Hotel Indigo Nashville

301 Union Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37201, United States
Hotel Indigo Nashville
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Nashville

JumpingBOYD sent by TRAVELLERMEL, Nashville, USAJumpingBOYD sent by TRAVELLERMEL, Nashville, USA

Chevy Stage @ CMA Music FestivalChevy Stage @ CMA Music Festival

Tennessee Bicentennial WalkTennessee Bicentennial Walk

SignageSignage

nashville bus stop

by shatty

i am travelling from Lubbock, Texas by air till Nashville and then going to catch a greyhound bus from Nashville bus stop. As per my knowledge there are 2 Greyhound bus stops in Nashville . I just wanted to know which one is nearer to the airport and how to reach there from the air port.

awaiting reply

RE: nashville bus stop

by lovenewyawk

I know there is one 8th avenue south I have used several times. Also greyhound does pick up from the Nashville Airport.

RE: nashville bus stop

by foh2001

I didn't even know there were two stops here. The "main" stop is downtown at the corner of 8th Ave South and Demonbreun St. If you take a cab from the airport, it's a $20 or $25 flat fee and should take about 15 minutes unless it's during rush hour.
-scott

Travel Tips for Nashville

Jack Daniels Old No. 7 Club

by emilienoelle

I'm listing this club as "Off the Beaten Path" because it's a private club and being such I guess the average person can't just waltz in. It is located in the Gaylord Entertainment Complex in downtown Nashville across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame. Incidentally, the Gaylord Entertainment Complex also houses Nashville's NHL hockey team, The Predators, and this club is often used by members of the team, as well as its management and season ticket holders.

I managed to end up here at a private Super Bowl Party during my stay in Nashville and I have to say that it's rather nice, so if you ever have the chance to go, go!

Great food and wine

by terps94 about Bound'ry

My friend suggested this restaurant because of it's extensive wine list and she's right about that. The wine list itself is two pages long so I'm sure you can find one that appeal to your taste. They also have a quite selection of beers from local to imported so drink up.
Even though the palce is a bit pricey it's well worth and if you just want to drink wines or beers this is a good place for you. I order the Sesame Seared Duck Breast - With Asian confit, ginger scallion potato cake, Thai marinated slaw, and grilled vegetable ketchup it was good. My friend ordered the Panella and she said it was wonderful.

We enjoyed several restaurants...

by Nomad_2001

We enjoyed several restaurants and eateries in Nashville. Downtown near Vanderbilt University is a great little deli called Noshville's. I highly recommend this. Also in the area Zola's and Mario's which offer some great pasta dishes. We enjoyed Calhoun's for Bar-b-Que ribs located off of White Bridge Road. We also had a great seafood buffet at the New Orleans Manor near the airport. It is $37/person but well worth it since it is all you can eat with some really great seafood AND deserts.

Our foray into Asian menus, however, was a bust. We tried Goten's Japanese restaurant near Vanderbilt University. While it was ok, it was not spectacular. Similarly, the Thai Orchid, located off of White Bridge Road, served more or less Americanized Thai entrees.

The Grand Ole Opry

by emilienoelle

I was cautiously curious about visiting the Opry; I have to be honest. To be even more honest, if I'd had the chance to do something else on the night I went I may have done that instead. But my night at the Opry was paid for as part of the conference I was attending. It included dinner and an open bar. So needless to say, I went. And you know what? It wasn't really that bad. I mean sure, I can't really stand country music, but it does sound a lot better live than it does on the radio. And the place is an institution that has an important place in American history. And now I can say that I've been there.

The Opry has been around for 80 years and still broadcasts the radio show that made it famous every week. It has been in its current location since the mid-1970's (a surprise to me because I never knew that it HAD more than one location). It's original location in the Ryman Auditorium is located downtown. The Opry still does shows at the Ryman at Christmastime and on special occasions.

OK. Here are the people that I saw the night I was at the Opry. I have NO IDEA who they are or how famous they are. If anyone who reads this knows anything about these people please send me an email. Thanks: Little Jimmy Dickens, Erika Jo, Mike Snider, Dierks Bentley. (This last guy seemed really big with the ladies as they were all rushing the stage and screaming. But I still have no idea who he is.)

The District

by DrewV

There's so much, but really, wandering through the city is my personal favorite. Downtown, known locally as the District has erupted with restaurants, bars, clubs, and shops, all in historic 19th century architecture. I know the Europeans are laughing, but a hundred years is old for us Americans.
The architecture, the vibe. In the summer, every Thursday night, there is a free concert at Riverfront Park, right on the Cumberland river: Dancing in the District. This is Nashville, so there is always one guarantee: the music is TREMENDOUS!

Comments