250 N Main St, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103, United States

Sheraton.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Memphis Marriott Downtown

The Marriott Downtown is primarily a business hotel as it is attached to the convention center. The good thing about this is that they have many ammenites available for guests that other, non-business hotels may not. This fact also means that it is one of the few hotels whose weekend rates are lower than their weekly rates, a plus for weekend travelers.
    Our room was comfortable and had a nice view of the Pyramid and the Misissippi River. Room service was quick and efficient. The location is convienient to the main part of the downtown and a trolley stop is located right outside the lobby.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a very nice exercise room and pool available for all guests. I used one of the treadmills and enjoyed a nice view of the city while I worked out. A full breakfast is served in their downstairs restaurant every day, or you have the option of having breakfast delivered to your room at any time you choose, just leave a card out with your order and time before midnight. They have a large lounge/bar where you can order sandwiches and appetizers as well.

Directions: Northern end of downtown at the convention center

More about Marriott Memphis Downtown

Very Nice Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Insight725

The Memphis Marriott is an excellent hotel for business or vacation. I requested and received a newer renovated room in the North Tower. Staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful on check in. Beds and bedding were very nice and comfortable. Curtains and carpet could stand to be updated. Also would be nice to have a mini fridge in the room. Bathroom nice also, tub good sized and shower head great. Housekeeping was friendly but not the most detail oriented. Trolley stop right in front of hotel. Not sure where the noise was coming from but it was a bit noisy. Breakfast buffet had nice selection but considering it wasn't that tasty I thought the $15 was a bit steep. The bar had reasonably priced selections but service was very slow. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Nice surprise

by TripAdvisor Member Colfax

I stayed here one night, on business. It is a very nice hotel - a cut above many of the other Marriotts I have stayed at in the past. My room was terrific! The furnishings were stylish, attractive, and in great condition. The bed was perfect. If you're in Memphis for fun, you might prefer to stay somewhere closer to Beale Street (I recommend the Doubletree.) But you can also catch a streetcar right next to the Marriott that will take you down to Beale. While in Memphis, don't miss Gus's for fried chicken - hands down the best we have ever tasted!! Ask the front desk how to get there.

Double check before you leave

I stayed here as part of a tour, loved Memphis, but left three pairs of shoes behind when I moved on to Nashville.I called the hotel a few hours later, told them where I'd left & in which room,hoping that the coach driver still there could bring the next day.I called the hotel 3 times & no one could find them & didn't seem very interested.I wass told I'd never see them again but launched an e-mail campaign on returning to England.Finally when Joe Blewitt got on the case they were found & sent back to me straight away, great job.All my Memphis memories are now happy ones. Thanks a lot Joe !!

fantastic trip

by TripAdvisor Member ScotlandSongbird

my friend and i had a wonderful week in Memphis staying at the Marriot hotel, i would recommend it. we met some wonderful people, locals black and white, on the street and trolley. we also had a horse and carriage ride with Dave and his horse Alex , not forgetting Ashley the dog . also we went to see the Peabody ducks then shopped in Peabody place. in the evenings we went to Beale street what a wonderful place , when it was time to move on to Nashville we were quite sad. ps Graceland made our day even though it rained. god bless America Julie and Anney

Well located hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KarinaNZ

Overall we were very happy with our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly.
The trolley stops directly outside the hotel and it is a quick $1 trip to Beale Street and The Peabody Shopping Centre.
The breakfast was only average. While it was tasty, the selection was quite small. Also, when we arrived the whole bread cabinet was empty and it took almost 20 minutes to refill it. It is definately too expensive for what it is.
The concierge was very helpful and booked us onto a city tour and a tour of Graceland. The city tour was fairly dull with almost an hour of it spent looking at the different areas of the hospital. However Graceland is worth every cent, even if you're not a huge Elvis fan.
Overall I was very happy and at the right price I would stay at this hotel again.

Good Downtown Choice

by TripAdvisor Member murfeesborohardware

Marriott is doing a good job with this property. I would rate this as a solid 3-star hotel on a 5-star scale. The lobby is very open and nicely furnished. The rooms are nice with the new Marriott mattresses and higher cotton white sheets and comforters. We had a room in the South Tower on the 16th floor and I was pleased. The views were nice. The bathroom shows a bit of age but has the new wide shower head. Toiletries are from the Bath and Body Works A-Therapy line. As other reviews have pointed out, the hotel sits directly on the trolley line, which is nice. The walk down to Beale and Peabody Place, however, make for a nice stroll if the weather is fine. The Peabody may have the Lobby Bar, but overall the stay is just as nice here for much cheaper. The Marriott certainly beats the Wyndham across the street. The only other options I would recommend downtown would be the Madison (nice, but usually significantly more expensive) and the Hampton at Peabody Place. All in all, for location, quality and value, I will stay here again.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member ClaireR

I've stayed in several Marriott properties in the USA and Europe and I'm sorry to say this was the worst I've experienced. You come to expect a certain level of service and I'm afraid this hotel fell short. Location wise it was great and the plus points were;
1) Friendly staff,
2) Pool & sun terrace
3) Trolley stop outside.
However this is where the good points end. We had a number of problems/issues which from my experience could have been easily avoided. Below are just some of them;
- No towels or water at the pool/gym area. When we asked reception staff to look into this at 9am we were still without either at 3pm that afternoon. Only when several other guests and ourselves complained again were we finally helped.
- Pool had "Cleaning in Progress" signs around it during the same period and when people, again ourselves included, asked that evening when it might re-open so that we could go for a swim we discovered cleaning work hadn't begun and that the signs had been put up in anticipation it it being cleaned that day!
- Dirty towels removed from room one morning by housekeeping yet were replaced with only 1. There were 3 of us staying in the room! When we requested a few more they we sent up by housekeeping but sveral of them had black stains on them.
- Rooms were very tired and in need or a major re-vamp. Furniture was worn and the armchair in out room was frayed and very discoloured in seveal places. The desk chair had stains on it.
- The reception staff at the hotel failed to book us on tours on 2 seperate occasions. In both cases we only found on the morning of the tours and only after requesting staff to reconfim our bookings! Luckily we were able to resolve both issues int he end but these problems were totally avoidable and the annoyance caused was unnecesaary.

To be fair to the hotel when I listed all the above issues plus a few more that occured, they did come up with adequate compensation for us. Consequently my faith has been restored in Marriott and I wouldn't let this disuade me from staying at one of their hotels in the future. I have since discovered that there are better rooms in a newer part of the hotel, why they continue to put guests in the older/shabbier rooms which will invariabley lead to complaints is beyond me! We were here at the Marriot less than a week ago.

By the way make sure you visit Graceland, it was the highlight of our trip!

Loved it so much

by TripAdvisor Member childminder0

I have just come back from my stay at this hotel and all i can say is how great the hotel and the staff are.

I took the trolley from the hotel down to beale street as the trollye stoped at the hotel, i felt very safe in the hotel and the local area.

I am planning on going back in a couple of years.

Typical downtown Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member volrichard

Stayed 2 nights Wed & Thurs. Hotel was not sold out, but busy. Little difficult to get to off the interstate, with construction and one way streets. Hotel is modern, nice lobby. Valet and self parking, both have charges. Self is about $12/day, valet, about $17. Dedicated MR check-in line, proceeded smoothly and efficiently. 6 elevators, little to no wait.
Room was typical Marriott room. Bed was extremely comfortable, rare for me to say for most hotels. Wired and wireless HS internet, $10/day charge.
Did not dine in restaurant, did go to the bar one nite. Service was a little slow due to high # of patrons and only 2 bartenders & 1 waitress.
Trolley Stop right outside back of building takes you easily to Beale St., Peabody, Autozone, etc. $1 each way, runs every 10-15 minutes, from 6a-11p. Best was to get around downtown
Checkout was easy. Overall the hotel is very good.
Only downside, I had reserved a block of rooms for my conference and follow up from the local sales department was non-existant. While the block of rooms were there, there were billing issues for multiple rooms billed to one person, but in the name of another.

Comments