2813 Rolling Hills Drive, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, 37863, United States

Travel Tips for Pigeon Forge

Bad Campground Experience

by russellfamily

"Fox Den Campground"

I would like to let my fellow travelers and campers about a very bad experience me and my family had at this campground located at 1327 Wears Valley Road in Pigeon Forge, Tn. I had just gotten into camping after I had a small stroke back i9n April 2005. I realized that my family was the most important,we enjoyed very much visiting the different campgrounds until our last experience. For my 36th birthday my family took me to this campground to relax....it was the most stressful trip I have ever had.I wound up almost having another stroke. The campground sites are very close to gether, and we had a reservation for a particular site, when we got there the manager rudely informed us that he had rented our site. When i asked him to explain all of a sudden in a very rude manner he excalimed"just put it in there". That was only the start of the stress. We were located beside a couple that apparently didn't like children, they complained about everything under the sun. Now I had previously stayed at this campground before, and had little problem with the management, but this time it was us being discriminated against for the stupidest things! This manager jumped on me for us having a fire in the grille that was provided, he said there was no fires allowed. I can't believe a person can't cookout or roast marshmallows at a campground. Then he complained we were too noisy, well as tight as the campsites were everybody could've been accused of that! He also said that no alcoholic beverages were allowed, but yet half of the campers there were drinking..... and I was never told of any rules against it, nor were any posted any where. This manager was very unproffessional, rude, and discriminating. Other campers were allowed to do whatever they wanted. Me and my family have never been complained on at a campground or hotel, we are always considerate of others, but this was absolutely ridiculous, this manager all of a sudden makes up rules according to wether he likes you or not. This campground was the worst experience me and my family have ever had, and my birthday was terrible! I hope no one else has to suffer throught an experience like this. I am currently looking for a better campground to stay at while in Pigeon Forge.

Comments