Daisy Hill Bed and Breakfast

2816 Blair Blvd., Nashville, Tennessee, 37212, United States
Daisy Hill Bed and Breakfast
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Nashville

tootsies orchid loungetootsies orchid lounge

Loon at Radnor LakeLoon at Radnor Lake

Ryman Theater, Nashville, TNRyman Theater, Nashville, TN

The Country Music Hall of Fame and MuseumThe Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

Friend Moving to Nashville - tips?

by zekat

Hi - I've been reading through the forum & taking notes. I've learned this - don't move to Lafayette. Bellevue, Brentwood & Franklin are ok. Avoid Dickerson Road & Trinity Lane.

My friend does not make a lot of $. It is quiet possible that we will be looking at Rooms for Rent instead of apartments. We will be spending a few days in Nashville next week in order to get a "feel" for the area & where to look for places to live.

Can anyone give me more concrete "rules". I mean like South of town is good/bad - North is good/bad? What about right around Vandy campus? She's in her 20's - do you think there would be cheap aparments there and would they be safe?

Any input would be helpful -- to give you an idea of her income, she is a bank teller & will be transferring w/in her company. She has very little debt so that helps, but I wouldn't think she could afford more than $400.00/month.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Friend Moving to Nashville - tips?

by smokingpoetry

west nashville next to the vandy campus is nice-but pretty expensive. East nashville will be cheaper but you need to be careful where you're staying. $400.00 p/ month won't get much as far as an apt in a decent area-I'd look for a room in a house to rent in West Nashville myself (especially West End Ave if you're in to the music scene).

Re: Re: Friend Moving to Nashville - tips?

by wasabigirl

I agree. $400 a month won't get you much in the nicer areas. The Vandy/West End area is a great place to live and very central to everything you need. Coincidentally, my fiance and I are moving out of our apartment and need someone to take over the rent. Are you looking to share an apartment with her? If you are, this one would be affordable and is a wonderful value. Email me if you'd like more info.

Travel Tips for Nashville

franklin

by doug48

franklin tennessee is located 20 miles south of nashville on I-65. this charming town has much to offer the tourist visiting the nashville area. franklin has a beautiful town square with a number of shops, restaurants, and bars. franklin has scores of beautiful antebellum homes for those interested in southern architecture. for the student of civil war history franklin has a number of well preserved civil war battle sites. when in the nashville area i highly recommend visiting franklin. see my frankln page for more information.

Asian Restaurants

by grishaV1 about Three That I Liked

Dragon Garden at 2817 West End 615-329-2019, basicallz 10,30am til 10,30pm Mon-Thurs, and til 11,30am on Friday and Saturday. Prices are really cheap, ambout 3,95 to 4,25 for lunch specials 10,30am-3,00pm daily. Dinner prices up to 9,95 for seafood chef´s special depending on amount ordered. Its a smaller take-out/delivery place run by a family. Very popular with the university students. (Delivery/Carry out)

Golden Coast Restaurant at 1722 West End, 615-321-8882, has buffet, but buffet is only Sat and Sun I believe that one is 8,35 per person. Its great, on it there is crab legs, steamed and fried fish, squid, lobster...If you like seafood, its perfect! Prices overall for other menu items are about a dollar more than Dragon Garden, but quality was better. I had the Mongolian Beef Szechuan style, very spicy. It was absolutely delicious. They were very nice people too, Yun Feng and Annie Yeh, I lost my keys somewhere along the avenue and they were very helpful to find them with me. It was late afternoon and they weren´t busy, so it helped me a lot!! (Carry out or dine in)

P.F. Chang´s China Bistro is more expensive, more eclectic, a fashionable place, and the choice I would make if going out to a nice evening with special friends or visitors. They have two locations in Nashville, at Cool Springs Blvd, then the one we went to at 2525 West End 615-329-8901. Their special claim to fame is they cater specially to athletes as well. A special section of the menu is combinations of ingredients fresh fish, chicken, beef, seafoods that endurance training really needs to be healthy. Nutritional values are displayed. Prices reflect!! Most dinner menu items are 10,95 and up. My favorite items were the specialty teas like Citrus Spice, White Tangerine and Sweet Giner Peach. Even though Nashville was really hot, above 35°C most days, the restaurant inside was cool enough to have tea. (carry out and dine in) Chinese Restaurants. Whenever I am traveling, or well anytime, I like Asian foods, Korean especially or Japanese, but Chinese will do as long as its spicy Szechuan, my favorite. However! Not any slight to the Asian peoples, but its very important to me to be certain of the cleanliness, and quality of the ingredients (been sick before!). If its looks a "shady" place, I give it a pass. Three I found that I liked very much with moderate prices, having gone in and spoken with the owner and/or chefs, had a look over the kitchens if I could, and felt satisfy I was not taking my life into someone elses hand.

Very Popular and Favorite: Demo´s

by grishaV1 about Demo´s Steak and Spaghetti House

American Restaurants. Ok, not my first choice if I have one going out to eat. I just prefer Asian, Italian or maybe Spanish over this. Of course, at home we usually have Russian or German dishes for majority, so when I get out I like something really different I don´t usually cook at home.

First place my mother wants to go was:
Demo´s Steak and Spaghetti House which is downtown Nashville, its very near Printer´s Alley just off Broadway. It´s basically an American restaurant which dishes is influenced by other cultures then modified. Ok, I chose not to eat here though I waited through dinner with our other friends, because I had really a taste (again!) for Asian, not American. So prices were ok most meals btween 5,95 and 12,95, higher for seafood and steak of course.

The staff was extremely friendly and check on you often to make sure you are enjoying yourself. My mother had the ribeye steak sandwich with spaghetti marinara and salad on the side. She says its the best absolutely. Other choices at our table was the seafood fettucine, roasted chicken and rice soup, toasted bread with parmesan, and blackened chicken stuff potato. Everyone was very pleased with the meal. I only had the iced tea, but it was quite good. How good is this place and service? My mother gave the waiter a 10,00 tip. I almost fell from my chair with shock. www.demosrestaurants.com Didn´t eat there, just sat with friends as I said, but had ice tea, it was good. It always comes unsweetened, and at the table you had sugar water to your taste.

The General Jackson

by HotRodEtte

A leisure cruise through downtown Nashville, the General Jackson ride is highly recommended. Not sure of the full price, as we had discounted tickets due to a relative in the music business. The cruise included dinner and cocktails, along with music provided by a local band, as well as a dancing and singing show inside the theater on the main deck, all the while cruising up and down the river and taking in the sights of downtown Nashville, all lit up at night. This cruise was approximately 4 hours long. A staff photographer is there to take photos as you board the ship, and sold for about $12.

Centennial Park and the Parthenon

by Ewingjr98

Centennial Park is a 132 acre park that was originally developed as the state fair grounds. For the Tennessee Centennial and International Exposition in 1897, the grounds were developed with various buildings for state and country pavilions. Nashville's pavillion for the fair was a temporary replica of the Greek Parthenon. The temporary Parthenon was reconstructed from 1920 to 1931, and it still stands today as an art gallery. This is the world's only full-size replica of the Parthenon, and its 42-foot tall statue of Athena is the largest indoor statue in the world. The man-made Lake Watauga was also created for the fair and still exists today next to the Parthenon.

Today the Parthenon is the city of Nashville's largest art gallery.

Centennial Park is located on the west side of Nashville. The Parthenon is visible from many point within the park. Entrance to the park is free, and the Parthenon costs $6 for adults.

Comments