National Parks Resort Lodge

Tingo.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• miner's Profile Photo

Our home in the Smokies

The hotel has been remodeled and is beautiful. The furniture is all made of logs and looks rustic. The lobby has a large tree in the center and it gives an outdoorsy, nature look.
    We were extremely pleased with the new improved hotel. We stayed in a suite that was more expensive than we were expecting,but we were lucky to get it as they were running out of available roooms.

Unique Quality: Easy access to enter and exit.The resort had an indoor and outdoor pool,gameroom.The staff there are friendly and helpful.
    The bed heaedboards,tables,chairs,etc. are all made of logs or split logs.
    We had a beautiful view of the mountains from our window and balcony.

Directions: Traffic light # 1 in Pigeon Forge

More about National Parks Resort Lodge

A Total Nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member tlewis88

First of all we arrived a little early around 11:15 we were told none of the rooms had been cleaned so we had to wait 45 minutes untill one became available. The room was supposed to be a suite. What a total lie. Our balcony had a view of the parking lot and another fancier hotel above it. No soap in the bathroom we had to go to the front desk and ask for it, which the girl working it seemed totaly put out and irritated at our request. We recieved no wake up call. When we asked why we were told thats why we put alarm clocks in the rooms! The pool smelled strongly of chemicals, I was afraid to let my granddaughter swim in it. Plus the pool area was litered with paper cups and beer cans. I seen a cigarette butt in the indoor pool. The second night when we pulled the covers down there was a blood stain on the sheet. We called down to the front desk only to be put on hold for 5 minutes then told they would send someone up to change the sheets. It took them an hour to arrive! When i returned home i checked my bank balance the took out 60.00 more than the should i called to ask why and was told it was a bank error on my banks behalf. I called my bank they said no it is what the resort submited, was told if they fax them the information to correct it it would be done that day. I called the resort back and was treated worse than i have ever been treated in my life. They told me my bank charged interest on my purchase. I used a checking debit card! They would not correct the problem so i stopped payment on the transaction. Two days later they called and said the problem was corrected. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED OR HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE. Ill never return there or to Pigeon Forge.

Great Hotel

I really liked this hotel, it was wonderful!! The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and nice. If you are looking for a pet friendly hotel, this is it. The area set aside for your pet is well lit making you feel secure as well as being easily accessible to the hotel. I definitely hope to be able to stay in this hotel again.

I agree with the majority

by TripAdvisor Member gravey

checked into room nasty carpets. sheets looked like they hadn't been changed. called front desk they were rude and said they would send someone right up. hour latter they should up and were uncaring and rude. will never stay again.

Bait and Switch

We checked in on Christmas Day. Most hotels in Pigeon Forge have greatly reduced rates for Christmas night. The sign out front said all rooms were $24.99 - $29.99, with suites at $39.99. We were told the only rooms left were the suites. We took one, thinking we were getting something better than a regular room. The "suite" looked like a normal room to me. I asked the front desk person what the difference was between a regular room and a suite, and she said the only difference was that the suites had been remodeled, had new log furniture, and had a better view. Sorry, logs nailed together and a view of the Cracker Barrel parking lot does not a suite make. I'll try to find a hotel that is more honest.

Great value for the price

We just stayed at this hotel the weekend of Feb 18th and had a pleasant experience. We had stayed in Gatlinburg back in January in a condo and saw the marquee with the pricing on this hotel and decided to make a quick inexpensive trip back over President's Day weekend. We booked the room in advance and only paid $100 including tax for a room Saturday and Sunday nights. We were placed in a newly remodeled "suite," which was slightly wider than a normal hotel room with a loveseat,chair with ottoman, refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker and microwave. The remodeled part is apparently the log cabin furniture that each suite is furnished with. The regular rooms have not been upgraded. It does seem to be a slightly older facility, and while not luxurious it was more than sufficient for our purposes. I would definitely stay there again at that kind of rate. It is very conveniently located and we did not have any kind of service issue whatsoever.

Great Stay At The Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member COBRA

We spent another great week at the National Parks Resort Lodge. Feb. 12 thru Feb 17. We got our old room that we asked for facing the Parkway on the fourth floor. We had to cancel the week before because of weather in moutains. We are from Michigan. They gave us no hassle, girl at desk was great. You can not beat room rates this time of year. The maid service was good and room was kept clean everyday. We took in the Smith Family show across the street which is always good. We will probably be back again next Fall.

Place not bad, but have had better

We were able to check in early, before the normal check in time, which made our 7 year old son very happy. We have never stayed here before and was very impressed at first look of the lobby and pool area. When deciding whether to take a regular room or a suite, the clerk said they had a suite that we could have immediately or we would have to wait for a regular room to be cleaned. So we decided to take the suite ( wasn't really what I had in mind as a suite), the suite has 2 double beds, bath (no jacuzzi), mini fridge, microwave and color tv, and a loveseat and chair with footstool it is separated from bed area by a half-wall. The room was clean,and beds neatly made. The first visit to the pool was great, we had a wonderful time, the jacuzzi tub looked brown and I was kind of afraid of it. But folks were getting in it, so hope all was well. The second night of our stay, the neighbors next to us were loud, sounded like they were on our balcony, but that is immpossible. The inside pool however by the third day of our stay was very cloudy and you couldn't see the bottom of the pool. At the front desk you can get towels to take to the pool, which I appreciated, bathrooms are also at the pool area, and Pepsi machine. They also have a game room with pool table and video games, we did not use it but it was clean.
We did have a slight problem with our toilet, but a call to the front desk had a maintence person there within 5 minutes. Not sure if we would stay again, I guess it will depend upon the price.

Bedbugs and a filthy bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member SouthernStar5

We had a reservation at the National Parks Resort Lodge for two nights, only stayed overnight and left early the next morning, the hotel itself is very nice to look at, we were pleased until we got to our room on the fifth floor, the king bed looked like it had been made by a child, very sloppy, the glass on the door leading to the balcony had fingerprints all over it, all of this we could deal with until we went into the bathroom, the toilet bowl outside was stained with dried urine, as was the bottom of the toilet, along with quite a few hairs stuck to the bottom of the toilet, hair and pieces of toilet tissue behind the bathroom door, and a coffee pot that looked like it had never been cleaned.

We called down to the front desk and a man came up to clean the bathroom, he was very apologetic and very nice, but all this was nothing compared to being kept awake all night being bit by bedbugs, my husband and I both had bites all over our body and we found one in our sheets, I'm sure there were more somewhere, but at daylight we packed and left, we will never stay there again.

Disgusting

My thoughts fall right in line with everyone else. My family and I checked into what "looked" like a beautiful hotel. Once in the room, we were extremely shocked. The coffee pot was metal and looked filthy. I'm pretty sure it was a canteen left from the Civil War pounded into the shape of a pot. The bathroom was filthy...lint, dust, dirt and hair around the ledges. There was toilet paper and hair behind the toilet and the tub had a soap ring around the inside. The back of the toilet was also dirty. I went to the desk and complained. As someone else mentioned, the staff was very apologetic and then came to do a thorough cleaning. We also had a "suite". It consisted of two full-size beds with a sofa. I'm glad an earlier post defined suite for me, because we were so disgusted that we didn't even bother asking.

Both pools and the jacuzzi had tiles falling off. The bottom of the outdoor pool had something in the bottom that felt like gravel. The water in the jacuzzi looked orangish/brown. I didn't care to get close enough to examine it.

My 18-month old daughter's diaper leaked on the sheets and we needed a clean set. We called the front desk and explained the situation, asking for a new set. We stripped the bed, put the dirty sheets in the hallway and then left for a show. When we came back, the new sheets were laying on the bed waiting for us to put them on. I understand the we soiled the linens, but I still can't believe that the idea of "service" was so far beyond this hotel that they couldn't make the bed.

Did I mention that there is no wireless internet access???? How many hotels don't have internet access??

We will NEVER stay there again.

Comments