Drury Inn and Suites Nashville Airport

555 Donelson Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214, United States
Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

More about Drury Inn and Suites Nashville Airport

I don't understand all the complaints--we had a great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member monkeytoz

We just got back from a two night stay at the Drury Inn Nashville. My husband and myself, along with our 3 children (10, 7, & 5) and our mothers (7 people) stayed in two rooms. We found the rooms to be ample space for us. Although the rooms were not adjoining, they were right next to each other.

The only downside to this hotel is that Drury Inns usually have Queen sized rooms, this one has double beds. Other than that, everything was great! Clean rooms, nice indoor/outdoor pool and an awesome breakfast. Biscuits and Gravy, scrambled eggs, homemade waffels, sausage, etc. The breakfast staff was friendly and attentive. The evening reception was nice too--chips and salsa or cheese, party mix, potato chips, and all the soft drinks you can drink! My children loved their stay and so did we.

Alright stay

by TripAdvisor Member safety86

I found this hotel to be clean and had no problems during my stay. The hotel was busy too. I had a two room suite which includes a windowless bedroom and a smaller sitting area with a window and then the bathroom. The bed slept good and I couldn't hear any outside noise. The breakfast was the usual Drury breakfast which was ok. My only problem was traffic trying to get into and out of the hotel. Donelson Pike is quite busy as it is very near the airport.

Hmmhh.....

by TripAdvisor Member SpeakUp

I've never had any complaints about the Drury Inn, until my most recent stay.There are definitely some pros and cons to share. My boyfriend and I stayed here during the holidays. We stayed in the Two Room Oversized Suite. It's so spacious! Definitely a plus! There is a HUGE window in the living room area and a smaller one in the bedroom. The breakfast was nice but got overcrowded both mornings. Let me add, that It is a pet friendly hotel. I had read about it on another review written here but I was reminded of it while in the bedroom area of our suite. Something caught my eye behind the recliner and I wasn't sure of what it was, so I asked my boyfriend to come take a look because I was afraid it was what I thought it was. To our dismay it was old dog poop! I'm sure you're speachless. We were too. Also, at 9am after a twenty minute trip downstairs for breakfast, we re-entered our room to find that housekeeping had come in quickly made up the bed and gave us fresh towels. Thats it! Needless to say our problems were all with housekeeping.

It's a Drury

by TripAdvisor Member rodbev

We checked out of Springhill Suites right behind Drury and moved here. The room was clean and the breakfast was great! Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9:00 in the morning. We were barely out of bed. We sent them on their way. Other than that, it was way better than Springhill Suites.

Amenities were a great perk

by TripAdvisor Member missdjv

We had stayed at the hampton just a week prior, and the kids had noticed the indoor/outdoor pool from that room and begged me to try the Drury next time. I went on the website and got a great price, twenty dollars cheaper than the hampton!. For the most part, i was very pleased. We booked a suite on the 6th floor, and it was right next to the elevator and a small lobby area where the children could sit and watch the planes begin to land from the airport. Check-in was painless, and they were very kind. The hotel offers one hour of free long distance. The suite itself was smaller than at the hampton but my four children still loved it, had plenty of room. It was spotless also.
The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful too. I had to beg the kiddos to go back to their room after 2 hours!
More perks were the free popcorn and drinks beginning at 3pm, the managers reception starts at 530, and the best hot breakfast I have ever had at a motel chain. Eggs, Sausage, French toast, biscuits and gravy... to name a few of the items.
Check-out was at 11am, but we had forgotten about daylight savings time and asked for an extra hour, to which it was given at no charge. The staff were so friendly and made us feel like they cared if we had an enjoyable stay. Some places we have been at see me and the kids and cringe as if there is going to be trouble. I had none of that at the drury.
Truthfully, i believe the beds were more comfortable at the hampton, but the kids loved the Drury and never want to go anywhere else on our trips to nashville.

Don't stay anywhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member balen08

This hotel was fantastic! From the friendly and efficient staff upon check in to the amazing happy hour and breakfast! The rooms were extremely clean. The pool was well kept and safe. I was impressed with the gentleman who checked us in on March 30th PM. There was a line to check in (since the hotel was booked), HE remained calm and kind under pressure. He went above the call of duty. When in Nashville, we will stay no where else!

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelswith2dogs

We stayed with our 2 dogs in the hotel and found it to be really nice for a dog friendly hotel. There was a nice area outside to walk the dogs.

The rooms were clean.

Our room was close to the stairwell and the door slammed shut everytime it was opened prompting a barking fit from the dogs. I called the front desk and they immediately sent up a maintenance man to adjust the door. The problem was resolved very quickly.

I would not recommend the Steak Out restaurant the front desk recommended because they deliver. The steak was well done and extremely salty.

Very happy with this Drury Inn

by TripAdvisor Member coliseum

I stayed here with my son during a trip to visit some friends. First of all, I love that this is a pet-friendly chain and we saw lots of dogs. That being said, the place was immaculate. If I didn't see the dogs I wouldn't have known they were there. The lobby and breakfast area were very clean and pretty. It seems that they attract very responsible pet owners based on what I saw during my stay.

The front desk was very efficient, friendly, and welcoming. One of our friends ending up booking an extra hotel room at the last minute with her newly adopted kitten and was given a great promotional rate. We were both checked-in in less than 5 minutes tops.

Our room (standard king bed size) was very spacious and clean and smelled great. The bathrooms are exceptional and better than other hotels where I have stayed. The pools were very clean and the free evening soft drinks were a nice treat. Another extra perk here is the gated parking lot for guests.

The free breakfast was very good. The staff was constantly checking things and restocking as well as cleaning all surfaces and tables. All the employees seemed to have a good attitude. Last, this hotel is right by the airport and so very convenient if you're flying.

Loving The Drury Despite Couch Not So Comfy

by TripAdvisor Member andrew11

My family had stayed at a very new Drury Inn and Suites in Birmingham, Alabama earlier this year and loved it. This Drury has many of the same outstanding positives:

* Suite is large and roomy
* Free Popcorn was very tasty.
* Though I didn't use it, one hour of free long distance is very nice.
* Easy and friendly check in.
* I really liked the gated parking lot. Some might not like the trouble of getting the key out every time they go in and out but I liked the security.
* The pool was great. Pool is split into indoor/outdoor. My son really enjoyed it.
* We play youth travel baseball at Donelson Sportsplex and also in Antioch and the Drury is pretty handy to both ball parks.
* Though we don't use it, the airport is very close and the shuttle is probably nice.
* Some decent restaurants are fairly close and a drive of 5 or 6 miles or so really brings in some great choices.
* Hotel was clean.
* Very, very good free breakfast.

Now for the only negatives:

* The furniture (the couch, recliner, and chair) in the living area of the suite is quite uncomfortable. I'm not asking for my couch at home, however a little give in the material would be nice instead of being pitched back out into the floor.
* Bed was not the most comfortable either however it was acceptable. (The Springhill Suites near the Drury has much more comfortable beds but not even close to the immenities.)

Hey, my family really likes the Drury. I might try the Marriott or something else the next time in town, but I doubt it. I don't think you can go wrong staying here.

Comments