Club Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Nashville

Outside of Hard Rock NashvilleOutside of Hard Rock Nashville

andrew johnson statueandrew johnson statue

James K. Polk Grave and MemorialJames K. Polk Grave and Memorial

View of Downtown NashvilleView of Downtown Nashville

Parking in Nashville for LP Field

by dre1988

hi all,

i'll be in nashville next week for the USA vs. Trinidad soccer game at LP field. while there, we'd like to check out some of the attractions downtown and the entertainment district. based on the city map, i figure that i could park at the Metro Courthouse, located at the south end of 2nd Avenue and Union St. then we could walk acrosss the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field.

before and after the game we can check out downtown nashville and the entertainment district respectively.

is this doable? my concerns with this plan are:

1. is it sake to walk across the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field? Are there pedestrian lanes?

2. is the Metro Courthouse parking lot safe and close enough to the downtown attractions and the entertainment district to walk?

3. is downtown Nashville safe at night from muggers and the like?

thanks!

by counsel14

You should be fine walking across. I did several times by myself and I'm an "old lady". Take a flashlight along for added security. It can get dark if a light goes out on you.
Have fun.
Susan

by dre1988

thanks!

by counsel14

You are very welcome
Susan

Travel Tips for Nashville

Nashville has become more...

by sparky_in_tn

Nashville has become more diverse in it's appeal in the past 15yrs., but music is still its drawing feature. We have several places for people to go and hear some really good locl talent as well as well knowns in different music styles. One of the places most locals know about is the Bluebird Cafe' in the Green Hills area. There are great places to dance as well; most of them are downtown around second avenue. Nashville, as with most Southern towns has some of the friendliest people you will find. Now sure there are jerks here too, but as a whole the people here are courteous and helpful.

Clothier´s For Tall and Large Guys

by grishaV1 about Men of Measure and and Men of Stature

At 73 White Bridge Road near Paddock Place 615-356-8360 or 800-825-5244, these are another type of stores we always try to visit whenever traveling. Stores especially for tall or big men, who have difficulty finding clothing for fit well. Its nice to be able to go and find something off the rack which you like but is not too short in slacks, or not long enough in shirts. Famous designers and custom tailoring for sizes XX large, tall whatever you need. We are both over six feet, I am 6´4 my partner is 6´6 with a 46" inseam so finding nice dress slacks and suites can be a problem. So I found some special things for holidays, etc. slacks in nice greys and blacks, stylish shirts and ties. Prices are what you would pay for other things of the quality generally. Casual slacks of nice grade around 50,00 and above, suits (the kind we like) began at 200,00. This is not a tip everyone would need, of course, but it is important for us when we travel and are doing some clothing shopping. Leather jackets that fit, oh gods, I loved this store also, wish I could have bought more!!! Visit there website also, they might ship internationally who knows, www. menof.com Prices can be slightly more expensive than at an average men´s clothing store because they have to add more fabric I guess! :o)

how 'bout somethin fried?

by hersheybar about Uncle Bud's Catfish

.....I stopped here following a rather active morning of mountain biking at a place close by called Hamilton Creek. I believe the official name of the resturant is Uncle Bud's Catfish, Chicken and Such. Well, that caught my eye so I had to try it out and it was enjoyeable.
Initially they bring you hush puppies and dishes of white beans and cole slaw and that's even before you figure out what you want off the menue.
I picked the allegator tail and frog legs basically because you can't get them where I live! I was not disappointed.
The iced teas were tall...served in a quart canning jar! gator tails!

Drive Thru BBQ? Yes Please!

by TravellerMel about Bar-B-Cutie

Couldn't miss the adorable logo sign (cowgirl in daisy dukes), and was in the mood for BBQ, so I drove thru. So glad I did - it was wonderful! For under $10, I got a smoked pork platter - complete with bread and 2 sides. I got the cornbread (fried flat like a pancake), BBQ beans, and cornbread dressing. I love that they give you the sauce separately, but LOTS of it - I got three pots of the sauce and used 2.5 of them! The pork was juicy and tasty, and totally satisfied my craving. Next time, I will have to try the cole slaw... Mew favorite thing is to get the small pork sandwich combo, which comes with one side. I get the baked potato (loaded without sour cream). Then I take the meat from the sandwich and dump it on top of the potato. Tons of mild sauce on top - OMG so yummy! And if you get this combo on Mon-Tues-Wed, it comes to under $5 INCLUDING TAX! You cannot beat that deal!

World's Largest Adult Bookstore

by Metacognizant

The largest bookstore in the USA is situated off of highway TH I-40 in Nashville. On an exterior wall of the store there is a large, neon arrow pointing towards the store itself, visible from the highway. I'm not sure if the store is ranked largest in terms of floorspace or inventory, probably the latter. I came across a video entitled "Every girl wants two dicks." What can I say? It's true.

Comments