Thrifty Inn Nashville

343 Harding Place, (former Pear Tree Inn), Nashville, Tennessee, 37211, United States

Thrifty Inn
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• WORST MANAGEMENT EVER!!!

I'm usually not one to write a negative review but this story needs to be heard. On a work related trip with four other friends we decided to stay here. We called ahead and the girl attendant on duty was extremely kind and deserves an award for putting up with her boss. She made no fuss about having an extra person and provided a cot. At the counter the next morning instead of giving me the towel i asked for, the Indian man claiming to be the head manager proceeded to ask me how many were in our room. After answering 4 or 5 he called me a liar (with no mention of the towel i needed) and drilled me with several other questions. I stayed calm but complained about his customer service skills and praised those of the attendant we originally dealt with. I found myself at the counter again for checkout, my friends explaining that there was no problem with hotel staff about number staying the night before. As we calmly explained out situation this manager interrupted me and told me to shut up. He then told my friends that I didn't understand anything and had an attitude problem. This angered me but still I didn't leap across the counter and choke him out like I wanted to. When all was seemingly resolved my friends were leaving as I gathered some things. He waited until they couldn't hear and pointed at me yelling, "you NEVER come back here again!" Believe me, I realize it sounds like I'm leaving something out of this story but that is exactly the way it went down. This guy with no service skills whatsoever just wanted to pick a fight. So if you want a cheap but smelly motel where management treats you like you live in their third world country, by all means Thrifty is the place for you!

Unique Quality: nothing.

More about Nashville

slave cabinslave cabin

tomb of james k. polktomb of james k. polk

Nashville Capitol Andrew Jackson StatueNashville Capitol Andrew Jackson Statue

LP Stadium, Nashville, TNLP Stadium, Nashville, TN

Fly drive in/out of Atlanta

by Mike57

Hi

I've got flights and a jeep booked in and out of ATL for two weeks in July / August and I'm trying to find "must not miss" places to visit in Georgia, Tenesee, Louisiana and elsewhere in the Southern States. Conversely if there are places to avoid that would be useful too!

We love music of all types and are keen to see Historical sites and National Parks. We like a ball game when we can as well.

We typically cover 1500 miles round trip - and would be really grateful for ideas.

I appreciate any ideas you have.

Best regards

Mike
UK

by horsinround2

I'm short on time, so sorry for the brief response. My Nashville page has several tips and also some great websites for planning what to see and where to stay in the Nashville area. I've only lived here a couple years and have not done any road trips like the one you describe, so unfortunately can't help with that. If you have any questions about visiting Nashville, you're welcome to e-mail me. Have a wonderful vacation!
Melissa

by Mindy_J

On the way to Nashville, stop at Chattanooga to see Rock City, then if you like "Jack Daniels" go to Lynchburg TN where they make it, It's a neat stop.. Nashville has too many bars to mention, but everyont wants to make it to "Tootsie" & "The Wildhorse Saloon". You pretty much just park, then hit the row of bars. Tons of music 7 days a week. I live in Franklin, it is like a contemporary Mayberry, voted one of the top 10 towns to live in 2nd year in a row, just 15 minutes south of Nashville off of Hwy 65. Have fun!!!

by Mike57

Hi - Thanks for your help! What's the area or street name for the main music club area? I'd like a hotel within walking distance......

Thanks!

Mike

Broadway, 2nd Street

by Mindy_J

Hilton Downtown, courtyard by Marriot, Holiday Inn Express Downtown, closest ones

by shekkie

Places to avoid ??

My vote goes to Memphis, TN...unless you're an Elvis fan I guess...besided that there's nothing to really mention culturally (maybe the Civil Rights Museum)

My second vote of place to avoid is Birmingham , Alabama. If you have to go to AL then go to Huntsville and get a little charge from NASA's spcae flight center...it's educational and fun.....the TN River is also gorgeous ! Outside of that Birmingham suxx, Montgomery is worse.....Mobile is dirty but Gilf Shores is quite nice !

Travel Tips for Nashville

there are many faces to Nashville

by gkitzmil

Nashville is the country music capital, hosts many stars of other music genres who record in Nashville, has parks and history, and has more adult entertainment venues than any city its size I can imagine. (They tell me the best and classiest is Anthony's put I don't go to those.)

Oysters, beer, or a martini

by gkitzmil about South Street

Open-air dining or drinking. Where people from Nashville go to enjoy a drink or some light food.

If you are going to Nashville for the Country Music Scene then don't go here. This is 'cosmopolitan' Nashville. no problem

"Where the Locals Eat"

by lvanland7 about Rotier's Restaurant

Hamburgers-Steaks-Chili-TakeOut-Meat and home style veggies-and beverages. The ambience is casual with local and celebrety photos on the walls. This is a small restaurant so if you don't want to wait it is better to go early or late for lunch or dinner. Friendly servers help make the meal enjoyable. Parking is on the street and you may need to drive around the block to find a space. Or, better yet, leave you car parked in Centennial Park and walk over after you have toured the Parthenon. Hamburger and malt/shake is great. Also, their fresh home style veggies. Usually have great home made pies also.

Authentic Cajun Food

by TravellerMel about Steamboat Bill's

Ok, I'm from New Orleans, and one of the hardest things about moving from my hometown is missing the good food. As soon as I walked in the door I was immediately taken back to a familiar place. The decor was straight up Louisiana bayou and New Orleans French Quarter all the way!! Now, they had the look, but I was still skeptical. Would they have the food? Yes indeed they did!!!! I wondered how such great seafood could be cooked in a restaurant in Hendersonville, TN. Turns out it's owned by a family from Lake Charles, Louisiana. Suddenly, it all made sense. If you've ever wanted a taste of New Orleans cuisine, or if you've had it before and thought that it couldn't be found in TN., make your way to Steamboat Bill's. You won't be disappointed. During a co-worker's retirement dinner here, I had the Catfish Atchafalaya. The fish was cooked to perfection - light, flaky, not at all dry. Served on a bed of rice with a creamy, slightly spicy sauce with shrimp - it was delicious! The bread served with the dinner was lightly fried and slightly sweet - reminded me of a beignet without the powdered sugar. I got a bread pudding to take home for later, and it was delicious.

Athena and The Parthenon in Nashville

by lvanland7

The Parthenon in Nashville provides a walk back into history and houses the 42 ft. Athena by Allan LeQuire. The art gallery in the Parthenon houses the permanent display of 63 paintings of the James M. Cowan collection. The gallery also provides a venue for a variety of temporary shows and exhibits. The bronze doors at each end of the Parthenon are beautiful. Be sure to ask about the legend of the Lion's Head on the doors. You may want to take a guided tour first and then browse at your own leisure. Also be sure to check out the gift shop. After visiting the Parthenon you may enjoy the sunken garden in Centennial Park and the Centennial Park Art Center at the rear of the park.

Comments