Sheraton Nashville Downtown

Satisfaction Average

Costs 55% more and rated 11% lower than other 4 star hotels

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Just off the Capital

During a recent business trip, I had the opportunity to stay in Nashville, TN. I chose the Sheraton Downtown Nashville as my hotel location, and flew from my home in Dallas to Nashville on American.

The location of the hotel was definitely the reason for my stay, although the age of the hotel itself left a little to be desired. The rooms were pleasant enough, but there was a little age to the room. I am not always impressed when I pay $179.00 a night for a room that is equal to that of a motel. A word to the wise, if you have not updated your hotel since 1970, quit charging that much. The night before I stayed in twice the luxury at $139! I did notice that the rooms on a mid-level were being redecorated, so it appears management is aware. If I were to give a bit of advice, fix your club level rooms first!

I also did have the advantage of enjoying the club level happy hour for both breakfast and after work drinks. If you are not aware of this, please bear in mind that some hotel chains allow you to pay an extra $10-35 dollars (normally negotiable) to enjoy the benefits of internet service, snack type finger foods and access to drinks from the bar for little or no extra money. A glass of wine at this location was $4, although I did not have to pay extra for access to the room because of my status.

Here is the breakdown of what was paid:
    Room rate: $179

Rating (based on 10):
    Bed: 9
    Room: 5
    Bathtub: 4
    Bathroom: 5 (toilet too close to shower)
    TV Selection: 6 (would have been higher if HBO had worked)
    Location to Downtown: 9
    Overall: 38/60

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Easy Access to all of Downtown

We stayed here for the Music City Bowl on New Year's Eve. Other than the price (everything was outrageous because of the game) it was what we were looking for (quick access to downtown restaurants and bars, etc.)

Unique Quality: Good location for getting around downtown.

• A total rip off!!!

I've stayed in cheap sleazy motels with better service than this one had! Sure, it may look nice but my experience was anything but! My husband and I stayed here on our anniversary night and when we got to our room boy were we suprised...not only did we have maybe the smallest room in the corner but it had DOUBLE beds after I specifically requested a KING! I was told that since i booked it with PRICELINE (which I also do NOT recommend) that there was nothing they could do about it! That's just for beginners....we had NO hot water and when I called the front desk to complain I was charged 75 cents for the call! The shower was dirty as well! They state that if you're not satisfied they're not well that's a complete lie! They only offered to refund the price of the call and the $17 I had to pay for parking in THEIR garage! This room cost WELL over $100 for 1 night! I suggest staying at a cheaper motel and blowing your money elsewhere!

Unique Quality: The lobby and bar were the only nice qualities.

Directions: downtown

More about Sheraton Nashville Downtown

Can't Understand the Negative Comments on this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ladamo

We arrived at the Sheraton Downtown Nashville Hotel on Thanksgiving Day. We were welcomed by the bellman before we even set foot inside the hotel and warmly welcomed by the staff behind the front desk upon checking in. We were upgraded to a Club Floor Room and a non-smoking room was a cinch unless we wanted a suite (smoking suites available only). We had 2 tiny problems, one with obtaining a small refrigerator for my insulin and the other with getting some bottled water. Both were resolved fairly quickly. The first refrigerator did not work, but housekeeping tried again until they got one that did. This is understandable for a first day arrival.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel with turkey, ham and the works since we had no one to visit in the city. Staff members were always friendly and helpful with all our needs. Some even had prolonged conversations with us.

The room we got was adequate-sized and included a sitting area. The bathroom was fine. All was nice and clean for us daily. The carpets were not stained and as per one reviewer, there were absolutely no bedbugs to be found. Elevator service was quick.

This hotel is rated by Starwood as a Category 2 which means that it is a good hotel with adequate services, not a luxury hotel located in a "hot" location such as New York City, San Francisco or Miami Beach. We came to Nashville for the purpose of enjoying the offerings of "Music City, USA," and the Sheraton was available for us.

As for my party, this hotel suited our needs just fine. I would even say that it's the hotel that tries harder. Anyone who wants more than that should go to New York City and find a luxury hotel such as the "W" in Times Square or Union Square or even better than that, the creme de la creme such as The Essex House/St. Regis Club, but be prepared to pay $500-$1,000 plus/night.

Comfortable Hotel and Great Location!

My friend and I chose this hotel for its proximity to the downtown area since we were attending the CMT Awards Show. It was only a few blocks from the Gaylord Entertainment Center and all of the famous Nashville bars and hotspots.

We stayed on the Club Level because it was the only room available at the time of booking. We had a small flood in our room on our next to last day there (caused by a problem with the toilet...but the staff handled it well and compensated us accordingly) and we had to move to a regular room. Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference in the Club Level vs. the regular rooms, so save your money and stay in a regular room, unless you think you'll take full advantage of the Club Lounge, white robe, and complimentary continental breakfast for Club Level guests!

The hotel has a nice atrium-style lobby and a friendly bell and valet staff. Front desk was not quite as nice, but the other staff made up for that.

The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are extremely comfortable and for the most part, the hotel was quiet.

I would not mind trying the Renaissance next time I'm in Nashville since it's even closer to the action, but I would definitely return to the Sheraton in a heartbeat. It was great!
BUT...I would be willing to deal with these issues again (for a short stay only...one or two nights) because I loved the hotel and the location so much!

Superb hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MrsPLondon

I stayed for 3 nights last week in the Sheraton Downtown. The hotel is lovely. The room was very well equipped and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The staff were very friendly and most helpful - nothing was a trouble to them. I had no hairdryer in my room - one phonecall to the desk and one was sent up immediately. I later received a message from the front desk apologising for the fact there was no hairdryer in my room and offering me a free movie. The hotel is very well appointed within walking distance of the major attractions and easily reached by shuttle bus from the airport. I would definitely stay there again.

Be sure to get a good deal, as this hotel is nothing special.

by TripAdvisor Member JoeDogsMom

Stayed at this hotel the night of August 20. Paid rate of $105. Although this hotel was close to the downtown strip, I would not have dreamed of paying $105 (room rate NOT including tax and valet charges) if I hadn't been splitting the bill among several girls.

Be sure to try priceline like so many others on this thread have...some folks got this hotel for under $50/night, which is about what it's worth. Absolutely nothing special...mold in the bathroom, dirty carpet, etc!

Regarding parking...I would NOT pay the $16/day valet charge. What a rip off. There are several CHEAP lots right around the corner from the hotel if you're willing to leave your car in a somewhat dark, unattended lot. I paid a grand total of $2 to park my car Saturday night (no more than a 2 minute walk from the hotel's front door).

Bugs in the bed ruined an otherwise great stay

I stayed in this hotel for one night on business, and was very happy with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The service was excellent and the location was very convinient to both the highway and Printer's Alley. And I slept wonderfully in a very comfortable bed.

Infortunately...I woke up to about a dozen bugs the size of small ticks (but they weren't ticks) in my bed that had clearly made a breakfast of me. The bigger ones were filled with my blood and some had been squished, so my blood was on the sheets (which is how I noticed them to begin with). The ones that hadn't eaten me were very small (the size of tiny crumbs). It was horrific.

The person at the front desk was appropriately horrified as well, and they comped my room. I left as soon as possible, but the resulting rash the bites caused has remained.

Everything about the hotel was great until that point, which is why I'm unhappy to have to give this review. But what happened was disgusting enought to warrent this complaint.

The Worst Hotel I Have EVER stayed in!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsTrellis73

Thank goodness we were only there for 3 nights.
We arrived at midnight after a long days travelling from the uk to be told that although the hotel had received our reservation, they didn't actually have any rooms for us! After over a hours hanging around, three of us were put in the presedential suite (which incidentally was grubby, tatty & far from presidential). We were eventually found (average, not particularly clean) rooms the next day, but only after being ignored by reception staff and having to indulge in much wrangling with the management.
The bar closed at midnight and room service stopped. There was no mini bar in the room & all one had as refreshment in the room was a bottle of water which cost $4.50.
The restaurant was far too small to accomodate all of the hotel residents and was very understaffed.
On checking out our bill was not itemised and on checking we discovered that we had been charged for room service that we never even had (after midnight !!)
All in all, an incredibly disappointing stay. Something which the staff at the Sheraton quite obviously couldn't care less about.

Comments