Best Western Suites Near Opryland

201 Music City Circle, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214, United States

BEST WESTERN Suites Near Opryland
Orbitz.com Booking.com Despegar.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Are the other reviews lying?

Are the other reviews lying?
    When we got to the hotel after 12 hrs of driving (from Dallas), we were disgusted with the run down hotel. It was nothing like the website photos. When we found out that no, it did not have a hot tub as advertised on site, we almost left... But again, were so exhausted from our long drive, we decided to stay.
    Other reviews told of the amazing breakfast, so we went to bed in hopes of the great breakfast! It was cold cereal and bagels. What a fail.
    We booked on priceline.com, who added on $5.00 of taxes, and were not told that the priceline price was not the final price (I've booked at least 20 hotels on priceline). When the final price showed up on my credit card statement, it was $17.00 more than what we'd booked on priceline. When I contacted the staff asking to have it explained, I was told "you obviously didn't read the fine print". No, I didn't. After booking like 20 other hotels, and their price being final, I didn't expect Best Western to screw us over.
    Best western, you are an absolute fail and we will never use you again.

• horsinround2's Profile Photo

Friendly staff that caters to guests

Staff was friendly, knowledgable about the area, had great tips on what to see & how to get there, and did everything within their power to keep us happy. Rooms were clean and quiet and breakfast was substantial & varied enough to satisfy until lunch. Not within walking distance to the Opryland Hotel unless you like a looooooooong walk. But, tell the front desk what time you want to head over there & their complimentary shuttle will give you a lift.

**Due to severe flooding in this area May 1st & 2nd, 2010, please make sure to call and double check if this hotel is open.

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Applebees & Cracker Barrel if you don't feel like going far for dinner.
    Near the city bus stop, but you will have to walk about 3 blocks to catch the bus. The bus system runs regularly & is an easy & cheap way to get downtown from the hotel.
    Taxi to the airport was $20.

Directions: Near Opryland

More about Best Western Suites Near Opryland

Affordable Price and Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member charrison

My husband and I went for a weekend trip without the kids to relax. We were looking for an affordable hotel that was clean, but did not need alot of ammenities. Best Western supplied all that we needed.

Best Western Opryland was clean, staff was very helpful, had a continental breakfast, and was quiet. The outdoor pool was not open, so I can't comment on that.

The transportation from the hotel to local attractions was provided by Tommy's Tours for a small fee. Jerry was our driver. He gave us information on local attractions that helped us decide what we wanted to see and not see.

Best Western was just one mile from Opryland, Opryland Hotel, Opryland Mills Mall, General Jackson Showboat and many restaurants. Great location and great price. I paid $89.00/night through AAA.

Satisfactory Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Badrhino

Along with five business associates, I stayed for two nights at this location. I had a suite with two doubles, as the single king rooms were not available. The rates were different for each night ($70/$80), as the hotel effectively employs demand-driven price discrimination.

The accommodations were about average in nearly all respects. Breakfast was only adequate, maybe even a little below average. Internet access was OK, but sometimes a little spotty. Hotel personnel were all very nice and helpful. A computer and printer were available in the lobby for guest use, but required an exorbitant user fee: ridiculous.

The location was good, only a short walk to the awesome Gaylord Opryland facility. Many other chain hotels are located nearby. Several good restaurants are located nearby. Santa Fe's was very good. The world's worst (and slowest) McDonalds is also closeby. No food stores or drug stores are located close to the hotel. Lots of mall shopping can be found just a few minutes away.

The airport shuttle costs around $22; a taxi is a few bucks more. With all the construction between the hotel and the airport, be sure to leave enough time for your airport run.

Weird event of the trip: three raccoons bolted from the trash area as we pulled up to park late one night.

Highly Advise! Great Value & close to Opryland

by TripAdvisor Member arghin

We stayed here during the Thanksgiving Holidays and I was very pleasantly surprised. The interior of the hotel is very nicely appointed, clean. Our room was large and included a couch/seating area, desk, 2 double beds and a small area with a microwave/refrigerator/coffee maker and sink, all of which worked well and were very clean. The bathroom is large and the shower had the large head with massager capabilities (wonderful!). Opryland and the Opry Mills Mall were literally minutes away (we really could have walked had we had the gumption). Dining was close. They had continental breakfasts each morning with a very nice lady attending it. It really had a nice ambience to it and I would really recommend it. It was also very easy to reach from interstate.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kaloja

The hotel was very clean and short drive to the Opryland complex. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds, a small couch, desk, refrigerator and microwave. It was good size and we didn't feel cramped. I really appreciate the refrigerator since we travel with a small cooler of snacks. We arrived after dark and it was a little hard to find the turn off of the main road to the hotel. We made 2 wrong turns before we found it . During the day it would be easier.

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member IndianaKris

The rooms were spacious with a microwave and refrigerator and coffee pot. They are suites with a sofa and sitting area. They have a continental breakfast. The breakfast was not extensive but okay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. For the money, this is your best option in the Opryland area. The only negative was that they charge you per day for the safe and
we did not use it. But other than that, this hotel was really
great and I would highly recommend this hotel. It is very close to the Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills. There are restaurants near the hotel. It has an outdoor pool that opens around the middle of April.

Nice Decor - UNcomfortable - RUDE front Desk

by TripAdvisor Member bobbieh76

I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel. I knew at check in the experience was not going to be good. When I walked in the hotel at 11:00 that night to check I smiled at the front desk lady and she did not smile back she actually turned her head. She was arguing with a church group over their accommodations. I finally heard her tell them "If you have a problem with it the manager will be in here in the morning you can talk to him about it” The man checking me in did not seem to know what he was doing. I had put my credit card up to hold the room but wanted to pay for my 2 nights in cash he acted like he did not know how to do that. Then we were required to put a credit card up for a deposit, which I can say that I have never had to do at a hotel. The hotel and the rooms were very nicely decorated. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on.

The side doors to the hotel were locked after 8p.m. so you had to walk all the way around if you parked in the back in a dark parking lot. We tried to go out the side door right after we checked in and the snotty front desk lady YELLED at us down the hall that the doors were locked after 8pm. We had to park in the back so we had to walk all the way around the hotel with our luggage in the dark I did not feel safe at all.

I asked for an extra pillow and blanket and the man at the front desk said they did not have any because they were so full; I dislike it when hotels are not accommodating!

I called Best Western the night we checked in to report the undesirable front desk people it has been 2 weeks and I have yet to be contacted with a response?

Great stay for a great price

by TripAdvisor Member wisconsintexas

We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights with family members meeting from Texas and Wisconsin. We arrived early and was able to check in early, which was nice after traveling all night to get there!

The hotel and staff were very polite and professional. The rooms are very spacious, the refrigerator and microwave are great amenties. Rooms were clean, beds are comfortable, breakfast was good and it's very quiet. For the price, it can't be beat! The only negative aspect is that you have to pay to use the computer in the lobby, and they don't get the GAC TV channel.

If you're going to Grand Ole Opry, this is the perfect place to stay as you can walk to it. Not a bad drive to get to down town either.

We will be back!

by TripAdvisor Member sampsonb

We arrived late and front desk was accomodating and very friendly. Our room had two double beds which were very comfortable, nice linens, a sitting area, bar sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Everything was immaculate!Room was spacious...didn't feel cramped at all. Although there's only a partition between sitting area and beds, it's sufficient and provides privacy and space. The bathroom was large and very clean...great water pressure and great shower head. Pillows were nice and there were extra pillows and blankets in the closet. And it was so quiet. The rooms seemed to be soundproof. We never heard anyone in the hallway or another room or bathroom as is common in many places we've stayed in the past. The hotel did not charge me to use the computer in the lobby, or for use of the room safe as mentioned in another review. Breakfast was the standard continental but adeqate and pleasantly displayed. They also have waffles. Coffee was delicious which is rare at a hotel. There is a great Bob Evans close by and Santa Fe's was also very good....Santa Fe's is like a Roadhouse restaurant, very casual where people throw peanut shells on the floor. Another reviewer was right on when they said the world's worst and slowest McDonalds is in walking distance. Opryland mall and the GOO are a short drive but you could walk it if able. The Willie Nelson museum and general store is also close by, right next to Cooter's...both fun to visit. Downtown was a short uncomplicated drive as was uptown. We will definitley be back and in our opinion Best Western is the best place to stay in the area. We were hesitant to stay at a Best Western as our past experience with this chain hasn't been all that great.... but this Best Western Suites Opryland is above average in more ways than one and exceeded our expectations! Great job BW!

Best of the Rest

by TripAdvisor Member Worldoyster

Spent the last 3 nights of our vacation at this hotel & it was definitely saving the best til last! Good room facilites, breakfast & swimming pool. The hotel is in a good location amongst many other well known groups at the quieter end of Music City Circle. There is nothing within walking distance but a short drive away are places like Cracker Barrel & Shoneys. Apart from Opryland/ Opry Mills be sure to visit Nashville Palace (similar to Tootsies downtown), Cooters & Willie Nelson mueum. While we were there, we happened upon Duke Fest at Cooters, there was a very long line waiting for autographs but we just took some photos of the Sheriff's car & the orange Pontiacs! When we checked out we noticed that the hotel charges for in room safes at $2.00 per night, seems to be a few extra taxes levied by TN state for various items. This hotel is within easy reach of airpot, about 10-12 mins away off Briley Parkway, would definitely stay again.

Comments