Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center Pigeon Forge

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Budget Friendly Lodging at Older Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2011

After a bumpy beginning, we enjoyed our stay at the Grand Resort Hotel and Convention Center.

Hubby and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a holiday weekend of hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We found the Grand Resort Hotel and Convention Center on a discount website, and for the price we thought "great!!".

We arrived around 8 pm, and it took nearly 30 minutes to get checked in - not sure why, since there were three desk clerks and we were the next person in line... While waiting, a man approached the desk to return his keys, saying there was already someone in the room...

We finally got checked in and rode the elevator to the 4th floor. As we studied the signs to see where to next, the lady who checked us in asked if we were looking for room ****. We said we were, and she replied there was already someone in that room, but if we would follow her, she would show us to our room. We followed her down the outside hallway - where the hall lights were all out - and she let us into our room.

The room was fine - clean, if a little dated. We couldn't specify room type when we booked, but we were still disappointed to find two full size beds, instead of queens. When I was single, I slept on a queen, so now that I'm married, we need at least that! But my wonderful husband just laughed and said we would be cozy this weekend. :-)

Anyway, it was still a nice weekend. The rooms were dated, and the staff needs some training, but the bed was comfortable (if small). The water pressure was great, hall lights were working by the next night, and the location is PERFECT! Right on the main drag, but still very quiet. For what we paid, I would stay there again, but I wouldn't pay more!

Unique Quality: Two swimming pools (one in the lobby, one outside). Rooms have a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer. Restaurant inside the lobby. Walking distance to several restaurants, shopping, and activities. Just about a mile to Dollywood. Hotel backs up to the Little Pigeon River - I don't know if there are fish, but there were lots of ducks! :-)

Directions: On the main drag in Pigeon Forge

The Tennessee Nightmare

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2008

This had to be the worst vacation of my life I booked my reservations on line paid and thought it was all over, but little did my family and I know it was the begining of a total disaster! When we got their we were told that the reservations we made on line didn't charge to our card that that just secured our room so we proceeded to contiune through the transaction so we get to our room and to find blood on the bathroom door boogiers on the ceiling of the shower just flat out nasty. So the maid comes in and I tell her about the mess and she does clean it up but why was it their to begin with ? We proceed to continue our vacation and go to the parks and what not and come back later that evening and the maid had thrown all of our food and and cases of drinks away thinking that we had checked out . Management said that they would give me a refund of the cost of the food and containers well what they didn't say it was going to be in coupons. We left our vacation 1 day early because we were just so miserable I get home to find that yes my card was charged twice and now they want to use the coupons they gave me for my food also for the over charge for the room.SO thay want me to say in this reveiw that they took care of me okay ye'll right more like please don't hurt my business. If you would like to have a peaceful vacation DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No I do not recommend this hotel unless you enjoy choas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not to mention I have made it back home and it is still haunting me : (

Unique Quality: Well the jacuzzi you couldn't enjoy because their was kids their that was diving babys floating in floats the water wasn't warm beacuse of the children they had to turn it down people were in just in their street clothes . The pool I guess was okay didn't really get in but looked clean.

Directions: Middle of pigeon Forge just 8 Minutes from Dollywood and splash country

4 Photos of Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center Pigeon Forge

Pigeon Forge Travel Forum

Need advice about Pigeon Forge, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Pigeon Forge and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pigeon Forge hotel reviews