265 Union Ave, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103, United States
Hotels.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Memphis

Graceland car, Elvis museum, Memphis, TNGraceland car, Elvis museum, Memphis, TN

Coco & LilyCoco & Lily

my prizemy prize

GracelandGraceland

Amtrak station safe?

by lovenewyawk

I am taking the Amtrak from memphis to New York. Is the amtrak station safe to hang out in? i live in nashville, love traveling by train and memphis is the nearest station to me.

RE: Amtrak station safe?

by Robin922

I know that ours (Little Rock) isn't in a good area.

So I did a quick online search, the crime rate for that area is twice the national average. By the way they do have a station just south of Nashville.

If you want to see the crime numbers:

RE: Amtrak station safe?

by MrsRealEstate

I don't think the station itself is dangerous. Just don't go walking around outside. Unpredictable situations can happen anywhere. I am from Memphis and personally I would just stay put in the seating area.

Good Luck

Michelle

RE: RE: Amtrak station safe?

by lovenewyawk

THANKs everyone for the input. my train won't come till 10:40 pm so i will be there quite a while.

i'm gettng there very early because i know better than to trust any greyhound schedule.

Travel Tips for Memphis

Meditation Garden at Graceland

by Elena_007

The actual garden is rather small, and I can only imagine it filled with a busload of tourists. I went one December morning, and was the only one there besides the gardeners. It was quite peaceful in a tranquil setting, but I think the telephone pole in the background seems a bit odd, and sort of takes away from the natural feeling of such a final resting place. Still, it was his home and in his own back yard, so I guess it is perfectly natural, after all.

Gambling in nearby Tunica, Mississippi

by spartan

Yes about 30 minutes (or longer depending on traffic) is the gambling mecca of Tunica, MS. It's situated on the Mississippi River and although not as big as Vegas or Atlantic City, offers adventure and fun for everyone.

Flying Saucer Draught Emporium

by Pamzam70

Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
This is a great people-watching spot, as in the summer time, they open the windows and you can sit right by the windows and watch the people go by, while feeling the warm summer breezes fly...Tons and Tons of beers - largest selection in the South. This place seems a little more 'dressy' (not flashy, but not in raggedy jeans, t-shirts, etc). Seems like a place where most folks come after work.

As we only stayed one day in...

by Globies

As we only stayed one day in Memphis we did not really go out for dinner. We were staying in the Radisson hotel and the hotel restaurant -don't know the name- serves a very extensive and tastefull buffet. Especially the crab salad was very good!!!

Great Burgers & Beer

by emilienoelle about Huey's

We went into to Huey's for a quick lunch and ended up staying for 3 hours. Not only were our burgers great, but they have a huge beer selection and and a comfortable and inviting bar. The waitresses were friendly and very quick about bringing refills when our drinks got below the half-way mark. A fun, casual place to hang out. If you can spare the calories, definately get a burger. The one I had was great, flamebroiled to order with lots of toppings, the kind you have to cut in half to get in your mouth.

Comments