Red Roof Pigeon Forge

2510 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, 37862, United States
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Travelocity Hotels.com Despegar.com

More about Red Roof Pigeon Forge

Not a good night's sleep for this family!

by TripAdvisor Member indycml

We booked two nights here for a family trip on our way to Myrtle Beach. We planned to do a day here since it was halfway to the coast. Part of the reason we booked here is that Red Roof is doing a lot of advertisement regarding "newly renovated" rooms. However, if you read the fine print, you will find that it only applies to some hotels and certainly not the one in Pigeon Forge. It is dated and surely in need of renovation (at least our room).

We arrived about 9:00 in the evening, planning to get a good night's sleep to enjoy the following day in Pigeon Forge. The room we were given was awful! Immediately, I noticed that it smelled damp and musty. I quickly noticed that they had "damp rid" bags hanging in the open that were full of water.....gross.

The sheets were damp and the smell allowed for little sleep for myself (allergies activated immediately). In addition, the bathroom had no vent fan to help with the problem.

To make matters worse, we were given a room near the indoor pool which was very loud. We went to the front desk and were told the pool would close at midnight so that we could sleep!

Needless to say, we checked out after just one night. There were no problems in checking out early.

This was my first experience at a Red Roof and will be the last.

Clean, Comfortable, and Affordable

by TripAdvisor Member roamso

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee over the 4th of July holiday. We were there for 3 nights, and enjoyed our stay. I am very picky about cleanliness, and I was very pleased with our room. The bathroom was clean, as was our bedding. Ice and vending machines were conveniently located as was the guest laundry which we used. We enjoyed the pool as well. We would stay there again and would recommend it to family.

OVERPRICED!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bradkw77

My girlfriend and I visited in mid-June and was not what I expected. I read the great reviews some had here before but not for us. First off you can hear the toliets flush in the rooms beside you which became annoying. They were at time fixing things in the hallway which sounded like they were right in the room with me which helped with taking a nap. The breakfast was below average which was cereal, a brick for a bagel and a toaster that toasted your bread just on one side. The hotel had one elevator that covered 5 floors which we were on the 4th floor and at times we had to wait 10-15 minutes to get to the first floor. We got a nice workout using the stairs for the most part. Last but not least they bill you when you leave and I was charged the first night we stayed twice which was Saturday which cost more. Luckily I caught it before we left for home and I had to go back in for a refund. I hope everyone else has better luck.

Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member deano28

This particular location was very clean. I loved the microwave and fridge in the room! It saved my friends and I from eating out every night. The 24 hour HEATED pool was a great ending to all of our nights. Very reasonable rates during my stay the past Easter weekend. Can't wait to return next April!

Nice clean hotel / Bad handicapped facilities

by TripAdvisor Member Disneyluvrs2006

While on a very hot Myrtle Beach trip we gave up early and headed north looking for cooler weather. We checked in late as walk-ins and found a very clean hotel with very friendly staff. Our only problem was wheelchair accessibility. Our handicapped room was on the top floor, which in the event of a fire I would have to find a way to carry my wife down five flights of stairs. Secondly the wide door in the bathroom opened against the tub, so the only way to access the tub from a wheelchair was to wheel to the toilet, transfer to it while I wheeled the chair out of the bathroom, then I had to carry her to the tub. Other than that we were very pleased with everything else, but because of the bathroom we will not go back.

Red Roof Inn Nice place central located.

by TripAdvisor Member buchster1

had stayed there several years ago. we took our 8 year old granddaughter this time. She loved the swimming pool& the fridge,etc. in our room.Nice friendly people there.Had no problems with anything!!

Great time at Red Roof

by TripAdvisor Member GAtravelerATL

My husband, 3 year old daughter and I spent this past weekend (Friday - Sunday) at the Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN. This was a wonderful family hotel in a great location. We were within walking distance of a shopping center and restaurant, and within close driving distance of everything we could possibly want to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. There were brochures with discount coupons waiting for us in the room after we checked in. The accomodations themselves were perfect. We booked a room with a king-size bed, and there was a pull-out sofa in the room as well for our daughter. There was a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker in our room, and these are very convenient things to have when you are traveling with kids. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi on the property that are open 24 hours, which is also a great thing to have when you are traveling with kids. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a problem getting the remote control for our TV to work, and within 2 minutes of a call to the front desk there was someone in our room to fix it. The continental breakfast was great, too. It was actually a pretty substantial spread - biscuits and gravy, cereal, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, bagels, mini-muffins - definitely something for everyone, and plenty of it. I don't have one bad thing to say about my experience at this hotel!

Good for families

by TripAdvisor Member kyblue2

We stayed in the kids suite. It included a master bedroom with jacuzzi and a livingroom with bunkbeds and a nintendo 64. It also had a dvd player and vcr. It included a ref. and micr. The room was very clean. Checking in took awhile. The staff was efficient but not very friendly. The indoor pool was average size but the water was nice and warm. They didnot have an outdoor pool. The continental breakfast was just the basics. Overall it was okay experience. Though the room was very nice.

The best hotel we've ever stayed in. Period.

by TripAdvisor Member ariaiji

After staying six nights at the Econo Lodge Riverside (which, was a very disappointing hotel experience), coming to stay one night at the Red Roof Inn was a huge treat. I totally regret not being able to stay here during during our week-long trip.

I booked our reservation on the website, and was very pleased to see that for a king-bed suite, it was only $44.99/night. When we checked in, the front-desk was very kind and welcoming, and even gave us a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer at a local restaurant. We were told that if we needed anything to call the front desk immediately. The lobby was stunning-all decorated for the holidays and was warm and inviting with a fireplace and sofa area.

The Red Roof Inn has five floors. Our room was on the second floor. When you're walking down the spacious hallways, it's as if you're walking down a five-star grand hotel. The carpets are burgundy and gold, with several end-tables at each intersection adorned with beautiful statues and gold sculptures.

Our room, as you can see from the photos, was a very generous size. To the immediate left was a very large bathroom (The shower had excellent water pressure). Next to the bathroom was the area with the microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. THEN came the actual room itself :) We had a king size bed, which felt like luxury. There was a 27" TV on a dark-cherry wood bureau. Also, there was a casual table with comfortable padded chairs. As if that wasn't nice enough, we even had a couch that could fold out into a bed! Great for extra guests. The room was perfect. Clean, EXTREMELY spacious, and it felt warm and cozy.

The indoor pool is open 24 hours. We went in the pool after spending all day outside in below freeing weather, and it was so relaxing. The pool felt like bath water, and the hot tub melted away all the stress!

They offer free breakfast, as well. Unlike other hotels that just offer bagels and cereal, this place had a selection of biscuits and gravy, muffins, toast with jelly, bagels and cream cheese, coffee, tea, juice, milk, fruit, hot and cold cereal and oats...it was great.

The only one small downside: Those traveling on business will be stranded due to the fact that that they don't have free wireless internet. They have one computer in the lobby, and that's all.

My husband and I are planning to stay here when we come back next year. It's incredibly affordable, and the royal treatment and wonderful amenities are absolutely wonderful. I regret only staying here one night--I didn't want to leave after only one night! I highly recommend this hotel to ANYONE--book now!

Enjoyed our stay at the Red Roof

by TripAdvisor Member Brenda55

The Red Roof was offering a "Winterfest Special " of 39.99 a night Sunday through Thursday. I cannot tell you the last time I was able to stay in Pigeon Forge for 39.99 a night.
When we entered the hotel the staff was very friendly and helpful. As you enter they have a fireplace across from the information desk. Decorated beautiful for the holiday season. Our room was on the 4th floor. Very nice room. Updated furniture. Refrig. Microwave. One thing they didn't have was an iron. We could have used that. They offer a free breakfast. Very nice large breakfast area. Maintained well. They had biscuits and gravy,bagels,muffins,instant oatmeal,grits.toast,coffee,juice.fruit cocktail.fruit. They have a very nice indoor pool. The pool was open 24 hours a day.I would love to stay at the Red Roof again.

Comments