Gaylord Opryland Hotel

See Amenities
charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Gracious and Grand Gaylord Opryland

by written on June 2, 2014

First impression of this massive property with its 2,881 guest rooms is the inviting environment as we enter the completely redesigned Cascades lobby. Absolutely amazing that after being flooded by the nearby Cumberland River in May 2010, the hotel redesigned and revitalized the Cascades area and reopened in only six months. Utilizing the new VIP check-in, we are warmly welcomed and quickly on our way to our room.

Our Garden View Guest Room has a dash of splendor with a balcony overlooking the Cascades Atrium with its lush garden landscape and sparkling waterfalls. Recently renovated the rooms are tastefully appointed featuring contemporary colors. Our luxurious accommodations include the King bed with plush linens, a comfy chair and ottoman, a work area desk, and the credenza has a handy refrigerator. With modern conveniences of high-definition TV, in-room high-speed wireless Internet access, in-room safe and easy-to-use voicemail.

Gaylord Opryland is a place to create memories to last a lifetime. It has endless opportunities to explore of dining experiences, world-class spa, shopping and of course “country music”. In fact while we didn’t get to visit, the legendary Grand Ole Opry is just a short walk from the hotel. Plus visitors can also enjoy other music venues of Ryman Auditorium and Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville, all part of Gaylord Entertainment. Be sure to plan plenty of time to experience the wanders of Gaylord Opryland and Nashville. We were so busy with activities at the Resort we never made it to Nashville. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make special memories.

Unique Quality: The landmark hotel amazes visitors with its nine acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and even an indoor river. Underneath the climate-controlled signature glass atriums lies an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options for the perfect romantic weekend or family getaway.

Nightmare at Opryland

by written on November 26, 2010

To begin with, as a wheelchair user, the Opryland is NOT the place to stay. Their ADA compliance is negligable at best. Yes, they have handicapped rooms, however, during my stay the majority of assistive doors were non functional, elevators were agravating, no showerchair making the shower unusable to me. Called for service of the doors, and to have a shower chair, none of which came to fruition. Another intersesting point; while there are handicapped assistive doors, many you have to roll through only to find another set of doors that are not assistive.
Be sure when making reservations you KNOW what events are going on there at the current time. Sadly I was there during a BETA convention, and the children were HORRIBLE. They seemed to lack manners, and most of all they seemed to run at will. I would have loved to enjoy photographing the atriums, but after being run over, literally beaten upon the head from unseeing children and frazzeled adults, I decided this was not the place for handicapped people to stay, enjoy, or ever return.
I would think that the staff would have taken better control of this group running rampant through their beautiful atriums.
My last complaint at this time is simply the fact of paying for very high dollar nightly stay only to be charged to park! Get real Gaylord... you charge us nearly 200 a night then another 26 per night for valet or 18 per night for self park?!? Mind you, upon my checkout, I had to track down an attendant after someone was allowed to block my SUV in by illegally parking behind me. Yes my friends, this stay was a NIGHTMARE from the very beginning. Think twice about the Opryland.... nice place to visit the atriums, but frankly, I would rather stay at the super 8 and at least feel I recieved my moneys worth~!

Unique Quality: The atriums are truly spectacular and so well mantained by the staff.

Internet service is truly poor, hardly worth advertising.

SunnyIsle's Profile Photo

The refreshing resort

by written on April 29, 2010

You could get lost- so be prepared for aimless wandering around for a day or two. It is a massive hotel over 2,000 rooms. I was in room D30 and only after much roaming I as able to go between the conference area and the front door. Great ambience with waterfalls and lush vegetation.

Unique Quality: There is an elegant Mall nearby and that makes excellent shopping. Also an Opera House for the entertainment could be explored.

Overpriced Best Western

by written on April 18, 2010

I booked two rooms at this hotel. We were entertaining out of town guests and I wanted them to see this beautiful resort. It was an awful experience. Our rooms were exterior to the parking lot. Busses were loading and unloading all night long. After the busses unloaded the noise was horrible. Rooms were way over priced. I was embarrassed that I took my family to stay at such a high priced dump. Needles to say we were disappointed. Front desk never answered the phone. I would not recommend this hotel. We stay in Nashville at least once a month and this experience was unbelievable. Stick with the Hiton's.

Unique Quality: The waterfalls and gardens.

Directions: Near the airport.

The South's biggest and best hotel!!!!

by written on February 3, 2010

Huge, this place is huge and lovely. Very freindly staff and helpful. Great dining options in and around hotel. Which is one of are favorite things to do when out of town. Try the fare. Our best recomendation we got was from the Grand Ole Opry. We were told of the oldest restaurant Nashville had to offer. It was Woody's Steakhouse. Right around the corner from the hotel. Loved our stay will return.

Unique Quality: The indoor rainforest was awesome.

807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Great place for fun

by written on January 7, 2010

We stayed in the Magnolia Wing which is the older part of the Gaylord Resort. The room was an average size hotel room, but it was clean and had comfy beds. All the lightbulbs worked in the lights and there were plenty of electrical outlets. There is a safe in the room. We had a view of the outdoor fountains and gardens. The bathroom was a good size and there is a second sink outside the bathroom by the closet. There is a hefty charge for parking here, each day. We had paid for everything with our tour so we did not have out of pocket expenses except lunch.

Unique Quality: The pool and spa area is just beautiful. Probably the nicest I've ever enjoyed when traveling. There is a chage to use the spa facilities but not the pool.
Most of the restaurants are situated near water or the conservatories. Our breakfast was included at The Water's Edge Buffet each morning. It is a very attractive area, on the quiet river that runs through the resort. The food was presented very nicely; fresh fruit, pastries, cheeses, meats and an omelette station which was excellent. Coffee was included in the meal.

Nice place to visit, but wish we hadn't stayed!

by written on November 9, 2009

The facility was amazing. Gorgeous grounds. A real WOW factor when you drive up. First problem: self-parking was $18/day! Valet was $25/day. OK ... Then the room. For over $200/night we got a view of the parking lot with a window that didn't open. We were in the elevator lobby area so heard "ding, ding" all night, plus happy people arriving from happy places and deciding which way to go down the hall to their room. First morning: one coffee mug - two people. Hmm ... We used a drinking glass for one person's coffee. While using the little girls' room, very loud noises erupted from the toilet. After a few shocked minutes, realized the toilet on the other side of the wall was being worked on with a plumbing snake! No warning from the front desk. As it was the first day of our vacation, we slept in a bit. The maid actually knocked on our door, "Room Service?" No thank you, not yet! Oh, one washcloth and one hand towel and four bath towels. One bar of soap (you have to move it from the sink to the tub). Not a good first impression.

After breakfast and room was made up, STILL had one washcloth and one handtowel (now clean, thankfully), and four handtowels. They did give us two clean mugs. When we had checked in the night before, our attention was called to the hotel amenities that you are automatically charged $15/day for, which includes two bottles of water per day in your room. Got our first two bottles but the next day they were not replentished. Didn't get another bar of soap or a new bottle of shampoo. So we called the front desk using the button on the phone that says "consider it done!" (no joke) about our lack of washcloths and handtowels. No problem. They would send them right up. They sent up two bellboys with a bag. In the bag were more bathtowels and a handtowel. No washcloths!

The morning we were to check out at 11 am, and, just as the morning before, the mail knocks on the door around 9 am, "Room Service?" No! Goodness! Can't they wait until we check out? As we were checking out (we stayed two nights), I did request our two waters!

We did have a wonderful dinner at the Italian restaurant within the hotel. Perfect ambiance and delicious food. The people at the hotel are extremely nice and sound like they are on top of things, but it is all talk and no action. Something is missing somewhere along the way in the management of this hotel. Either that, or they are cutting costs to pay for the beauty of the grounds.

We have stayed many luxury hotels, and this by far was the most disappointing. We would far rather have stayed in a budget hotel for the service we received at the Opryland Hotel! We recommend you visit the hotel to walk through the grounds and even eat at the Italian restaurant, but do not stay. You will be disappointed.

Not enough

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 27, 2009

The setting is great. The size is enormous, the options are endless. However, the service, room decor, roomservice, etc. is very ordinary in reallity. The rooms are nice however, they do not bring chocolates to you daily and for the $200 nightly pricetag, that has always been an added statement of gratitude for the patronage. In reallity the area is nice, they could just show a little more appreciation for us as the guest.

When you are disoriented, they could have guides show you the way. I was eating and had a couple come by three times in the hour after getting multiple directions and they still had not found where they were looking for. They literally walked in circles to the best of my guess. They were confused and upset. As for me, I found my path and stayed on it. Once my GPS got engaged, it was a lot easier. Just kidding about the GPS, however, it would be nice to have a more accurate direction pointer than a map that says you are here.

Antolin1's Profile Photo

A Great Place to Stay

by written on October 15, 2008

Service was wonderful, all staff was friendly and accommodating- I plan to stay hear on my next visit.

Unique Quality: This landmark hotel is huge, gorgeous, and centrally located next to absolutely everything. While I have no clue how big it actually is, it’s so massive and pretty you don’t even realize you’re in a hotel. There’s a wonderful atrium, indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and a river with its own Delta flatboat. The suites are to die for, very impressive yet homey, much nicer than most luxury hotels. Shopping in the hotel is great for a shopping addict like me and the spa was huge also. However, I was not over impressed with the restaurants in the hotel but the service was excellent. It’s very hard to describe how nice this place is, especially at night outside at the bar with the water flowing.

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Opryland Hotel - Over-rated and expensive

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2008

I stayed here in 2003 for a week for a conference. The rooms were OK - very standard. DO NOT stay in the Cascades area facing the fountains - the sound of running water all night was very loud. Many restaurants inside the hotel, but they were very expensive. I can't complain too much since my company paid for my stay, but I know for my own travel $, I wouldn't stay here.

Unique Quality: Very cool to visit - there is even a boat ride that takes you on a tour of the "Delta". Center island of shops and restaurants is reminiscent of New Orleans French Quarter, complete with performers and musicians at various times. Walking distance to Opry Mills shopping mall.

Directions: Exit Opry Mills Drive off Briley Pwky. Park at the far side of Opry Mills parking lot to save the hotel parking fees.

The Atrium is a must see

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2007

I stayed at this resort for a conference in late December and was pleasantly surprised. The Opryland Hotel is very upscale and not the country ambiance I expected.

Unique Quality: There is a beautiful atrium like a garden of eden in the center of the hotel that many of the rooms look out on. I'd say the garden area is approximately 50 yards long, maybe. You can also see the Opryland stage here.

jdferguson's Profile Photo

The Best Convention Center/Hotel Stay

by written on February 2, 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Opryland Hotel. All of the services and facilities were phenomenal. I would definately recomend staying at this hotel if you were attending conferences there in Nashville. The only complaint I have is regarding the price. This is definately not a budget/family vacation type hotel. You should plan on spending a lot for just the basic rooms.

Unique Quality: My family and I stayed at the hotel for six days without out leaving the enclosed area. All the different hotels are connected through a dome. This includes the food court, convention center and atrium.

BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Everything Under One Roof

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 30, 2006

Most recent stay- Rooms were very nice with good views of the restaurants, walkways, etc.

First stay- Rooms were fairly bland, but you really don't stay there for the rooms, you stay there for the restaurants, etc. that are right outside of the rooms.

Unique Quality: This hotel has absolutely everything... a ton of restaurants, a spa, access to great shopping at the Opryland Center. Best part is that it is all enclosed, but yet doesn't feel like it (the roof that encloses everything is about 15 floors up), so it would be an excellent place to visit in the winter.

opryland hotel

by written on November 6, 2006

I want everyone to know that you should watch out for this hotel they like to advertise that they have these packages that all you need to do is book a 2 night room and theis includes the package. For example the country christmas package. My sister-in-law and myself booked our package according to the web site for a 2 night stay in Dec, we booked in Oct. We found out that on nov 5 we didn't have anything but the room for 2 nights. When talking with the manager we were offered the same package for $900 instead of what we were told that it would be. Then in 2 hours the price went up another $100. So this is a warning if you are planning to visit this hotel for one the packages for christmas I would suggest you stay at another hotel and visit tis one only. Thanks.

ahouse2003's Profile Photo

More than a hotel

by written on June 28, 2006

I have stayed here several times and each time I find something new and interesting about the hotel. You never know what country music star you will run into.

Unique Quality: The hotel has so many attractions you really don't have to leave. There is a garden conservatory with a boat ride, shops and dining, a dancing water fountain show, and occasional art exhibits.

Nearby Gaylord Opryland Hotel

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Nashville Travel Forum

Need advice about Nashville, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Nashville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nashville hotel reviews

Strikes and Spares Family Fun Center
Fleet Street Pub
Nashville Palace
Restaurants
rent a bike for short errands!
Transportation