The Roulhac Mansion

Tags

Historical Travel Luxury Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

Rude, Biggoted, Thieves

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2009

I booked my reservations via hotels.com with the Roulhac Mansion. We arrived in Memphis a bit early and thought we would check out our accomodations, to figure out where we were staying and it's proximity to the rest of the area we planned on visiting. When we pulled into the drive we were met by a man who pointed and grunted at us as to where we were supposed to put our vehicle, and the pointed and grunted towards the front entrance. (I later find out this delightful gentleman is their security officer, talk about scary) When we got to the entrance we were bombarded by the sounds of several locks being undone from the front door, just to let us in. Some more grunting followed, and the man went to a back room. This is where we heard, coming from the back, "I don't know what to do with them, I don't want to talk to 'them people'". At this point we were not only a bit creeped out, but now we were upset as well. For $119 a night, we had had a single word spoken to us, had been grunted at and pointed around, and now we were 'Them people'. When the man came back we told him we wanted to cancel our reservations to stay somewhere else, he turned around, and went to the back again. After several minutes the female voice we heard from the back met us in the front, and we told her also that we wanted to cancel our reservations. Now keep in mind that she was clearly audible in the back, but when confronted face to face with us, she practically grunted at us too. We did our best to figure out what she was saying, cancel through the web site, and we left. Upon calling hotels.com, they tell me the roulhac is the billing party, and that I must contact them instead. When I called the 1-800 number for the Roulhac I was answered by an articulate, well spoken gentleman. Where was he when I went to the hotel. At this point, they had charged me $264.77 out of my bank account, it was not even 'check in time' at the Mansion, much less the next day. Long story short, after several frustrating calls to Hotels.com, and the Roulhac, I was told they would consider giving my money back to me, and would call me back later that afternoon. I have not heard back from them yet. The Roulhac is RUDE, CREEPY, and are THIEVES. Forgive me for not wanting to stay there, but after the treatment, lack of people who are able to SPEAK, you couldn't PAY ME to stay there. I want my money back.

Unique Quality: Lack of speaking personnel

Amenities at The Roulhac Mansion

• Room Service
  • Free Parking

Memphis Travel Forum

Need advice about Memphis, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Memphis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Memphis hotel reviews

Memphis Marine Military Hospital
Humes High School
Auction Square
Things to Do
The Family Statue ( Art work)
Peabody Ducks at the Peabody Hotel