Hampton Inn Bellevue-Nashville-I-40 West

7815 Coley Davis Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37221, United States
Hampton Inn Bellevue / Nashville-I-40-West
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Nashville

Doing the "tourist dance"Doing the "tourist dance"

Chihuly at CheekwoodChihuly at Cheekwood

Nashville Capitol Farmers MarketNashville Capitol Farmers Market

Gerst HausGerst Haus

Convenient Hotel in Nashville

by sheri1234

I will be traveling with my husband who is handicapped (uses a cane). He can walk, but not like a mile at a time. We are staying in Nashville for five nights. We will be willing to take cabs (if they are available). We plan on spending evenings out to dinner and then to the bars/clubs (prefer hotel in walking distance to clubs). We will spend one day at Opryland and have tickets to the Opry one evening.

I'm looking for a hotel no more than $150 a nite - preferably with a pool.

Any suggestions? Also, how is the cab availability/cost?

Thanks.

Sheri

Convenient Hotel in Nashville

by susiemargare

hi --

i don't have any specific hotels to recommend, but if you want to be within walking distance to clubs, you want to be staying in downtown nashville.

taxis are plentiful, but i don't know anything about rates.

i hope you have a wonderful time! if there is a show on at the ryman auditorium while you are here, you should consider going to it. you can hardly go wrong with the music that gets presented there (this is downtown also).

-- susie margaret

RE: Convenient Hotel in Nashville

by ocicat

If you're in Nashville before 25 Feb, your tickets for the Opry should be at the Ryman (orginal home of the Opry). That will be a treat, if so. Best bet for a hotel will be downtown as that's where the clubs are. Most are quite good.

For some touring, check out the "Nash Trash Tour" which is pure silly fun. http://www.nashtrash.com/index.html

For dinner choices, check out: http://www.nashvillescene.com

RE: Convenient Hotel in Nashville

by whippoorwil

If you haven't gone yet, my suggestion would be the Courtyard by Marriott downtown, although it might be pushing your $150 limit... it's different cost different times of year. It is in a great location. Also the Holiday Inn Express is on the edge of the action downtown and a little less expensive than most. The Red Roof Inn right across the river is a great deal... normally less than $100 and a very short taxi ride. As far as the taxi costs are concerned... they are somewhat expensive.

My favorite place to go there is Bourbon Street Blues in Printer's Alley (if you like blues). I used to go to Nashville to the country bars (Legends, Tootsies, Robert's Western Wear) which I still like but have found that Bourbon Street Blues is my favorite.

For eats... you must eat at Demo's... and I suggest the steak and spaghetti. Best steak and wonderful spaghetti. Also there's a couple of bbq joints downtown near Robert's Western Wear (which is actually a bar by the way). I don't remember which one it is (it's the smaller, less attractive one).... fantastic bbq and awesome cucumber salad.

Other sites I would suggest would be the historical things to do there (like the Hermitage - home of Andrew Jackson, the Belle Meade Mansion), the Bluebird Cafe (songwriters... get there early... it's small, cramped but well worth it if you're a true music lover) and lastly I suggest getting out on Broadway in the late mornings/early afternoon and stopping into the bars. That's when the GOOD music is playing... the bands that aren't getting paid to play. I found that I really liked the music in the bars at 10 a.m. much better than at 10 p.m.

Hope that's helpful. I love Nashville and go frequently.

Travel Tips for Nashville

A Hike for Non-Hikers

by mstinawu

My boyfriend and I had a nice little hike around Radnor Lake after a gorge at Monell's nearby. Boy did we need that hike. There were beautiful yellow and red leaves everywhere--beautiful in Autumn! I recommend this hike for non-hikers or just people with legs! It's a super easy hike with beautiful views. You just need your legs! I didn't have any hiking boots, but you don't really need any. I did the easy loop with my boyfriend in my cowboy boots!

Discount Movie Theatre

by TravellerMel about Carmike Hickory 8

Older, but still comfortable, theatre (no stadium seating) shows second run movies (older than 6-8 weeks). Tickets are priced $1.50 for ALL SHOWS. Go on Tuesday, and the small popcorn and drink are $1 each - you can't beat that price! Shirt and shoes required

Fresh Mex

by Bunsch about Rosario's

Picture a sunny day, not too humid, and a big group of hungry people who need to have fun while sating their appetites. Picture a pleasant terrace, immense bowls of freshly made guacamole, icy Coronas, Margaritas large enough to swim in. (You can picture being indoors if you like. They serve in there, too. But hey, I was there on this sunny day, etc.) Picture a menu which has all the usual favorites, plus some interesting twists. I have a feeling you'll be imagining Rosario's. My niece the vegetarian swears by Eli's Tofu Burrito. I tried the mole chicken enchiladas -- admittedly an acquired taste -- and thought they were excellent

Happy Hour!

by TravellerMel about Flyte World Dining & Wine

Came here with a Meet-up group for happy hour - Skyy Cosmopolitans for $5?? Awesome! Service in the lounge was stellar - once we moved to the restaurant, not so much. I found the prices to be on the expensive side. I ordered an appetizer of pork spring rolls with chili sauce - the sauce was wonderful, but the spring rolls were greasy, and filled with ground pork. That's it. Nothing else. No bok choy, or shredded carrot, or anything I usually associate with spring rolls.

Again, the lounge area was fun and loud, but the restaurant was half-empty but still very loud. You can tell from the menu and decor that Flyte is trying to be a hip, cool upscale restaurant, but absolutely none of it appealed to my personal esthetic. The exposed pipes in the ceiling, the horrid colors - none of it.

Oh well - at least the cosmos were good!

Frist Center for the Visual Arts

by TravellerMel

"The Frist", as it's locally known, is located in the former Art Deco post office building on Broadway. Visually appealing from the outside, it is simply stunning on the inside. The granite and marble high-ceilinged walls are a perfect setting for some of the worlds greatest works of art.

I was there for the Rodin exhibition titled "A Magnificent Obsession" - the center did a wonderful job of putting the sculpures into context for the time during which they were created, and drawing a timeline of the artist's life. There was also a wonderful exhibit re-creating the "lost wax" casting method of bronzing.

After the Rodin's, I walked thru part of the George Eastman House Collection of photography, entitled "The Best of Photography and Film". I will have to return since I ran out of time to view the entire gallery.

I was here for three hours, and was unable to visit several galleries - this museum is a treat to be savored in pieces. It is wonderful to view these wonderful works of art in a casual and friendly setting.

By the way, when you visit, be sure to check out the gift shop. They have some great items at very reasonable prices. I've already started my NEXT years Christmas shopping!

Adult admission: $8.50
Under 18 : FREE
Discounted admission for groups, seniors, military, and students.

Comments