121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 94% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Huge Rooms- Easy Access to Everything Downtown

Stayed there on a business trip. Rooms were huge with a King size bed and a sitting room with a desk and a foldout couch. Hotel is right next to everything downtown (all the good bars, LP Field, etc.)

Unique Quality: Easy access to downtown is definitely one of its better qualities.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Our Hotel

This place was amazing. Our stay was great; there were 4 of us on the trip, and we had plenty of room (yes 4 women had plenty of room!). The suite was amazing, as was the hotel. I felt like a star!!!

Unique Quality: Good sized workout room, indoor pool with hot tub. The lobby was what impressed me the most; it was so ornate and lavish. Our room was amazing; we had a suite, with 2 double beds in the master room, along with a pullout couch bed, chairs, coffee table and television. Great sized bathroom as well. The restaurant was high quality as well. Located in the lobby, we had a wonderful buffet breakfast on our day of departure.

Directions: Located directly in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

• travelteacher's Profile Photo

If you can afford it. . .

Although it is expensive, this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever patronized. The staff was exceedingly helpful, and the rooms were great! Ask for a room that faces outside (the higher the better) because the ones on the inside face the atrium lobby.

Unique Quality: Every room is at least a 2-room suite and breakfast is included. The sports bar downstairs pours a generous cocktail.

Directions: Across from Country Music Hall of Fame

More about Hilton Nashville Downtown

great location

by TripAdvisor Member GOLDWING

we have just returned to the UK from a three night stay at the Hilton Nashville. The locaton was excellent as all entertainment areas were within walking distance. The hotel being an all suites appealed to us but we were rather dissappointed at only having a microwave and a fridge. with coffee mugs. To have had a few pieces of crockery and cutlery would have been appreciated especially as there is not a breakfast included in the nightly rate. Views from the room were wonderful. We would not recomend this hotel for families with young children due to the extremely busy entrance which has a high volume of traffic.

A &V Woodall London England

Great Hotel; Great View

by TripAdvisor Member Zabelle

This is a beautiful hotel with great rooms. I certainly had four star treatment all the way.

Yes, they do have room service and it was very fast. I am shocked by the reference to canned fruit because when I ate the buffet it had fresh melons cut up as well as fresh whole oranges, apples and bananas. From room service I asked to have my breakfast potatoes replaced with fruit and I received a bowl of fresh strawberries at no additional charge.

Now if I have a gripe, it would be the price of room service but that is a gripe I have with most hotels. In the final analysis I was willing to pay the price to eat sitting on my sofa watching the morning news.

I can't go without mentioning that when I looked out my window what I saw the Country Music Hall of Fame. This hotel has location, location, location.

Excellent Property

by TripAdvisor Member cober6711

This is our third stay at this hotel. Our room was absolutely perfect, the beds were very comfortable with fresh-smelling linens.

The pool was a little cold last night, but it warmed up to the perfect temp this morning.

The excercise room is open to all ages, (although kids under 14 must be with an adult)

All rooms are suites, and they are priced very well; we paid a 'Bounceback' rate of $132.00 which included a full breakfast for 2. Not bad for a suite, ecpecially because its downtown.

I would strongly urge people to stay here.

Good location, Bad service

We stayed one night the day after Christmas and agee with others that the hotel itself and the rooms are very nice. The room had separate living and sleeping areas with TVs in both. The bed was nice, the room was clean, and was well furnished. The location is terrific. We loved being just steps away from the best of the District. We easily walked up and down Broadway, down 2nd Avenue, and Printer's Alley.

Now for the bad part: The service throughout the hotel was terrible, especially considering how nice this place is. We pulled into the front entrance knowing we did not want valet parking, but didn't know where to go. The valet was very nice until he found out we wanted to park ourselves, then he suddenly became very condescending. The check-in was slow and the girl behind the counter seemed not to care at all. The worst part was the buffet breakfast the next morning. After several minutes of waiting we finally had to ask someone to bring us some coffee, and had to ask each time we wanted a refill; we couldn't seem to ever get anyone to acknowledge us. Not to mention the buffet was not that great... we'd just as soon go out somewhere.
I know these are little picky things to complain about, but these are the things that make a difference. They certainly left a bad taste in our mouths. When we return to Nashville, which will be several times over the next few months, we will not stay at the Hilton again.

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member steelprncs9

When you think Hilton, you think of four-star service. The Hilton in downtown Nashville left a lot to be desired. The decor is great and the rooms are set up very nice. I especially liked the pull-out bed in the couch (although it took some maneuvering in that small space) since we had a traveling companion that we weren't expecting. Buyer beware on that though--if you tell them you have three people in the room instead of two, they will charge you at least 10 dollars extra!
My first complaint surprised even me--the gift shop. I would think that the Hilton of all places would have a very nice gift ship. Instead, I found "Tiffany-Style" and "just like Fendi" knock-off merchandise run by some man who wasn't nice and didn't speak much English. But, for a cold drink or some toiletries, it did the trick.
I agree with the reviews about the parking--it is not clear where you are supposed to park and the valet persons are not helpful. In fact, the guy yelled at me to move because I pulled in and pulled over to help a friend who was meeting us there with directions. The parking price is horrendous as well.
Check-in was slow and unfriendly. I asked the man behind the counter if he could give us an idea of where to go for breakfast and he couldn't come up with anything. Geez, people, you work in the travel and tourist industry, was I really the first person who ever asked this of them?
We lost money multiple times in the vending machines and each time it was a hassle to fill out paperwork to get one dollar back.
Eddie George's restaurant is overpriced and the food is not all it is cracked up to be, although I will say the portion sizes are huge and with the fridge in the room, the leftovers tasted great at 3:00 am!
Our major problem was with a piece of furniture in the room. There is a very nice chair with ottoman that was so comfortable. On the first morning we were there, I was sitting in it with my nightgown on and I went to get up and I sliced open the back of my leg--there was an upholstry pin sticking out of the chair base. I tried to pull it out myself but I could not. I bandaged up my leg, went down to the front desk and let them know. I showed them tmy sliced up leg and aside from saying they would have someone take a look at it, they seemed pretty indifferent. I gimped around downtown Nashville for two more days on that leg and they NEVER came up to our room to fix it. I thought that was totally unacceptable and they should have offered us some kind of compensation.

I will return to Nashville but I won't be staying at the overpriced Hilton again. We had a great time and the convenience of it being so close to Broadway (see picture) and Printer's Alley was wonderful.

Great location and rooms

We took our 3 kids over Easter and stayed at the Gaylord Opryland for the first 2 nights then moved on over to the Hilton to be close to Broadway street, which is right around the block. We were very pleased with the Huge, clean rooms. I have to agree that the service at the Hotel isn't by any means great, but we were pretty much self sufficient. The Breakfast buffet was a total joke and the service in the was Terrible there. We had to get our own silverware, glasses, and there really wasn't much left when we got down there at 9:25am.

Otherewise I would highly recommend staying there as the rooms were beautiful, the roomservice was quick. We even ordered nachos from the bar and picked them up ourselves, awesome choice. I will definately stay at the Hilton Downtown again in the future, we only paid $139 per night, and for the location alone you can't beat it.

Pretty Solid Stay...Would stay here again!!

by TripAdvisor Member DFGA

Stayed here for a convention and was very satisfied. The best attribute was the location. It is a stones throw from the main strip of bars and restaurants that requires no driving at all! Rooms were spacious and very reasonably priced. Service was above par. I had no problems recommending this to my company for our annual sales meeting!

Comments