2025 MetroCenter Blvd., Nashville, Tennessee, 37228-1505, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Millennium Maxwell House Nashville

Millennium Maxwell House hotel in Nashville literally smells

I had a horrible experience at the Millennium Maxwell House hotel in Nashville this summer. Unfortunately, the description on the web failed to mention that the hotel was close to the town's sewage treatment plant and literally smelled like a cesspool. The odor throughout the hotel was sickening, despite an employee walking around the hotel corridors spraying air freshener.

To make matters even worse I had booked the hotel through Hotwire whose misleading description of the hotel and its location left me stuck in stink without recourse. My advice is to avoid a literally stinky stay by avoiding both the millenium maxwell house in Nashville as well as Hotwire.

your average hotel

the tennessee corrections association recently hosted our fall conference at the millenium maxwell house and it was really nice, alyhough the smell was awful. the food was average and the price was a bit high. overall a good place to stay.

Wonderful Stay at Bargain Price

by TripAdvisor Member 170612

I was extremely nervous to stay at this hotel after reading reviews regarding roaches and ants. Well to put everyone's minds at ease this is definitely not the case. I seriously feel that the person who wrote these untrue reviews has serious issues or a personal issue to damage the reputation of this hotel. I contacted the site that I used and expressed my concerns after reading the horrid review regarding insect infestation. They sent a team of investigators and called me reporting that they could find nothing to support these claims. I have travelled extensively this past years staying only at 4 star hotels or higher and feel that I can give a fair review of this hotel. My family and I have taken at least 10 trips throughout the country this year staying mainly at the Hyatt chain. Although this is a 3 and a half star hotel it is truly a bargain at the price that they charge. I was extremely happy with every aspect of this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Nashville Convention center and used the Gray Line shuttle for 18 dollars round trip. I needed to go directly to the Convention from the airport and needed to be on time. The Gray LIne is well worth the money and I only waited 10 minutes for it. The hotel offers a free shuttle but the times may not be great for everyone. I was picked up promptly at the Convention center by Rueben a really polite super nice guy who gave me some information about the city. The lobby of the hotel is nice and clean. I was checked in promptly by the clerk and given free candy, a nice touch. My room was next to an elevator but I did not hear any noise. The room was clean and I liked the sink that was modern outside the bathroom. The bathroom was very clean but is not state of the art. The bed was very comfortable and the room was much larger than I had expected. The bedspread was new looking and the carpets were clean and new. A large desk is in the room with a chair and a ottoman. The walls were extremely clean and some nice country pictures were on the walls. I am a New Yorker and can be very picky. This room was free of any bugs or smells. I had booked through a discount site and was given a room with a view of the city. There is several fast food places, McDonalds, subway, Wendy's right across the street and some type of mini mart. The outdoor pool area was quite lovely and very clean. I took the free shuttle to Opry Land with Sam the shuttle driver my first night. It leaves on 3 scheduled times at night and also returns at scheduled times. Make sure that you check with the desk. Sam was awesome dropping us off right on schedule and most importantly picking us up right on schedule. I enjoyed a dinner at Cascades at the Opryland hotel, a must see spot. I had the opportunity to speak with the manager Sam and he was a gentleman who gives you the feeling that your business is appreciated with Southern Hospitality that one always hears about. I discussed with him the negative reviews and my concerns. He told me to feel free to contact me if I had any problems. The hotel has great specials and the bar and the food menu was adequate with extremely reasonable prices. This hotel is a 10 dollar cab ride into downtown when the shuttles aren't running or if you don't want to wait. My only negative experience was a 45 minute wait for the shuttle once.When you use the shuttle you need to coordinate with the front desk to make sure that it doesn't conflict with the airport run. The shuttle brought me to the Convention promptly at 8 Am and the drivers were all so courteous and friendly. Going back to the hotel is not as easy. Other folks said that they had no problems at all. To sum it up this hotel is a real bargain for the price. Downtown hotels were more than twice the price. All the staff were really great and went out of their way to make my first trip to Nashville awesome. I plan on returning without hesitation to the Maxwell House with my husband in the future. Free parking is a plus also. The Hyatt this hotel is not, but for the price and savings it is a Gem! If you are in the Downtown area make sure that you go to Demo's restaurant on the Commerce and 3rd Street. The food was home made, the staff very attentive and so cheap. A lunch of spaghetti and meatballs with amazing bread and a soda was less than ten dollars! It is a 3 minute walk from the Convention Center and Ryman auditorium.

Will Not Return...

The location of the hotel was convenient for us as we were coming from the north. The rooms were above average and the pool looked nice although we did not use it.

Unfortunately we too discovered (to our suprise) that this hotel is next to the city's sewage plant. It SMELLS of exactly that at least a few times a day when the plant is doing who knows what to it.

Secondly, staff was knocking on our door at 8:30 am Sunday morning to clean our room. After waking us up once to find out we were still sleeping they returned a second time knocking at our door 10-15 minutes later trying to clean our room again. Needless to say we were now up for the day. Daily room cleanings should not begin this early on weekend mornings. Besides Saturday they did not have our room cleaned until 4pm.

Okay, but smelly

by TripAdvisor Member lilbunnygirl

Totally average hotel, nice lobby, decent rooms, although the bathroom was a bit grotty and old. Our two complaints would be a) the smell from the sewage plant, which didn't invade our room, thankfully, but was very strong in the hall and outside and b) the "buisness center" is one computer in a high traffic area of the lobby, not a convenient place to do any work.

Nice place, decent location

We stayed here with another couple (two king rooms) and found it to be pretty nice. The beds and rooms were nice although I think they are slowly updating the place still. Our carpet was wet, apparently it had just been cleaned. They offered a new room but we declined since we were headed out for the night. We enjoyed the shuttle downtown. Didn't smell anything from this supposed sewer plant but then we weren't hanging outside much. No real complaints at all.

Great value, shuttle is convenient

I have stayed here twice over the past two years. Most recently, in Feb 2005. The hotel is a great value and the free shuttle to downtown is a huge bonus! The rooms are a bit above average, looks like they have been remodeled recently. Hotel cleanliness a bit above average. I plan to return again this year and will stay at this hotel for my third time.

Understandably a great Hotwire deal - don't pay full price!

by TripAdvisor Member drkeebler

We stayed at this hotel last week after finding it on Hotwire for a great price. Therefore, I will preface this review by saying that we didn't pay full price, though I would be thoroughly dissatisfied if we had.

The lobby of the hotel is quite nice, done in Elvis/country rock fashion. The staff was gracious and friendly, even with our late night check-in.

Obviously a remodeled old hotel in a centralized but odd location, they just didn't hit par when it came to finishing touches. The rooms have great color schemes, with new sinks, dressers, etc. However, our bathroom had the old yellow ceramic tile in the bathtub - and granite on the floor! The newly applied wallpaper was already peeling in our room, and messy in the bathroom. The room was horribly unclean, with a huge stain in the middle of the carpet, and obvious dust around all the baseboards.

That said, the bed was comfortable, and the sheets were clean.

I would have expected better from a high quality hotel chain, and will likely not stay here again. For the cheap price, it was better than the alternative.

Adequate, but needs work

by TripAdvisor Member happyone70

We stayed at the Maxwell while traveling for Christmas. The staff was friendly and quick on check in. Our room was adequate, but needed work. The carpet was dingy and had bright red stains (looked like Kool-Aide). The decor was nice, but the furniture was very worn. The tub had recently been replaced and worked well.

We did use the shuttle service into downtown and found the drivers knowledgeable and nice. They were able to answer general questions about the town.

We did not have the issue with the sewage smell since it was winter.

Overall, worth staying if you get a pretty discounted price.

Decent for the price

by TripAdvisor Member DBish

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and the hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff was helpful. However, if we would have to paid full price, my opinion may have been different. I did not smell the "awful odor" as some have stated. We did not eat at any of the resturants at the hotel. The free shuttle to the downtown area was nice. We were dropped off right at the Ryman Auditorium for the Grand Ole Opry (they still have it there in the winter months). The shuttle stops running at 10:15 PM, so make sure that you make other arrangements if you want to stay downtown and take advantage of all of the nightlife that Nashville offers.

rippy's smokin bar & grillrippy's smokin bar & grill

by ddde1028

ARE THERE ANY CLOSE STAYING IN DOWNTOW N ARE FOR COVENTION

Re: BEACHES

by wasabigirl

Do you mean to ask if there are any beaches around downtown? Well..as Tennessee is surrounded by other states, there are no "beaches" anywhere in TN. However, downtown does have "Riverfront Park", which, as the name suggests, is a park on the river. There is no swimming in the river though..unless you want to catch some disease or get hit by a barge.

For a faux beach, you could go to Nashville Shores Waterpark in Hermitage, about a 20 minute drive from downtown. It has some lake front swimming and other water park attractions.

Comments