Days Inn Nashville Opryland North

Mike Snyder at the Grand Ole OpryMike Snyder at the Grand Ole Opry

The Pancake PantryThe Pancake Pantry

Tennessee Bicentennial WalkTennessee Bicentennial Walk

84th Opry Birthday Bash84th Opry Birthday Bash

Small towns in the Nashville area

by Eeya22

I recently moved to Nashville and am interested in exploring the surrounding area. I am not familiar with the smaller towns surrounding Nashville, and would like to find a small Bed & Breakfast kind of town in the area (either as a weekend escape or potential place to buy a home). I love quaint small towns (galleries, antique shops, small town festivals, friendly neighbors). I came across Leipers Fork, which fit this description pretty well. Franklin also seems pleasant, but seems to be targeting a more wealthy crowd. Can anyone suggest any other places in the area that would be worth visiting?

RE: Small towns in the Nashville area

by riverrh

Hi,
I saw your post and wanted to tell you about my hostel. It is in Charlotte, TN
in Dickson County, an hour from Nashville. I would suggest you check out
Dickson, cute downtown with shops and tea rooms, and antiques. There is a bed and breakfast there as well. Clarksville is a bigger town but they have great antiques stores there. Ashland City is a very cute lil town, not too many antiques there. And if you want to stay with me it is 18.00 a night per person, I have four beds to let. I am located on the Cumberland River with great views.
Very close to Historic Collinsville with period building and costumed guides
1800's buildings. There are a lot of cute lil towns, check out Waverly, Erin,
Springfield, and Centerville.

Travel Tips for Nashville

Take a day hike around Radnor Lake

by Bunsch

We had a few hours to kill between our wonderful lunch and flight, so we coaxed my niece to drive us out to a place where we could work off a few calories and enjoy some scenery. She opted for Radnor Lake, which has a variety of interesting trails. We simply ambled around the lake's circumference, but in the process we got to see deer coming down to wade in the boggy surrounds, and a large variety of birds and small woodland critters. It was great to stretch our legs, but I could see there was plenty more to explore (including a waterfall, apparently, although it was too far for us to venture).

Park: 6:00 a.m. to Dark
Visitors Center: daily
Sunday-Monday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

live music

by doug48 about whiskey bent saloon

the whiskey bent saloon is located on broadway in the broadway entertainment district. whiskey bent saloon is a small bar which offers country and western music. a fun place to drink and listen to music in downtown nashville. casual.

Fondue!

by travelteacher about The Melting Pot

Although The Melting Pot is a Chain, this is the best one I have visited. (The restaurant did just undergo extensive remodeling, and I haven't seen the reveal yet.) They have an extensive wine list that isn't too outrageously priced. I have tried all of the cheese fondues, and the fiesta is the best. They prepare the fondure at your table so you are able to choose what you want/don't want in it. Since I am vegetarian, I have never had any of the entrees.

Cute Place for Lunch or Brunch

by TravellerMel about Copper Kettle

Cute place to have a casual lunch in Downtown Nashville. SoBro (south of Broadway), but easy to get to - teeny tiny parking lot, but ample street parking in the close vicinity. Inside is a clean, comfortable, and casual restaurant - order at the counter and bring it to your own table. I enjoyed my lunch and would go back again in a minute! They offer daily specials for meat-and-three, as well as a variety of sandwiches, salads, and desserts. I had the meatloaf with green bean casserole and corn, with corn bread and a drink was ~$8.00.

RCA Studio B

by mightywease

RCA Studio B was built in 1957 and run as a studio until 1977. During that time it played host to a number of recording artists including Dolly Parton, the Everley Brothers, Roy Orbison, Jim Reeves and Elvis Presley. Known as "The Home of 1000 Hits" songs such as "Jolene", "Only the Lonely" and "Are You Lonesome Tonight" were recorded there.
Now it is a museum run by The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
The equipment in the studios and mixing booth are as they would have been when the studio was in use.
It is not so much what is in the studio that makes the tour, although seeing how recordings were made before the age of seperate studios, mutlti-tracks etc.. is interesting, but the guides who are full of information, trivia, stories, personal experience etc.. They bring the studio alive so that as you listen to Elvis or Dolly singing you can feel that you are there with them.
Tours are arranged by and start from the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum.

Comments