Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport Tennessee

Booking.com Expedia.com BookIt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Nashville

Bar areaBar area

sgt. alvin yorksgt. alvin york

President Andrew Johnson StatuePresident Andrew Johnson Statue

Ghost Ballet, Nashville, TNGhost Ballet, Nashville, TN

Bachelorette Weekend in Nashville

by kasey1720

Hi! I am helping plan a bachelorette weekend in Nashville during August. We want to stay in the downtown area. I'm trying to find a place that is reasonably priced- we are going to be staying 2 or 3 nights, need 2 rooms- preferably adjoining, and it will be split 6 ways. I want us to stay somewhere with a reasonable price, but somewhere that is definitely not considered a "dump." It is very, very important that we are within walking distance of Broadway. I've stayed at the Renaissance, but it is too pricey for this purpose and besides, they are booked. I have also stayed at the Homewood Suites. Can anyone help me out? Also, any other tips that could be provided are welcome!

Re: Bachelorette Weekend in Nashville

by karen_mo

Hi
depends what you consider a dump, but we stayed at the Comfort Inn, Demonbraun Street, it was clean, basic but a good price and walking distance to downtown. Check it out on Trip Advisor. They seem to cater for large groups of young people, which may or may not be what you want!
Cheers, Karen

Travel Tips for Nashville

forget about the stereotypical...

by Tombanjo

forget about the stereotypical nashville... it is a fully grown, mature city with *many* things to do... there is a counter-culture scene in nasheville... find it... gov't mule blowing my mind... (heh. vt asked...)

Doug's Dream

by RVRoller about Bass Pro Shop

After Camping World, I thought nothing could be better. However, I believe the Bass Pro Shop came in second. This place took up the slack concerning what you couldn't find at Camping World! I almost had my husband talked into buying a new boat but pulling it back home would have been a problem. My husband, who doesn't particularly like shopping, actually spent hours here! The list would be too long but you should be able to find what you need for the outdoors. How deep are your pockets?

An Irish Restaurant with Canadian Music!

by Bwana_Brown about Mulligan's Pub & Restaurant

On our final night in town, nine of us (4 Americans and 5 Canadians) went to Mulligan's Pub to discuss our voting strategy for the important meeting that was to be held on the final day of the session. We stumbled upon the place after first trying the two micro-brewery restaurants on 2nd street that I had found to be quite agreeable on my last visit. However, even though this was a Wednesday night, they were too crowded to immediately find seating for a group of our size. In the end, we had a great time at Mulligan's. We noticed that their lone singer was wearing a T-shirt with a Canadian flag on it and he certainly did not seem to have an Irish accent! It was confirmed when he began singing the classic blue-collar Canadian songs written and made popular by Stompin' Tom Conners, a native of Prince Edward Island! We gave him a rousing hand for that! I decided to keep it simple with a good old Irish Shepard's Pie (US$11). This is comprised of ground beef, green peas, carrots and onions topped with Colcannon potatoes and cheddar cheese - served with a side of gravy. The Colcannon's are a chunky mashed style, mixed with shredded cabbage and butter and spiced with mace. It was really good, and a couple of pints of Irish Red (US$4 each) did not hurt either!

Swiss Fondue American Style

by grishaV1 about The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot is also downtown at 2nd Avenue North 615-742-4970, based on the Swiss idea of fondue pots but changed for American tastes basically. This place I stepped inside to get an idea of what it was about, you immediately walk downstairs to a basement lounge/restaurant type setting. Its very nice and cozy. The fondue pot is brought to your table, and seasoned by the server to your own taste. I am not a great fan of cheese at all, or dairy products, but my friends just went wild for this. Cheeses, they assure you, are aged and creamy to perfection. And whatever entreé you order is cooked to your taste, with coq an vin fondue, mojo fondue, fondue court boullion or fondue bourguignonne sauce styles.

A basic price is listed of 15,00 for two people, each extra person is 7,50, and your dinner is served in courses. Pacific Rim would be my choice for dinner, teriyaki marinated beef, shrimp, pork and duck along with fresh vegetables. For dessert, you have choices of fresh fruits: strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cheesecake to dip in wonderful choclate sauces of all kinds. Very important to know the hours at this place! Full Fondue Dinners are Mon-Thursday 5pm-10pm, Friday-Sunday they open at 4pm. Cheese and Chocolate Fondue are ONLY Sunday-Thursday from 10pm-11pm, and Friday and Saturday at 11pm (I assume, they didn´t say specific). Reservations are DEFINITELY recommended because of the limited hours, and the server having to remain at each table. So its a great dining experience, not just eating, but being entertained savoring each taste different from another. Great place!

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

by mightywease

I didn't know a lot about Country Music before I went to Nashville but after a visit to the museum I feel that not only has my knowledge increased but I was encouraged to learn about and listen to more country music.
The museum traces the history of country music from it's roots through to the present day. How it has been influenced by different musical styles i.e. rock and roll, but also how it has influenced many other musical styles. There are exhibits about different strands of country music i.e bluegrass, hillbilly and about the people who have created and shaped country music. From people who I had heard of, like Hank Williams & Johnny Cash, to people who I hadn't like Lester Flatt & Bill Monroe. All done in such a way that it is put into a context within the framework of country music. The exhibits are easy to read, interesting and set out very well. Also as you go along you get to listen as well as look. Push the button and you can hear Lefty Frizzell while looking at his guitar & suit. Sound booths at various points let you listen to landmark recordings while text explains how they changed or exemplified the musical style at that time. There is a lot to see and listen to but I never felt overwhelmed. The museum feels small and intimate despite the fact that it is supplying a lot of information. After completing your visit to the museum you get to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame. Seeing the plaques on the walls you recognize the names of people who you have just been learning about and have a little more understanding of who they are and why they are being celebrated.
It is a fantastic museum and fascinating whether you are a country music fan or not. I left feeling totally enthused and totally excited.
I'd recommend it. A lot!