Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville At The University

2330 Elliston Place, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203, United States
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Nashville

View from the balconyView from the balcony

tennessee war memorialtennessee war memorial

Liberty Bell Replica in Nashville, TNLiberty Bell Replica in Nashville, TN

Ghost Ballet, Nashville, TNGhost Ballet, Nashville, TN

Things to do in Nashville

by 04072511

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Nashville for 4 nights/3 days in a few weeks and am looking for advice on what to do when I'm there.

I love music, and its the main reason why I'm visiting Nashville. Can you suggest the best places to go and things to do?

Also can you advise on a good hostel to stay in while there? I want to meet fellow backpackers while I'm there.

Thanks

by karen_mo

Hi
We just spent 4 days in Nashville in February. I would recommend walking downtown to the Honky Tonk bars, such as Tootsie's. You can stroll along the streets and pop in to any bar that takes your fancy. Most of the time we found that there wasn't a cover charge but you tipped the band throughout the evening. We also went to the Friday night radio show at the Grand ole Opry, which was good fun with about 11 performers doing a couple of songs each - it is out of town so you need to find transport. There were a couple of chart toppers performing as well.
As a side trip, we enjoyed the George Dickel whisky distillery tour, which was free and very interesting. (and pretty area to drive through)
Hope this helps, karen

by horsinround2

There is so much to do here in Nashville both related to music and not. It would be impossible to list it all in one response. Your best bet for information is to go to the Nashville Convention & Visitor's Bureau website: http://www.nashvillecvb.com. I do not know of any youth hostels in this area, but the Nashville Convention & Visitor's Bureau would know for sure. Another website you might like for information about upcoming events in Nashville is: http://www.nashvillescene.com. The Nashville Scene is actually a little local newspaper/magazine that is handed out free & is a great way to keep up with what is going on in this town. I have several good tips on things to do and how to get around here in the Nashville area on my Nashville page and I have included phone numbers and websites for you to look up additional information. It would be redundant of me to re-type all of that information here. Since you are into music, I recommend: The Grand Ole' Opry; Country Music Hall of Fame; Ryman Auditorium; RCA Studio B; and all of the downtown honky-tonks at night.

Thank you for coming to visit us! I hope you have a wonderful stay!!!

by cberry

Definitely the Blue Bird cafe. Also good is "the Five Spot" in East Nashville. More touristy honky tonks are along Broadway, downtown.

Check out www.andysvideoride.com for an entertaining way to see these places before you go there. These guys ride their bikes with high def video cameras and will film anything you want. Kind of useful if you are not sure about a hotel or area, or I guess if you just can't wait to see something.

Hope that helps -- cberry

Travel Tips for Nashville

Real Estate in Nashville: Downtown Demands

by grishaV1

This was a note I found interesting about Nashville. Most people know that a lot of celebrities and music stars live in or around the Nashville area. Mostly country stars and blues, its true, but its evolving into more. In the downtown area, lofts are being offered for sale more often now. One sees lots of renovation work going on above the restaurant or store levels. This reminds me more of Europe, where is rare to see an area which is only business district or shops, without having flats or penthouses above them.

These renovated flats and penthouses in Nashville will be extremely in demand I think, because the downtown area is very nice, lots of things going on, lots of colourful restaurants and peoples always. At 231 Fifth Avenue, for example, buildings offering such for rather moderate prices I thought considering what you get (great location of course!) private access elevators, exclusive parking, security, penthouses with courtyards below, specially designed kitchens and bathrooms. Sounds like this will be wonderful. I really like Nashville although I don´t visit as much as one would like, living in Europe, but if I had the cash, would love to have a flat always there for when I´m visiting. Prices are 119,000 to 699,000 at the moment. Should go up, when more people start buying, and more people seeing and wanting. If you´ve looked at my other tips, you´ll see many fotos of the downtown areas, and its very nice.

despite all the 'tourist'...

by Tombanjo

despite all the 'tourist' stuff, nasheville is a living, breathing music city... lots of cool, unknown history has gone down there... willie nelson's house burnt down and all he ran in to save was his guitar and colombian...

Mmmmm Good!!!

by horsinround2 about Pancake Pantry

Excellent pancakes of pretty much any variety you can dream up. Casual, homelike atmosphere & very popular with the locals. If you arrive and there is a line out the door down the street and around the corner... hurry up & get in it! The wait won't be very long & breakfast will definately be worth it.

If you're a country music fan, keep your eyes open. Vince Gill, Kenny Chesney, and more love to eat here. I had sweet potato pancakes with cinamon syrup - my mouth is watering just remembering them!!!

Nice Lunch Buffet

by TravellerMel about Ellendale's Restaurant

Restaurant has an elegant feel, yet the menu and prices are very down to earth. Lunch buffet items change weekly. We went as a group from my office - the service was friendly and fast, and the buffet remained stocked. It was a lovely lunch.

Full bar - live music nightly The sundried tomato & mozzerella fondue was WONDERFUL. I also liked the strawberries and chocolate - the berries were sweet and perfect, and the chocolate was just the right consistency: creamy, not clumpy.

Blue's Does Not Come any Better!

by Bwana_Brown

Broadway has some great little nightspots where you can just wander in as you are, no cover charge, and just sit down with a beer to listen to the talent at work! In our case, four of us tried Robert's Western World, one of the bars that I had been in last time I was in town and, once again, it did not disappoint. This time we sat right up front and listened to Dave Foley and his band as they went though their paces! Every once in a while, a patron or two would jump up from their table and do an impromptu dance for their own enjoyment, and our entertainment! We ended up buying a couple of the band's CDs to take home, but somehow the music is not quite the same without the surrounding atmosphere!!

Comments