River Chase Motel

3709 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, 37863, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• worst ever

This was the most horrible place ever. We stayed due to the looks on the computer and the outside of the building. Well the carpet in the room is NASTY! the indoor pool is not heated and only goes up to 4 feet. The only thing i see nice is the hot tub. The slide looks like pee water going down. The floor in the bathroom looks as if it has not been mopped in mths. Ugh!!!!! Never will we stay again. This is the nastiest place ever!!!!

More about River Chase Motel

will never stay there again

We stayed there in 2005 the night the fire started.They gave us a free night to come back.I called before hand to see f the pool and hot tub were available.The front desk said yes.I explained that we were coming from 4 hours away.When we got there to our suprise the hot tub was cold and not working.They staff tried to lie about the fact that it had been broke all day.The guests in the pool area told us that it had been broke.We will not return.It was bad enough the night of the fire.

Gross

The hotel rooms are gross. They have mold in the bathroom and the showers leak and do not drain well. The waterslide inside is great. It has a great location though. But, do not let the outside fool you.

I thought Remodeling would have changed things, dirty rooms

As we arrived I first noticed the soap from the previous guests was still in the bathtub, as well as a lot of hair. When I turned the bed down to place my sleeping children in, I noticed a hair. I looked a little closer and the bed was full of hair and appeared to not have been changed from the last guest. We notified the front desk and she gave us clean sheets and said she would let the manager know. The next day my husband spoke to another lady at the front desk and she said that house keeping must have just got in a hurry. She acted as if was no big deal. We never got to actually speak to the manager, not that it would have helped.

Hated it! Never again will I ever stay there.

First of all, we were treated very rude by the night manager when we checked in. I felt very disappointed in the service and treatment given upon arrival. The room smelled very bad...kind of a musky smell. I would never recommend this motel to anyone...even my worst enemies. A vacation should be a time of peace and relaxation...you should not have to worry with disgusting motel rooms and rude people!!!

I fell, and hurt myself, because of remoldeing down the stairs at night

I fell down the stairs because there was no light at night (2 of the outside lights were out,) and could not see the last step! I was holding my 2 year old daughter and landed on her foot. Thank goodness she was not hurt, but I am badly bruised! My husband also missed the last step earlier that night, but didn't warn me! He couldn't see the last step at all, neither could I.

I told the front desk and they were apologetic, but couldn't fix the light because they were remolding!

Terrible, most pathetic remodeling job ever.....

by TripAdvisor Member Lissa68

When I made this reservation, I requested a non-smoking room.
The office staff assured me that our room would be non-smoking. Once, we entered the room you could immediately tell that the room had been heavily smoked in. The vanity mirror was broken and left that way. Mold was under the sink area. My kids were interested in going for a swim after our long drive. So, they changed clothes and we headed downstairs to the pools and to say something about the room to the front desk. We were told that the room we had been given was indeed a smoking room up until two weeks ago when they put a sign on the door to say it was now a non-smoking room. You can not just change signs and expect the smell to disappear without extensive cleaning!!
The front desk gave us another room. We moved all our luggage to our new room, which appeared better, but the bathtub faucet had a steady stream of water coming out, mold was still under the bathroom sink area, and the overall cleanliness was not good. We thought at this point we would just make the best of it, but little did we know what was in store. After spending some time shopping and riding rides with the kids, we headed back to the hotel around 12:30 a.m.. We couldn't get the key to our room to open the door. My husband, myself, and several other guests of the hotel, who were passing by, all tried to get the key to open the door. It wouldn't work!!!!! We proceeded downstairs to the front desk only to find all the doors locked and no one there. There was not an emergency phone number on any of the doors. Our only option was to contact the police. My son, 4 yrs old, had allergy medicine in the room that we had to get to. The police finally arrived and after much searching he got a phone number to contact the manager/owner of the hotel. After approximately 30 minutes he arrived. My husband ask him what he planned on doing to make this situation right. The manager laughed, stating we had locked ourselves out of our room and he didn't plan on doing anything. It was our fault even though we were standing there holding a key that they had given us to enter the room. I was furious. We demanded our money back. He stated he would only give our money back for the next 2 nights not that night. After, much arguing we finally got all our money, pick up our luggage after he reprogramed the key, and left the hotel in such of another place to stay at 2:00 a.m.
We have been coming to Pigeon Forge for years and I have never had a more miserable experience. Do NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Hopefully the renovation will continue

by TripAdvisor Member malblair

We stayed here for 3 nights while vacationing in the area with 2 young kids. The hotel is in the midst of renovations but there is still a lot of work to do. The rooms are small. There are places in the room where fixtures have been removed and not painted over. There was drywall mud in the bathtub and bathroom floor. The furnishings are nice and new but the bed was uncomfortable. The swimming pool area won the kids over. 2 pools both with big water slides although the chlorine smell in the lobby was pretty overwhelming. There is a microwave and a surprisingly large fridge which is convenient. The location is adjacent to the main entry for Dollywood...convenient if you are visiting Dollywood but a traffic headache otherwise. The elevator is downright dirty. Overall, there are good and bad points to this hotel.

Aweful, don't stay here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vcurren

My son was lured by the outside look of this hotel and the pool. We were told that the hotel was pet free but when we arrived at the room, it reeked of cat urine. It appeared as though the tenants tried to mask the scent but sorry that never works and recarpeting is the only answer. We were then offered another room after complaining but it had no TV and was not smoke free. There were a lot of people outside of the hotel at the late hour that we arrived. They were definitely not the kind of people that I wanted my kids to see. At that point, we decided to pack up and leave for home. This hotel is not worth the $120 that we were charged. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

Dirty! Dirty! Dirty!

by TripAdvisor Member radman70

By far the worst room I have ever stayed in. I had to go to wal-mart and by cleaning supplies and cleaned the bathroom myself before I would let my family use it. Toliet did not flush / shower would not drain.

We stay here every chance

by TripAdvisor Member piglet75tigger

We have stayed several different places, we went here on our own. I believe that people writing these reviews are expecting too much for the rate they pay. The price of this motel matches what you get. We are a low income family and stay here every chance we get, we have never had a dirty room, and my child requests going here for the slides. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this motel. My mother and sister-n-law work as housekeeping in different motels, and approve of the motel's quality. Besides that you can't beat the location write next to a theme park and waterpark. Don't pay attention to these other reviews. It is not an extravagant motel or 4 star quality, but if you are looking for a reasonable rate for a medium quality motel, you'll love this place!!! And I don't even have to tell you how much the kids love it!!!!

Comments