Hyatt Place Opryland

220 Rudy's Circle, (formerly AmeriSuites), Nashville, Tennessee, 37214, United States
Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hyatt Place Opryland

by dschilling about Opryland Hotel

This is a huge hotel and convention center, with indoor waterfalls, gardens and streams. Excellent shopping, dining and entertainment all under one roof. The photo was taken from the balcony of our room.

There are two famous hotels in...

by bl00girl

There are two famous hotels in Tennessee--the Opryland Hotel in Nashville and the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. Both are luxury hotels with much history. The Opryland Hotel has a huge indoor garden conservatory that is open for anyone to visit. You cannot miss it at Christmas because of the wonderful lights. Year-round there is a water show accompanied by live music at regular intervals throughout the day. Luxury, southern style.

NOT QUITE: GO VISIT THE...

by gkitzmil

NOT QUITE: GO VISIT THE OPRYLAND HOTEL BUT IF YOU ENJOY GOOD SERVICE DO NOT STAY THERE It is a huge hotel property with a wonderful and huge conservatory with waterfalls and many plants. It has an indoor river in the Delta area -- it is beautiful!

SO...why do I suggest you not stay there? Well,I was an 'honored guest' as I was giving a speech there. They sent me a fruit basket and wine BUT... TWO MORNINGS in a row the housekeeper walked in on my wife while the Do Not disturb sign was on the door. IN addition, thirsty for a little of Tenn's own whiskey? I ordered Jack Daniels in the pub here called the 'Jack Daniels Saloon' and they DID NOT HAVE ANY! They only had Canadian whiskey! What kind of joke is this property, anyway? And at over $100 a night?

Okay, but room for improvement!

by TripAdvisor Member CastleRockCO

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Opryland in early May of 2007. It's an attractive property, and the renovations appear to be about 95% complete. Our room, and my in-laws room, were nicely decorated and the new mattresses are quite comfortable! In addition, the location, within about a mile of Opryland, was convenient.

However, numerous small issues occurred that lead me to believe that this hotel has either management or personnel issues, or both. Cleaning was skimpy, service was painfully slow and inaccurate when finally delivered. One employee mentioned to us that they're understaffed, but before we decided to stay here, I had read similar comments, so this seems to be an ongoing problem at the hotel.

Anyway, if you're very low maintenance, you'd probably be perfectly happy here, but IMHO, this property has a fair amount of room for improvement.

Happy with Hyatt Place

by TripAdvisor Member gerolamy1

We were a group of 3 couples, the men were attending conference at the Opryland Hotel. We really liked this hotel for convenience and did not want to stay at Opryland due to the enornous size of it and also the prices. Love the big screen tv with HD channels and beds were very comfortable. The rooms have a fridge and a room safe. Bathrooms are a little on the small side, and have the sink outside which I prefer.They have a shuttle that takes you to the Opryland hotel and runs on the half hour, they will also pick you up if you book it ahead. The breakfast was average with muffins, bagels, yogurt , bananas, apples, danishes etc. The breakfast bar with hot items was not open yet. Hotel renovations are not quite finished. All staff was very friendly and accomodating. We would definitley stay here again when visiting Opryland, It is a long way from downtown, you would need a car or it would be expensive cab ride downtown. There is a Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, a store and a few other restaurants within walking distance. There is a sports bar with live music called Johhy A's which we went to couple of nights and really enjoyed.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member ETSU

We selected to stay at the Amerisuites (Hyatt Place) while attending the NWTF Convention. The convention was held at the Opryland Hotel, however, we wanted to avoid the overpriced rooms at Opryland. We stayed at Amerisuites for $105 a night. The hotel is in a convenient location and we utilized the hotel shuttle to and from Opryland.
The rooms have been redecorated (we were on the 4th floor) and they are very modern and stylish with ample room for 4 people. The bathroom could stand to be updated more to be in line with the furnishings of the room. We especially enjoyed the 42" LCD television. The hotel was very quiet. Since the hotel is still under rennovations, the continental breakfast was a "to go" breakfast. A bit of a disappointment. I would stay at this property again.

Hyatt Claims this Hotel??????

by TripAdvisor Member Ashton2874

Booked a five day stay, called the hotel to verify the pool was working, was told it was but was "closed for maintenance" when we arrived. Was told it would be fixed the next day, then the following day. Took 3 days to fix the pool. Had the front desk staff been honest about the problem (turns out they were waiting on a part to be delivered), we would have found other accommodations. The vending machines were never stocked, the local paper machine was never stocked, and the fresh popcorn they claim to have everyday at 4:00 pm doesn't happen anymore. Rooms were a good size and fairly clean but quite shabby with peeling wallpaper and mold in the small bathroom. If you check in and something doesn't work, don't take the manager's word that it will be fixed ... find another place to stay. These employees are an embarrassment to the Hyatt Corporation.

Yes, it's being renovated

by TripAdvisor Member Shell8679

Stayed at this hotel during the quilt festival because I didn't want to pay the Opryland rates. I found this to be a great experience, but all I did was eat breakfast at the extensive breakfast bar, and sleep in the very comfortable bed. The shuttle service and breakfast bar were used extensively by the other guests.

If you don't like staying in a construction zone, then wait until after the first of the year to come here. This hotel has had 20 years of tough love on the decor, and the staff realizes it. They've got to renovate sometime! One of the construction workers said they've got 5th floor done, and had just finished fourth and were starting to gut the third floor while I was there. Guess that explains why I didn't hear any water pipe noises from the floor above me since I was on 2nd. It was rather nice...

The front desk said they anticipated the renovation being done during December. I snuck a peak on the 5th floor and the hallway has gone from mauve and green to the more modern chocolate and latte.

I didn't mind drywall dust in the elevator and the construction workers didn't disturb me. I rather enjoyed having the hotel with reduced capacity. The only downside was the limited tv channels, but then again, I didn't come here to watch tv. If they keep the comfy beds, I would stay here again next year.

by Don_Wright

The most awesome place I have ever been in! The word hotel, does not begin to encompass it!

Please click here, to go to my travelogue on the Opryland Hotel, to begin your adventure! It is on my Tennessee page!

Opryland Hotel, Nashville

by Don_Wright

The Opryland Hotel is a blend of Colonial Williamsburg and Southern Plantation architectural style, and is a feast for the eyes. And the huge indoor atrium areas with plants and trees are a feast for the soul. Every where you look and go, is wonderful and amazing. My photographs really don't do it justice, I wish I could show you my video footage taken a few years ago, but maybe you'll get an idea of the magnificence of this place (Hey VT, this roll was for you: all photos taken Monday 4/16/01, day after Easter Sunday). Are you ready? Let's go!

Wow, we are in the Delta area, and look at that little villiage down there! Let's go check it out!

Wow, what a cool little village! Gift shops, ice cream, and stuff.

What a cool avenue, walking out of that neat little village, now we're on Delta Island. Let's stop and look around!

While we are waiting for the tour boat to come down the river, le'ts look at that water fountain erupting!

Turning to our right, this is another beautiful view of this area.

Before we go, look up at this most amazing rooftop glass skylight structure!

We'll exit through another beautiful lobby, the "Presidential Lobby". Let's set here for awhile and reflect on our visit here. Hope you liked it as much as I did! Let's come back over the Holidays, as I hear the Country Christmas is spectacular with over 1.7 million lights, and toy soldiers, dolls, singers, dancers, and musicians! I'll see you then!

We'll enter through the Magnolia lobby, one of the beautiful entrance lobbies. Upstairs is the Magnolia mezzanine. Both areas have relaxing comfortable seating areas, to wait for guests, or to discuss plans, etc.

We are now entering into one of the three huge areas under glass roofs inside the complex. This one is called the Garden Conservatory. A two-acre garden under glass, here, all one's senses are affected! There are places to sit quietly and think. There are paths to walk. There are places to eat and drink. And the magic is, you feel like you are outdoors, but it is indoors!

There are reportedly over 10,000 plants exibited in the Garden Conservatory. These plants represent more than 215 species and are from 37 different plant families. This collection incluses six kinds of ficus trees, four types of banana trees, 15 types of palms and a sampling of little orange trees.

110 feet above the garden's floor, is a one-acre skylight that is one of the largest glass roofs in the world. There is room for towering palms and banana trees, as well as thousands of smaller plants. What a breath of fresh air! Isn't this neat! We can feel like we're outdoors in nature, all year round. I know, I would like to stay here all day too, but I have another awesome area to show you!

The Cascades, focusing on water, is a two-acre interior space is surrounded by 2 six-story guest wings and crowned with a one acre sized skylight. In this photo, in the lower left you can see part of the Cascade Tarrace revolving lounge, and in the distance, the Cascades Restaurant, which features a waiting bar, colorful paintings and landscapes of plants, grottos, waterfalls and cliffs.

Dominating one end of the Cascades is a "mountain" almost four stories high. Accenting this setting are three waterfalls that splash into a 12,500 square-foot lake.

At the lake's center is the Cascade Terrace, a revolving lounge offering a complete view of the Cascades. Notice the Victorian style gazebo with Greek columns, archways and bevelled glass panels. Let's go enjoy a beverage, and sit for awhile!

As beautiful as this place is in the daytime you should see it at night! Nightime in the Cascades, the "Dancing Waters" show. I wish I had photos to show you, I have video footage of this most beautiful event. An intricate custom designed fountain composed of 940 jets and 10 rocker arms that shoot water up to 22 feet in the air, performs a continuous series of water movements from 8am to 11pm daily. But the two spectacular nighly performances feature full laser effects and the live music of a harpist. I agree that the show looks as if someone has taken a handful of rubies, emeralds and diamonds and thrown them into the air. Now, let's go to the next massive area called the Delta!

Opryland HotelOpryland Hotel

The Opryland HotelThe Opryland Hotel

Opryland HotelOpryland Hotel

Opryland Hotel - outsideOpryland Hotel - outside

Parking near the Gaylord Opryland Hotel

by ejlawson13

Is there a location near the Opryland Hotel where there is Free Parking?

Re: Parking near the Gaylord Opryland Hotel

by TravellerMel

YES! If you park behind the hotel, in the Opry Mills parking lot, it is free. You can walk into the Opryland Hotel thru the back entrances, by the Grand Ole Opry. No way in heck would I pay the $15/day parking at the hotel!

Grand Ole Opry Hotel

by lemonpie

Does anyone have any info on the Grand Ole Opry Hotel? Is there more than one hotel? Is it located in downtown Nashville?
Has anyone stayed there before?

by foh2001

Hello. I live in Nashville but don't really have any information about the hotel, other than what is on the website.

There is only one opryland hotel, and of course it's out by the grand ole opry. It's about 20 mins or more from downtown on I-40 east. There will be signs toward opryland which is on briley parkway(off of I-40).
I've never stayed there but hear it's really nice and equally as expensive. There are great restaurants in the hotel and it's HUGE.
Good luck.
scott

by riverrh

Hi, I used to work at Opryland Hotel. It has beautiful gardens and lots of lil shops to look in. But to actually stay there I would not advise it. You are paying a 160.00 + or so for a mediocre room. Opryland Hotel is huge, around 1000 rooms, there are lots of Conventions there. But for your 160.00 you do not get breakfast or even a coffee maker in your room. I would stay somewhere else and just visit the hotel. Parking is 10.00 a day. If you want to visit the hotel, and not pay to park,then park at Opry Mills Mall and walk over to the hotel, park by the movie theater side and follow the path to the hotel.
The hotel is beautiful, as a concierge there, most of my time was helping people just to find their rooms, cause it is so huge!
Grand Ole Opry and the General Jackson are the only touristy things on that side of Nashville, you would be better off staying downtown maybe at the Hilton.

by riverrh

Hi, I used to work at Opryland Hotel. It is not downtown. It is one hotel. It has beautiful gardens and lots of lil shops to look in. But to actually stay there I would not advise it. You are paying a 160.00 + or so for a mediocre room. Opryland Hotel is huge, around 1000 rooms, there are lots of Conventions there. But for your 160.00 you do not get breakfast or even a coffee maker in your room. I would stay somewhere else and just visit the hotel. Parking is 10.00 a day. If you want to visit the hotel, and not pay to park,then park at Opry Mills Mall and walk over to the hotel, park by the movie theater side and follow the path to the hotel.

tennessee travel ideas ??

by adido

Hi, I'll be traveling with my dad (73)
in the area from june 26 till july 8
We start in nasheville, and I do have tikets for the Grand ole opry.
We rent a car and will drive east to the Smokies area. Than may be down to atlanta and back.
Can you recomend anything, we have the time. Any special events, fairs, motor sport ?
We are from abroad so anything is new to us.
Tnx Adido

Re: tennessee travel ideas ??

by SONG

I live in Nashville and would suggest that you visit the Opryland Hotel which is right next to the Grand Ole Opry. The hotel is huge and very elegant ......just fabulous things to see in it. Good restaurants in the hotel also. The Smokies are a great choice for natural scenery, but I might suggest you avoid Dollywood and all the tourist traps in that area.
Good Luck with your travels and enjoy the southern Hospitality while here.

Comments