Hyatt Place Nashville Airport

721 Royal Parkway, (formerly AmeriSuites), Nashville, Tennessee, 37214, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Nashville

A happy breakfast..A happy breakfast..

Chihuly at CheekwoodChihuly at Cheekwood

Tennessee Bicentennial Walk of HistoryTennessee Bicentennial Walk of History

SignageSignage

Maybe moving to Nashville

by rlaroque

My partner and I are considering a move to Nashville. We currently live in Evansville, Indiana and I must say that the people here are backward, behind the times and very hillbilly-like. Needless to say, people are very important to us. I would love it if anyone can tell me what to expect from the people in Nashville. Conservative/Liberal? Do their lives revolve around church? Friendly, or keep to themselves? Easy to make friends or difficult? Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

RE: Maybe moving to Nashville

by raygirl2003

hey. i am originally from knoxville, but have friends in nashville and have visited there fairly often.

nashville is going to be a mix of people, obviously with the city there is more a mix of liberal and conservative. with the bible belt you are going to be leaning towards conservative. however, people are usually super friendly in the south. nashville has a lot of interesting things to do as well and a lot going on. i dont think church is as important as it once was. as far as tolerance, i dont think people are purposefully condemning etc, more that they are ignorant.

hope that helps a bit. i could tell you a lot more about east tennessee than middle, however :)

RE: RE: Maybe moving to Nashville

by elsensei

Based on my experience I would say it's pretty similar to Evansville actually. If you want to get away from the Hillbilly factor I suggest going to a much larger city, preferably out of the South if you really want to get away.

RE: Maybe moving to Nashville

by FredHibbert

I love Nashville and hope you do too. The people are friendly and courtious for the most part. It has been said that the state is conservitave but the city is more liberal. At one time Nashville was called the buckle of the Bible belt. Its very diverse in Nashville and easy to make friends. Check-out my web site if you get a chance. www.HomesGreaterNashville.com Go to the "community" section for lots of links about Nashville. Good luck with your move and I hope this helps.

Fred

Travel Tips for Nashville

Watch the Nashville Predators NHL Hockey Team!

by TravellerMel

Since I met my boyfriend Boyd, I have become acquainted with NHL hockey, and specifically, the Nashville Predators. I have had so much fun - the games are exciting, and the Bridgestone Arena is located right downtown, so it is easy to grab a bite before or after the game, or to continue the evening if you are so inclined.

Tickets start at $25 (sometimes less, if there is a promotion), so it can be a somewhat inexpensive evening out - unless you have kids. Stadium food is expensive ($5 large Pepsi, $5 slice of pizza, $5 hot dog), and I don't even want to know the prices of the souvenirs you'd have to buy. Bring your Predators jersey or t-shirt - leave the cowboy hat at home. Buy the foam claws for the kids - or heck, get one for yourself too!

An Irish Pub in the heart of Country Music

by gkitzmil about Mulligan's

A quaint Irish Pub. Expect it to be noisy on the weekends. But the bartenders are good and some are Irish. My family in Nashville (one a former bartender) recommend Mulligans and I've enjoyed it there no problem

Perfect Pizza

by Laurien about Pizza Perfect

We arrived at Pizza Perfect, hoping for a good dinner that would leave us with enough gas money to get home. Inside, the restaurant was crowded with tables full of people and people waiting to place orders. Hot and noisy, we wanted to get out onto the porch as soon as possible. The woman taking orders helped facilitate that by explaining how the restaurant works and letting me order a specialty pizza and make changes to the toppings without a problem. Outside on the porch we had a nice view of the Hillsborough village and a pleasant, social atmosphere in which to enjoy our pizza. We ordered the Hunter's Choice pizza and substituted sun dried tomatoes for sausage. It was superb! A relatively thin crust and quality toppings made it just what we were hoping for.

Phast, Phresh, & Heathy

by TravellerMel about Phat Bites

I've been here a few times - a very small, unassuming location, deli style.

Cashier was helpful and friendly. Phat Bites prides themselves on healthy, hearty, tasty food. I can't imagine the quiche being healthy (it's eggs and cheese for goodness sake!), but it was wonderfully good. And inexpensive - I got the quiche, salad, pound cake and a can of diet Coke for $10 INCLUDING TIP!

Open for breakfast and lunch only.

Monday - Friday 7am - 3pm
Saturday 9am - 3pm
Sunday Closed The chicken wrap was really good, and today I have the quiche Lorraine, which was wonderful. Get the salad with raspberry vinaigrette - I used the vinaigrette on my quiche too, yummy!

The building

by OlenaKyiv

The Parthenon is possibly one of large attractions of Nashville located in Centennial Park in downtown. This is the only full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon in existence with 42-foot statue of Athena. The lower level of the Parthenon is used as an art gallery.

Read more about the Pantheon history in General tips.

The Parthenon is open
Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00 - 4:30;
also on Sunday, 12:30 - 4:30 during June, July and August.

Admission:
Adults - $5.00; Children 4-17 - $2.50 (under 4 free); Seniors 62+ - $2.50.

Comments