170 Lt. George Washington Lee Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Westin.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Terrible service

Very poor housekeeping, I stayed for a week 7 days after the second day no housekeeper came to clean my room when she finally came she just took the use towels didnt makeup the bed with clean sheets didn't clean the bathroom didnt take my trash out and then left without giving me clean towels it took a whole complete day for her to come back with my towels when she did she just brought face towels no body towels. When it was time to check out I almost missed my flight because the front desk said they schedule my sedan when it was time to leve no seen was waiting for me had to take taxi. My overall experience was terrible I might as well stay at the Hoilday Inn very bad service especially for the price of the rooms.

Unique Quality: No pool, no complimentary breakfast a regular breakfast was 18 dollars and the food wasn't hot or good at all.

• close to Beale street

The hotel is very nice, and close to Beale street. But you can still be within walking distance a bit farther away and save some money, it's pretty expensive. Plus add on another $18 for parking, a day. There is not a pool, jacuzzi, free breakfast, and I like all those things. Also the elevator was broken for several days. The room was pretty and clean. For us though we don't spend much time in the room, and the trolleys are cheap to get around on if you stay farther away.

Unique Quality: I did like working out with a view of the street below, and I really like their soap. But I just think it's too expensive.

More about The Westin Memphis Beale Street

Memphis in May Beale Street...

by Bostephenson

Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival!
The Beale street music festival is one of the all time best weekend music festivals in the country. It happens the first weekend in May every year and the Memphis in May people do their best (which is very good indeed!) to bring all sorts of amazing acts. I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn there, as well as Bare Naked Ladies.

Memphis in May Beale Street...

by SCondrey

Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival is held every year at Tom Lee Park on the Mississippi River. For 2001 the bands included Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler, Bob Dylan, Dave Mason, Three 6 Mafia, George Clinton, The Offspring, and one of my personal favorites The North Mississippi All Stars, more than 60 bands, 4 stages, three days, Memphis in May’s Beale Street Music Festival is mid-America’s Party on the River!

This festival has a limited number of tickets. All three days in 2001 were sold out. If you're planning on attending get your tickets in advance or you won't get in. Partying on the river with my friends and listening to great music for the past 20 years.

For more information: MemphisinMay.org

Need-to-know info while on-the-go

by Maria250

Memphis Visitor Information Center

340 Beale Street
Memphis, TN 38103

Phone: 901-543-5333
FAX: 901-543-5335

The Visitor Information Center is staffed with friendly and knowledgeable locals who are eager to offer information and assistance with Memphis and Mid-South attractions, lodging, shopping, dining, sightseeing tours, and special events.

Hours: Monday - Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm

Also check on this great link for map & tourist guide

"Memphis is a big time city with big time attractions, so you’re going to need a little guidance in your journey around the River City. Where is the famed Memphis Zoo located? What was the name of that legendary barbecue joint? What is the meaning of life? Ok, our Memphis Tourist Guide can’t answer every question, but it does provide need-to-know info while on-the-go in and around Memphis.

Everything from the hit side of Memphis’ famous attractions to the flip side that only the locals know - Request a Memphis Tourist Guide and keep it tucked close by while you explore Memphis Soul."

Not What We Expected

by TripAdvisor Member LSUBatonRouge

My husband, children and I decided to take a weekend trip to Memphis to tour Graceland and chose the Westin because of it's location and the fact that it was such a new property. Through confirmation emails from the hotel, they invited you to relax, unwind and feel rejuvenated. Well, upon arriving Saturday night at approximately 6:00, I was told that no rooms were ready......"We had a full house last night." I'm thinking, "Isn't check out at 12:00 and check in at 3:00?". For once, I arrive at a hotel past the check in time, only to be told that the rooms were not ready! Strike #1.

So my family and I sit, exhausted from a 5 hour trip, in the lobby with all of our luggage waiting on the push cart. There was a group of women in the lounge also waiting with all of their luggage, and they said they had been waiting for two hours. Luckily for us, we only waited about 20 minutes or so. So up to the room we go.

The room was very nice and we decided to order a movie and turn in early for the big day at Graceland tomorrow. Well, our room was on the 7th floor facing Beale Street. We were directly behind Silky O'Sullivans and there was a band playing. I am a fan of live music, but I was tired and really wanted to relax. The band was SO loud, that I felt like I was in the courtyard with them. I decide to call the front desk to see if they had any sort of white noise maker, and was told this: "Turn up your TV". Well, needless to say, that did not sit well with me. So, until about 3:00 a.m., I listened to Jungle Boogie, Mustang Sally, etc. All while attempting to get some sleep. Strike #2.

The next morning, we left and went to Graceland. Great time and well worth the trip. Well, when we got back to the Westin at about 3:00 that evening, we entered our room in hopes of feeling "refreshed and rejuvenated" and to our dismay, housekeeping had not even been by. So I called the front desk and they said they would get back with me. They never did. Strike #3, you're out. So we left in disgust and walked down Beale Street. Once we made it back to our room, at about 7:30, the room finally had been tended to.

There were positives about the Westin: The Daily Grill had an excellent breakfast menu and the food was delicious. The wait staff was friendly, too. Also, Joan, the concierge was very helpful and sympathetic to my "issues" I had during my stay. My suggestion to anyone considering staying here would be to not bring any young children (mine were 8 and 5 ), and also don't stay here if you want to relax. Even though it was a beautiful hotel, it's more appropriate for those wanting to enjoy the night life. At least be sure and request a room on the opposite side of Beale Street.

A+ Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member TYBG

Everything about this property is done right. From the Concierge, to the front desk staff, to the staff in the Daily Grill Restaurant--everyone treated my wife and I with top drawer service. We stayed over the Thanksgiving Holiday on hotel points, and being Gold SPG members, we were upgraded to a suite. This doesn't happen too often--most of the time, an upgrade for Gold members is a higher floor or corner room. Having the suite set the tone for our entire stay. The food at the Daily Grill was supreme, and we dined in a private dining room alone next to the fireplace.

I can't rave enough about how well we were treated during our holiday stay.

Westin is a Great Place to Stay in Memphis!

by TripAdvisor Member bellbook

Booked for one night in December. Great location! Within walking distrance to downtown attractions and dining.

Clean rooms. Attentive and helpful staff.

Normal Westin

by TripAdvisor Member ppsh507

Clean, comfortable, priced low for a westin, well-maintained, in-room wifi, excellent location walking distance from museums, attractions and nightlife. No complaints. I recommend this hotel.

This Westin was just average.

by TripAdvisor Member dawgcentral

We booked though Total Sports, since we were in town for the Liberty Bowl. (could not book through Starwood due to the block Total Sports had reserved)

There was some delay at check-in. This was 3pm, and the hotel was at full capacity, so they did the best they could.

There are two elevators at this hotel. You must insert your room key for a stop at your floor. I can understand the need for security, but when elevators are full, this can become an issue, attempting to insert your card in front of others.

We were shown to a HC accessable room. (not requested)We were situated on the opposite side of Beale Street, so noise was not an issue. The beds were very comfortable, but this is no longer a Westin exclusive in my opinion.

Location is everything for this hotel. It's situated in the heart of the party district of Memphis, next to the Fed-Ex Forum. ( saw Yao Ming in the elevator).

We had some issues with room service and housecleaning. The first night, after ordering up room service for two, they brought one set of silverware.

The second night, the food was brought up to the room almost an hour later than promised, and this was after they called and said that one item ordered would not be available. (baked potatos not available after convincing me to order one fully loaded).

After returning to the room that evening, we noticed that no small wash cloths had been left by housecleaning. Called down and requested some. They never arrived. I asked that they bring them with the meal that night. They still never arrived.

We are accustomed to excellent service and comfort at Starwood Properties, that is why we book there when possible. This one, I have to say, was a disappointment. I believe the effort was there, because I recieved excellent service at breakfast one morning in the dining room, but this hotel seems to have problems when running at full capacity, and under duress.

Ashtrays and garbage cans in front of the hotel were not emptied for the entire three days of our stay.It had rained, and trash and butts were floating.

Martini lounge as well as the bar next to the dining room were understaffed on both of our visits to them.

The hotel does indeed have a Starbucks on the grounds, but you have to trek outdoors into the weather to access it. It doesn't open until 6:30, and there is no coffee provided in the lobby. I was not the only guest to observe this.

The employees on staff were for the most part very friendly and attentive, but it was plain to see that they needed more help at times. This hotel had been booked solid for weeks. We paid a premium to stay there. They should have been better prepared.

There is a Hampton Inn two blocks away. Next time I'll pay less than half the price, sleep in a very comfortable bed, have coffee in the lobby at any time, and a towel to wash my face.

Memphis- An amazing place and an amazing time!

by RheaM

"Memphis- Our Arrival/Beale Street"

Memphis was the fourth stop on an incredible roadtrip that my husband and I took with our friends. When we arrived we knew we only had one night and there was too much to see. We decided that Beale Street was going to be our night time destination for dinner, drinks and some great music. It was the week of Memorial Day so it was really crowded. Beale street gets closed off to through traffic after the sun sets, this is obviously a good decision because it gets PACKED! The entire street begins to resemble a block party, and much like Las Vegas, you can carry open alcohol containers on the street (um, this makes for a wild bunch of people at times, so be careful and stay aware of your surrounding, but we were fine and felt safe).

We chose the Run Boogie Cafe as our dinner spot, it was a great and historic choice.

Beale Street, Memphis, TennesseeBeale Street, Memphis, Tennessee

Gibson Guitar Factory, Beale Street, MemphisGibson Guitar Factory, Beale Street, Memphis

Shopping on Beale Street

by DiPaolo

How do I get from Gold Strike, Tunica, Ms to Beale Street, Memphis

Re: Shopping on Beale Street

by grandmaR

The Gold Strike has this section on their website.

It looks like they either have excursions, or that they expect you to drive. Once you are in Memphis there is a city tour bus that picks up at the Visitor's Center (and other place) because you will have to park someplace if you drive.

Comments