Doubletree Hotel Nashville

DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 113% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Do Not Recommend

While the Doubletree location is preferred since it is close to downtown, the rudeness of the staff will always direct me elsewhere. I travel to Nashville often and Doubletree is the most convenient for me, but I will always chose another hotel, even if I must travel 20 miles! I stayed at the Double tree hotel 2 years ago, and am still haunted by the rudeness of the staff and the hassle of getting the room that I needed and reserved. I work in an industry that does several meetings at various parts of the country, and because of the treatment that I received that weekend 2 years ago, I refuse to put any of my staff and/or co-workers in a Doubletree hotel. Alot of business/money could have been made by my company... if only they had trained their staff properly.
    What happened to me can happen to anyone... we had to leave in the middle of the night because the staff gave our room away (although I checked in at 12:00 noon, advised the room was not ready and to come back. We continued with our plans for the evening, came back at 11:30 pm expecting to go to bed...wa la! they gave my room away! then acted as though it was my fault. Obviously, we did not stay the night AND ....The Doubletree actually charged me nonrefundable for a room that I did not stay in! I called the manager when I returned home and she gave some spill about nonrefundable etc. Still to this day do not understand how they had the right to bill a room that I did not stay in when they gave my room away.....

Unique Quality: n/a

Directions: Downtown

• doug48's Profile Photo

near the capitol

the nashville doubletree hotel is an excellent business class hotel located near the capitol. the doubletree offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this better business class chain. for the business traveler to nashville the doubletree has an excellent downtown location.

Directions: near the capitol, downtown.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Doubletree Hotel

I usually stay at the Doubletree whenever I am in Nashville because I really like the convienience of its downtown location. It's around the corner from Printer's Alley and about a 7 minute walk to the restaurants and shops on 2nd Avenue. They have an indoor parking lot for about $15 a day that is manned by valets and you can easily reach any part of Nashville from the hotel. Upon arrival you get hot, fresh chocolate chip cookies (yummy!) and there is an indoor pool of good size. I prefer staying up on one of the higher floors because you're more likely to get a good view of the cityline from up there.

More about Doubletree Hotel Nashville

Inconsistent and overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member ziblets_2004

We stayed here while on a road trip vacation to Tennessee. We checked in later in the evening and the desk staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us our hot cookies and sent us up to our rooms. When we got to the room, it was not what we had booked - my husband went back to the desk and we were switched to another room easily. It was three floors away from our friends, but no big deal.
When we got to our second room it was all the way at the end of a seemingly deserted floor. We threw our suitcases in and went out for dinner. The desk staff again was very helpful with providing us information and even handed out index-size papers of directions to where we wanted to go. When we returned from dinner, I got a better look at our room.
It really looked as though this room was used as a hangout. Some furniture was missing and there was a very stale smell in the room. The marble sink looked as though someone had taken a sledgehammer to it and the shower did not look clean. Frankly I was too tired after our long trip to complain, I just wanted to go to sleep.
The next morning we were headed off to see other sights in Nashville and asked the front desk for more of those paper directions, but the staff had no idea what we were talking about. They pointed us to the rack of tourism flyers. When we returned from our day in Nashville the sign on their parking deck still said "Parking Full Valet Only" as it had both the night before and in the morning, but it was a Sunday, the streets empty, and clearly plenty of parking everywhere. My guess is they wanted us to pay extra for the valet service.
When we returned to our room the door had not been pulled fully shut and was not locked. (Nothing was missing.) Then, as I was gathering my things from the "closet," the louvered door fell off its hinge on top of me. We did not receive any amenities while there other than three bottles of hand lotion. There was no shampoo or coffee, but there was a coffee maker and a cup.
Our friends who did not have to switch rooms had a beautiful room, everything was sparkling clean and stocked with amenities. They received a free newspaper in the morning as well.
I would rate this hotel for our friends, a 4 star, us, a 2. We stayed at a Best Western motel in Kentucky a few days later and it was a better stay. If I had stayed here longer (and if my room had been locked after being cleaned) I would have asked for another room.
This hotel provided a comfortable bed and a quiet place to sleep. I just felt that for the price it should have been nicer with more consistent service and amenities.

Beware

Our stay at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Nashville, Tn. was terrible. The staff was not very helpful. They had a large convention crowd and I think they were overwelmed. There was also renovation going on. We had been assured when making the reservation over a month ago that we would get ajoining rooms on lower floors, but not the case. We were on the 7th floor and our friends on the 5th. They did put us on the 5th floor but at complete opposite ends from our friends. We had no towels when getting ready to bath, and when I called the front desk, they wanted me to come get the towels. I did not and they sent some up. When my husband got ready for his bath, there was no hot water. Our friends spent a sleepless night because of all the noise from the fridge in the room and in the hallway. It was very cold with snow and the large window in our room leaked cold air very badly. They also expect you to pay to park. We'll never stay here again.

Unclean, Tired and Clueless

I arrived to find the room not ready despite it being after check in time. When I got to my room, I found it smelled and something very bad had happened on the carpeting sometime since it had been installed 10 years ago. The furnishings were quite dated and tired. There was a used bar of soap still in the shower. My room had no trashcan or alarm clock. Despite 2 calls to the front desk and one to the sales department, neither ever came.

The pool and gym are closed for renovation. A day before I arrived, the sales department told me the hotel had an arrangement with the YMCA. When I tried to get a pass from the front desk I was told "We're not doing that anymore, too many people are using them."

When you ask someone at the front desk a question they find hard to answer like "Why has nobody cleaned my room in 3 days?" They disappear to some back area and don't return leaving you to fume at the front desk.

It's one thing to have a hotel that is tired. It's quite another thing to have it staffed by people who seem to have given up.

This hotel cannot deliver basic services.

Horrible Experiance

About a year ago I took a chance on priceline by bidding on a so-called 3 star hotel in Nashville downtown. I named my price $65 I think, and this Hotel accepted my bid. They gave us the most crappiest room I had ever seen. I've stayed in better motel 6 rooms! The furniture was old and stained. The room was across the hall from an in-house church with lots of men hanging outside on chairs. There were no towels and we called the front desk several times for service, they were unresponsive until my traveling companion raised his voice and made the girl at the desk cry. The manager came to our room (along with a security guard) and was rude as can be to us. He basically told us "what do you expect for $65". My friend got right back in his face about the horrible conditions and treatment and the manager basically offered us our money back. He actually paid us back out of his own pocket (tax included!) We checked ourselves right out of that hellhole and proceeded over to the Comfort Inn on Music Row and stayed there for the same price with alot better room conditions. This Hotel is just AWFUL and the people that work there hide from confrontation and take no responsibility (unless you make them cry then they might send the night manager!) BEWARE!!!

Don't stay here!!!

I would strongly advise anyone considering this hotel to cancel. I was flat out lied to about rennovations not affecting the pool only to find it closed when I arrived with 3 very disappointed children. I then was told I had to park 3 blocks down in a public lot also because of rennovations and that my Jeep Liberty wouldn't fit in the hotel garage with my roof rack. In the morning, I went to make a pot of coffee to find that there wasn't any... just tea. I found the maid and asked for coffee. Her reply was a short and rude "you'll get it when I make up your room". I couldn't believe I was being spoken to like that. The neighborhood wasn't safe and the staff was unfriendly. Rooms were large but bland. Nothing good to say at all.

Look Elsewhere

Arrived late in evening with guaranteed reservation. Was told that a room might night be avaialable. Ended up with smoking room when a non-smoking was requested. Night clerk couldn't care less. Hotel was dirty. Parking garage confusing. Clerk did dicount room from $199 to $149. Still overpriced. Was worth about $70 tops. The bed was comfortable though.

July 23, 2004

Big disappointment! We stayed here in July 2004. The service was terrible. The staff would smile and nod, but never did anything to actually help us. The bed linens were not changed from previous guests. For the price, Nashville has some GREAT hotels, this is not one of them. Stay elsewhere.

Comments