakfast in the morning.

Unique Quality: Historic building, fully renovated to a modern comfortable hotel. We had a two bedroom suite. It covered the entire end of the building (west side). The smaller bedroom (full queen bed) - bath off the hall - had a view east and north of the river and main street. The larger bedroom, with an en-suite bath faced west. The living room was on the south end, with windows west (river) and south. There was a kitchenette along the hall with a dishwasher, stove, microwave, sink, refrigerator/freezer and plenty of dish ware, pots, and silver for our group.

We also had a second suite, a efficiency style down the hall. You entered the room, and a raised platform on the right held the sleeping area (queen bed) and access to the bathroom. It was walled by a low wall (4' ft maybe) from the living area, which had two windows facing south. Very and large and comfortable for two. Room for children, as the couch was a hide-a-bed. There was a small kitchenette microwave, refrigerator.

On the roof, were several seating areas and a view over the entire city. On a raised platform, was the hot tub. It was a pleasant place to wind down from a busy day.

More about Residence Inn Memphis Downtown

Dissappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Seashell100

After reading reviews and having stayed at other Residence Inns, I wanted to stay there.
An elite Marriot Rewards Member, I booked a 2 bedroom suite via Marriott website and confirmed by phone to hotel itself the 2 bedroom. When we checked in at about 6pm, they had no 2 beds left. Demanded to see my "paperwork", husband got mad. They offered a penthouse suite (nothing special) so they gave us 2 rooms for the same price, but they were not connecting. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.
Ate at McEwans next door. Great meal, but a little pricey.
You have to valet park, valet was great.
Breakfast was the normal for Residence Inn, plentiful and good.
Didn't care for Memphis, liked Nashville better.

Smokey

by TripAdvisor Member dustyo

My sister, our friend and I stayed one night in the Residence Inn Downtown Memphis. The hotel was close to Beale St and other points of interest. When I made our reservations I had requested a two bedroom suite that was non smoking. When we got to our room I noticed the strong odor of smoke and two ashtrays. I immediately called the desk. I was told that we could change to a one bedroom suite which would not have been large enough and wasn't what I had requested anyway. The front desk was not very worried about the problem at all and did not offer to compensate us in any way. I emailed the hotel chain and still was not given an apology. I do have to say that the hotel was clean and the breakfast was nice. I would not stay there again fearing that I would have to sleep in a smoke filled room again.

What a fabulous place!

by TripAdvisor Member NativeCalGal

I stayed for 2 nights in early January and had a wonderful experience. The staff was professional and courteous, especially Jessie, the evening shift man at the desk. I am a preservationist, so seeing what a lovely job has been done restoring this old hotel to its former splendor thrilled me. It is elegant with " the charm of a bygone era".

My room was a "studio suite", which had a small but comprehensive kitchen, with everything I needed to fix a good dinner for myself one evening. It even had granite counters! The room had an elevated, private sleeping area and a cool, curving wall leading into the living room/kitchen/dining area. There were two large windows with views of the Mississippi River. It was windy and cold when I was there, but that didn't stop me from taking a glass of wine up to the rooftop and putting my feet in the Jacuzzi. Great view! In addition to providing breakfast (of which I cannot speak as I am not a breakfast eater), on Monday through Friday evenings, there is a happy hour with beer, wine and food, something different for each night of the week. It varies from soups to spaghetti to 'dogs and burgers, but theoretically, one could eat for free the whole week.

For going out, I tried Stella across the street, which is pricey but produced probably the finest and best executed appetizer and entree (both seafood, the chef's specialty) I have ever had. I am a cook myself and quite picky, and I didn't object to paying the tab on this meal at all. Another good place if you want something fresh and delicious is Casablanca Cafe in the mid-town area.

I would definitely recommend this place and hope to stay again one day.

Nice Hotel but lacking local knowledge

by TripAdvisor Member Boston-B

Stayed with a group of friends the weekend of Jan 20th. It's a nice hotel within a few blocks of Beale St. and walkable to the river. The people of Memphis are friendly and the locals give good suggestions on things to do and places to eat. The hotel staff was nice enough but seemed to lack knowledge of the area. Be sure to review your bill at check out as we were charged a rate higher than we booked. We would stay at this hotel again.

Great Location - Great Place -

by TripAdvisor Member lmbail

This hotel was magnificient - location was great - staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions, especially Gerald- no problems whatever.
Location to Beale Street and restaurants couldn't be better. We stayed in a 2 bedrm suite that was clean, roomy with a great view.

We would definately stay here again.

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member Trip4AWeekend

I loved this place. It was very nice. I was a little hesitant at first because of the price but it was worth it in the long run. Very nice and friendly staff. The front desk helped us with the casinos in Mississippi and the river boats. The hearty breakfast buffet saved us some money. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Would Recommend This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BrandonMSTraveler

This is a great location, especially if you are going to visit anything in the
Beale Street area and downtown Memphis. You can walk or take the trolley to
most everything from this location. The staff is very friendly and helpful,
and the rooms are very nice. We enjoyed seeing the fireworks from the roof of
the hotel on July 4. The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent. I
would recommend this hotel.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ianmar

We stayed here after reading the reviews on this site. This hotel certainly lived up to expectations. Centrally situated for Beale Street etc. The hotel is spotless, staff friendly and a decent complementary breakfast. Highlight of trip was visit to Graceland. Not in the least bit tacky - which I was afraid of. The audio tour was first class and you felt Elvis' presence throughout. We are not huge fans but spent the rest of the day humming his tunes.

Fantastic property!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dsh754

Every aspect of our 4 night stay was perfect. Staff very helpful, friendly and greeted us by name. Breakfast hot fresh and varied each day. 2 bedroom suite was perfect for a family. Trolley stop right outside hotel doors. Trolley ride is $1 for as long as you stay on. Makes a loop and you see everything. Kids adore it.
The hotel is a couple of blocks off Beale St but easily walkable or ride the trolley. Walgreens 1 block away. Valet parking is $10 day and well worth it. Fast convenient and safe.
I just cant say enough good things about this property. We will always stay here on our future visits to Memphis.

Comments