1808 West End, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203, United States

Rated 12% higher but also costs 63% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Hutton Hotel

Simply Breathtaking!

by TripAdvisor Member Jaye_Coslett

I took my husband to the Hutton Hotel for three nights for his birthday. The pictures on website are beautiful, but when you see it in person - it's simply breathtaking. The lobby is so welcoming and beautiful; the rooms are very contemporary and romantic, and the bathroom was the nicest design I've every seen. We loved the rain head in the shower ! The entire staff was more than gracious and accommodating, too. They couldn't do enough for us. I will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member KellyAtlanta

The Hutton Hotel was a fantastic place to stay. Interesting and pretty decor - not like cookie-cutter decor you see at chain hotels. We didn't realize it was eco-friendly until we got there. You have to insert your key card into a slot that turns the lights on/off so electricity isn't wasted while you're there. The bed was very comfy, although it took up most of the room (being a king size bed). The bathroom was neat - it had an overhead shower and a clear glass/plastic vanity.

It was close enough to downtown for a cheap taxi, but far enough not to be in the thick of it.

The valet is expensive, but worth the extra $5 per day to be waited on.

I wish the hotel had a swimming pool - that would have made it perfect.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LVGrandy

My daughter and I stayed at the Hutton for two nights during a 10-day road trip throughout Kentucky/Tennessee. This hotel was the highlight. The rooms are beautiful, roomy, and clean. The hallways even smell like flowers. At night, your bed is turned down and chocolates are left on your pillow. As others have said, the staff was fantastic and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. And don't pass up a meal at the hotel's restaurant, the 1808 Grille. Outstanding food, and the best waiter ever (Chris)! We've stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria and on this trip, the Peabody in Memphis. Neither hold a candle to the Hutton.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member whitesox17

This Hotel was very beautiful with alot of modern things. Location was great right off the expressway. However the one thing that bothered me was the valet which i guess all hotels do in big cities and they say its free but you have to tip someone which i always do but a few times when i tipped i saw the valet's laughing about my tip which i thought i gave a pretty good amount.

The devil is in the details

by TripAdvisor Member LJoy

Nashville definitely needs a new upscale hotel, and this has the potential to be it. The main points of the Hutton are good. The bed is great, there is a nice sized flat screen TV, a good sized bathroom with walk-in shower (no bathtubs, though). Each floor on the hotel has a Nespresso maker, a nice touch. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is modern and new. But it's so new that they don't have all the kinks worked out. They are definitely not yet dotting I's and crossing T's, and for the experienced traveler this can be frustrating.

To list a few: There was no luggage rack in my closet, so instead I had to use a nice leather foot stool that belonged to an easy chair in my room. I had thought that this might be righted after the first visit from housekeeping, but it was not. There was also no room serice menu in my room (the hotel's info book appears to be a few pieces of paper randomly shoved into a folder), and when I requested one I was brought a zeroxed, stapled copy that turned out not to even contain the time of day that I was looking for. A list of TV channels is presented on of the bureau, however only about 60% of them are actually available and the rest flash an on-screen message about being "available for upgrade by selecting continue." Even if I were to have believed that the hotel intended to charge me to watch CMT or Nicktoons, the remote control did not even have a "continue" button. Maybe while the Hutton figures out how to re-program their TV's, they could also add in-room moves? They currently dont have any. Finally, I was told there was a message on my room phone and when I pressed the button to retrieve it I was asked to enter a "mailbox number." I cleverly tried my room number but was told it was an invalid entry. When I called downstairs to ask the operator about it he said that I didn't need any kind of code. I told him that the system said that I did... he said he had to ask his manager. The manager said that he would need to send an engineer up to look at it. oy vey... nevermind. I never did hear the message. There are a few more things, tiny, like housekeeping's taking away used drinking glasses and never replacing them, or knocking on my door despite the "privacy" buttom being on and telling me they'd come to clean my room because the manager sent them since I was checking out today (I was staying two days longer). Etc.

Overall I did enjoy my stay here, as did my friends. However this hotel needs to devide a stronger (training? management?) programs to keep everyone's eyes on the ball because, while they are almost there, it's these kinds of oversights in detail that will hold them back and eventually keep the savviest travelers away.

Hotel was the highlight of Nashville

by TripAdvisor Member JenJen2483

This Hotel was AMAZING! The room was perfect! The service was perfect! The restaurant was perfect! I couldn't have wanted anymore. It was our anniversary and they send up a complimentary bottle of Champagne, which was very nice. Would go back just to stay at this Resort!

Spectacular New Nashville Hotel Property

by TripAdvisor Member pkhemmer

The valet and bell staff welcomed us to a very attractive lobby. There was a slight glitch in our reservation (they did not have it although it was made through our Leaders Club membership) but this was quickly resolved. Our room was not large but it was perfectly appointed. The beds were very comfortable. The eco friendly atmosphere does not detract from the luxurious comfort. The bathroom door was broken before we arrived but promptly repaired by the building engineer. The shower is like rain from the ceiling and there is no bathtub or annoying shower curtain to contend with. We have enjoyed our stays at this and other Leading Hotels Group affliates. In the city but very quiet room.

Friendly, Clean and Modern

by TripAdvisor Member sammiemo

My experience started off with check-in. There were two desks, and the friendly attendant asked me to be seated while he explained the amenities and features of the hotel.

My room (a king suite) was cozy, but very elegantly finished with a fusion of European and Asian influences. I really liked the fact that the hotel makes an effort to be environmentally friendly while remaining a comfortable place to stay.

When i first arrived in my room it was a bit warm, but the a/c cooled it to a comfortable temperature in just a few minutes. It appears that the a/c, by default, shuts off when no guests are in the room in order to save energy, but since it works quickly, that wasn't a problem at all.

My second day here, my car battery died, and the hotel staff was very helpful. The front desk clerk was very helpful and made arrangements for someone on staff to give me a jump start. Chad, one of the valets, immediately came with jumper cables and jump-started my vehicle so I could get on my way.

The location is convenient to Vanderbilt and downtown. There are a lot of nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

This was a great place to spend a Nashville get-away. If you shop around on discount sites, it's possible to find fairly reasonable rates for this hotel.

Absolutley 5 Star service in EVERY way!

by TripAdvisor Member 5starsamust

I am the most critical when it comes to Hotel stays. I investigate every website and read every review available. The HUTTON ended up being my choice because it was so new and looked lovely. It ended up way beyond my expectations! The staff was amazing from the moment I arrived till the day we left. I was even approached by the Hotel Mangaer when I was sitting in their gorgeous lobby. She spoke to me for sometime, it was lovely to be treated so well by all the staff. I felt like a Celebrity! The rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms have granite and wonderful showers. We also ate Breakfast in the hotel, and when our food was being delivered we had 4 people serve us! WOW. I also looked at two other Well Known hotels downtown, and did visit them while I was there, but felt I totally made the right choice with this five star Hotel! We had a little yorkie, and they treated him just as nice. They brought us a TREAT bag with everything from bones, to bowls for his food. I could go on and on, you can't go wrong by staying here!

Comments