Wingate Inn Nashville Airport

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

800 Royal Pkwy, Royal Pkwy & Airport Center, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214, United States
Wingate by Wyndham Nashville Airport
Orbitz.com WingateHotels.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 73% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Nashville

My plate of goodnessMy plate of goodness

"Pumpkin Patch""Pumpkin Patch"

Nashville Capitol Farmers MarketNashville Capitol Farmers Market

LobbyLobby

Want to travel to Nashville area to househunt - Need advice on areas.

by tenn01

We hope to move to TN in the next 10-15 months, and plan to visit in the next few months to hopefully decide on a more specifc area to do a property search. We currently live in Texas, and have for many years since our families are here, but we've never felt it was the right fit for us; it's either blazing hot or really cold with spring and fall almost non-existent. There's not much of anything to do and the landscape is flat and boring. We lived in Northern California for a year (job relo) and loved it, but the prices there are just too high. I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on where we might start our search. Our dream would be waterfront property (preferably a clean lake that is good for swimming and allows motorized boats and jet skis) with acreage (30+ would make us really happy). We've never lived on/near a river but would appreciate feedback on good rivers as well. We could go for waterfront with just a couple of acres if there was affordable additional acreage nearby. We want the land for dirtbiking and/horses mostly. Husband has to travel a lot, so we'd hope to be only an hour or so from a decent sized airport. This may not be possible, but we're dreaming of the land, but don't want to be so completely isolated. We'll also still have one more teenager in school for a couple of years, so don't want to be so, so far away from a school and other kids. Land with a mixture of open pasture and some trees would be the best. Sorry to be so detailed, but based on what I've read on this site so far, a lot of you guys really know the area well. We've always been on the short end of the stick when it came to real estate transactions; either had to buy in seller's market or sell in a buyer's market so we really want to buy in an area with great pricing. Thanks in advance for any information. We're hoping to get enough information before we come out for a vacation, to help us pinpoint areas to look for relocating.

RE: Want to travel to Nashville area to househunt - Need advice on areas.

by tomxt9

Hey, wanna buy my house ? just kidding. I actually live between Louisville and Nashville. lots to talk about in your question. would you like to e-mail me directly and I'll try to help you out. (yes, I'm from here. and it's true, there are some places that you can't get to from here.)
later,
TOM

RE: Want to travel to Nashville area to househunt - Need advice on areas.

by jimwebster

I don't live in the Nashville area, but in Knoxville. When I first arrived in east Tennessee some 25+ years ago land was still relatively cheap. But now land is very expensive, especially lake front property. The one exception here is property near the Kentucky border, but we are talking about places that are economically dirt poor and out in the middle of nowhere. From your description of what you desire, that may be what you are looking for. Just kind of a heads up of what to expect if you are looking for something directly in the Nashville vicinity.

by tenn01

Thanks for the information. This is really exactly what I'm trying to find out. Are any of you familiar enough with any of the local lakes or rivers to give me some input on good ones for swimming,boating & fishing? I guess it's going to take spending quite a bit of time in the area to figure out where we want to be, but I'll take any good tips beforehand.

by Rooster_poot

Originally from the middle Tennessee area....some of the lakes in the Nashville area are Percy Priest Lake off of I-40 and east of the airport.
North of there is Old Hickory lake in the Hendersonville area.
Further east of Nashville before you get to Cookville, Tn. is Center Hill lake, which is part of the Edgar Evans State Park. (Nice area - here and east of here you start to get into the foothills).
I think the most scenic area is south of Knoxville in the Watts Bar /Telleco dam.
Then, west of Clarksville, Tn. or northwest of Nashville is the Paris Landing State park area.
Check out a map of the Tennessee river and you'll see how it winds north / south through Tennessee and northern Alabama.
Also, an area you may be interested in is the Pickwick Lake area. Tenn/Miss border. Another part of the Tenn. River chain.
Good luck in the relocation.
Terry

by tenn01

Thank you Terry. That's exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. This will help a lot.

Travel Tips for Nashville

CMA Music Festival (formerly Fan Fair)

by TravellerMel

Held annually the second Thurs-Sun in June, the CMA Music Festival is great fun. Most of the downtown activities/concerts are FREE - several stages of live music, vendors giving free samples (Ice Cream!!), and other things to see and do. If you opt for the 4-day pass, you also get: access to the Autograph lines, where you can meet your favorite country music stars, get an autograph and have your picture taken with them; access to the photo lines at the Riverfront and LP Field stages ( right up at the stages for the best photos of your favorite artist as they perform), and access to the nightly "headliner" concerts at LP Field. Single night passes for LP Field are available for $30/night, so if you plan on attending all four nights, it is cheaper to just get the 4-day pass and get all the other stuff too.

Definitely consider attending - but if you do, remember to stay hydrated (beer doesn't count!), wear sunscreen and a hat (does not have to be a cowboy hat!), and go inside to cool off periodically. And whatever you do, DO NOT forget your camera - you never know who will be walking past you! :-)

McFadden's Bar and Grill

by butterflykizzez04 about McFadden's Bar and Grill

A very nice and very large Irish Pub right on 2nd avenue a few doors down from Coyote Ugly and a few of the other bars and eating establishments in Nashville.
I have had a few beers here and one late lunch of French Onion soup which was really good. So I can only recommend that. casual

Name says it all-order the pancakes

by gover about Pancake Pantry

There can be a long wait but we luckec out and got right in. Casual surroundings and not a place for a leisurely breakfast (someone is probably waiting for your table) but lots of great choices for pancakes. I had the Pecan Pancakes and they were very good. If you like chocolate, their chocolate chip pancakes will more than satisfy. My sister found the country ham too salty to her taste.

Titan's Play HERE!

by TravellerMel about Cross Corner Bar & Grill

A nice little sports bar - non-smoking (thank goodness). Several TVs, one big screen - and they play the Titans games! An enthusiastic crowd was gathered today to watch the Titan's defeat. The establishment served free Jello shots when the Titan's score a touchdown!

Food seems to be standard bar fare - as such, everything was "OK". Not great, not terrible, just OK. The portions are good, the prices are reasonable. In all, it's a good place to watch the game, but I don't think I would come here to hang out... The chicken tenders were tasty, and I liked the stuffed potato skins. The nachos were plentiful, but tasted like they had been warmed over.

Where it all began

by Bunsch

To borrow shamelessly (but with attribution) from Wikipedia: "The Ryman Auditorium is a 2,362-seat live performance venue best-known as the one-time home of the Grand Ole Opry.

"The auditorium first opened as the Union Gospel Tabernacle in 1892. It was built by Thomas Ryman (1843–1904), a riverboat captain and Nashville businessman who owned several saloons. Ryman conceived of the auditorium as a tabernacle for the influential revivalist Sam Jones. After Ryman's death, the Tabernacle was renamed Ryman Auditorium in his honor.

"It was used for Grand Ole Opry broadcasts from 1943 until 1974, when the Opry built a larger venue just outside Nashville at the Opryland USA theme park. The Ryman then sat mostly vacant and fell into disrepair until 1992 when Emmylou Harris and her band, the Nash Ramblers, performed a series of concerts there (the results of which appeared on her album "At the Ryman"). The Harris concerts renewed interest in restoring the Ryman, and it was reopened as an intimate performance venue and museum in 1994. Audiences at the Ryman find themselves sitting in pews, the 1994 renovation notwithstanding. The seating is a reminder of the auditorium's origins as a house of worship, hence giving it the nickname "The Mother Church of Country Music".

In 2001, the Ryman Auditorium was designated a National Historic Landmark and included in the National Register of Historic Places."

There are fascinating tours, and a gift shop featuring everything you might possibly want having to do with the Opry and the various stars who have performed at the Ryman over the years.

Comments