Fiddlers Inn

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

~Great Price~

We had quite the adventure in trying to find a hotel close to the Interstate 40 driving a 24 Ft moving truck and towing a car. Not having much luck, I remember this place from the show Hotel Impossible. I remembered it was revamped and was right across the street of Grand Ole Opry. Plus, it had a huge parking lot to accomodate trucks and RV's. Also, the Cracker Barrel Restaurant is right next door.

The folks were helpful and friendly. They made sure the room they assigned us was in view of our truck. They said not too worry about the area too. Our room was clean and comfortable. I am not crazy about having our door accessible to the outside, but the locks on the door were great and the window was very secure too. After the Grand Ole Opry show the gal that picked us up afte the show, said they had a driver that could take us downtown. We passed because we were really tired. We slept well that night.

They provided a free breakfast and that was another floor, just ask the front desk and they have a gift shop and business computer to check your mail.

Hotel Features
    - Smoking and Non-smoking rooms
    - ADA accessible Rooms available
    - Pet Friendly Rooms Available

• The Fiddler Broke a String

This hotel needs some rehab. I can see where it would have been a decent alternative in say 1985? 75? The room had an overwhelming odor of smoke, no microwave, fridge, or internet unless you paid more. The bed was aweful. I was in the "lower section" ... the music from a nearby bar was too loud. There was a constant sound of running water. O tried to change rooms three times. On the second night someone kept trying to get in my room with a key card. It worked the only thing keeping them out was the security bar. The front desk would not issue a new key and said to keep the door locked. I was attending a conference at the Opryland Hotel. I kept my valuable items with me. The shuttle ran at odd times so I walked to the convention center. When I did call for a pick up I wad told it wad too late. It was 730. When I asked to change rooms after a second attempted entry. They refused. Not because they were full mind you, they just refused. When I then wanted to check out and get a refund they again refused citing a cancellation policy. I left but due to the multiple holds on my card due to an error at check in I ended up spending the night in my car. My car was an improvement. Unkempt, run down, and just poor service and practice. Don't stay here, don't even stop. Just drive on by.

More about Nashville

Nashville TPAC Art-o-MatNashville TPAC Art-o-Mat

ryman auditoriumryman auditorium

Copper KettleCopper Kettle

Broadway Street in NashvilleBroadway Street in Nashville

best breakfast in Nashville?

by 2giants

We will be arriving on a red EYE on Friday Morning, and won't be able to check into our hotel right away, and don't have to meet the rest of our group until dinner time.
Any suggestions for quirky restaurants for breakfast and lunch? We are staying in the west end, near Vanderbilt, but will have a car.
Thanks for your thoughts!

by yvr

Hit a waffle house for breakfast, good waffles, and great prices.

by horsinround2

Personally, I can't stand Waffle House. It's just a chain & not any better than Denny's or I-Hop. If you're looking for family owned good food in the Vanderbilt area, I would go with the Pancake Pantry.

Another good option (for breakfast, lunch, or dinner), but a bit of a drive, would be the Loveless Cafe located on Hwy 100 near the Nachez Trace Parkway. Again, not a chain. The Loveless used to be a roadside hotel & is well known for its home cookin'. The Loveless' "biscuit lady" has been on Oprah, Leno, The Today Show, and other major television shows (yes, the biscuits & jam are THAT good!). Sadly, Carol Faye Ellison (otherwise affectionately known as, "the Biscuit Lady") will not be there to make your biscuits - she died on April 4th, 2010. After hearing the news, many Nashvillians immediately asked, "She DID give the recipe to someone, didn't she???" Yes, she did. Carol Faye was a wonderfully sunny happy person with an infectious laugh, an excellent cook & baker, and Nashville misses her something awful. Go try her biscuits & jam with your breakfast - your tummy will thank you.

by clokwise

I would recommend the Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village. The line can get a little long if you dont get there at the right time, but it has amazing pancakes. Not just your traditional pancakes, all kinds of stuff you wouldnt have thought of. Its right down the street from Vanderbilt. and just a couple blocks over from West End.
Id check that out if you have time.

Travel Tips for Nashville

Expesnive Parking

by terps94

I'm not really sure where to put this info but just remember that parking in downtown can be downright expensive. For like the first few hrs it will cost you an average of $6 to $8 so if you are staying in outlaying hotels outside the city just take the cab into downtown and just start walking. The sights and nightlife are within walking ditance from each other

The Parthenon...
It's an exact...

by sargentjeff

The Parthenon...
It's an exact replica of the Greek temple in Athens, only intact. Inside is the largest indoor sculpture in the United States. The goddess Athena holding Nike, the goddess of Victory. Athena stands 41'10' tall, and Nike is over 6' tall.

I was very impressed by this structure and statue. I have been to Nashville several times before I found out about the place.
As of June 2002 only limited viewing of the statue is available, as she is being Gilded in Gold leaf. Should be finished by October 2002.

Located in Centennial Park downtown.

Kids would enjoy this restaurant!

by johnandlynclarke about Rainforest

The food was ok, the service a little slow, but the draw is the decorations. The entire restaurant is in a jungle theme complete with moving animatronic animals, thunderstorms, and walking mascots. I was surprised at how well little kids tolerated all the noise and movement! The child at the next table was about 2 years old. Her expression upon being greeted by one of the mascots says it all!

A Nashville Landmark (Apparently..)

by mstinawu about The Pancake Pantry

I had heard about the Pancake Pantry in Nashville as "the" breakfast to go so I went in around noon on a Monday not expecting a wait. Apparently the wait on weekends can go up to an hour. I still had to stand in line, but it took < 10 minutes. Yay! Breakfast! Fast! I stuffed myself with a stack of three pancakes, a couple strips of bacon, two eggs, hash browns and washed it down with a cup of coffee. And yes, I will immediately compare every pancake place I eat at to The Original Pancake House. I say The Original Pancake House wins by a teeny tiny smidgen, because their pancakes are a bit fluffier and I like their coffee better. Course my meal at the Pancake Pantry was also a few dollars less than what I pay for the same thing at The Original Pancake House. Breakfast is breakfast. What can I say? Everything I had was equally good--no better no worse than the other items on my plate. Though I will say their cinnamon syrup is unique and went great with my pancakes.

Gardens at the Opry Hotel

by johnandlynclarke

It sounds positively silly but one has to go to the Opry Hotel and Convention Center next to the Opry Mills shopping center. The Hotel is enormous! No, it is actually larger than that! The center of the complex is filled with tropical gardens, a river with a boat ride, dancing waters, waterfalls, several restaurants with el fresco seating, coi ponds, and plenty of places to sit and be awed by the sound and the beauty of it all. The hotel rooms have balconies which over look this entire area. It is magnificent. We overheard several different people who whined that they had stayed in the complex for several days and still could not find their way around. We walked to this complex each morning to enjoy the gardens while we completed our daily miles.

Comments