Shular Inn

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Clean and comfortable

My sister and I stayed at the Shular Inn for 2 nights while visiting Pigeon Forge to attend a family reunion. I selected it because other user comments on other sites were generally favorable and it was near the site of the reunion. I was impressed with the Shular - it was clean and smelled fresh and the beds were very comfortable. I usually rise very early and on my first night I slept until 9am! They serve a hot buffet breakfast that exceeded expectations - sausage, eggs, grits, gravy - that kept us full most of the day. The only beef I have is that the bathrooms are really small and the towels are a bit skimpy (I usually bring my own). I thought it was a good value and would stay there again.

Unique Quality: The Shular has both an indoor and outdoor pool. Nice breakfast buffet.

Directions: On the strip south of Wears Valley Road.

• biggyone's Profile Photo

Great place to stay

The only thing this motel lacks are balconies. Visit Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg usually three times a year. I try to look around to try different lodging experiences. Just returned from five days at the Shular and I both will return and recommend this motel to others.

Directions: Just past Wears Valley Rd and withing walking distance of all the interesting things on the north side of town.

More about Shular Inn

A Good Nights' Sleep

We are not world travelers but we do try to get away for long weekends several times a year and since Pigeon Forge is not so far away that is usually our choice. We both suffer from back pain and have found the accommendations at the Shular Inn to be great. Trust me we have tried many other hotels and we find ourselves right back at the Inn.

Roach City and Nasty

My Husband and I stayed at MOSS POINT, MS hotel and when I first walked in there was a fogger still in the floor ) trying to kill all the nasty bugs in the hotel). Well that was gross but not as gross as the bathroom. There was so much mold around the chaulking of the bathtub it was the most grossest thing I have ever seen. We will never stay in a Shular Inn again or anything with Shular in the name. thanks and u r now informed on Shular Inns.

Very nice as always

by TripAdvisor Member suziekitty

I chose Shular Inn Pigeon Forge for spring break. I like to return there because I never have problems. The heated pool was very heated unlike most hotels. The staff was EXCELLENT as always and it is always very clean. I wouldn't choose to stay close to the pool anymore because of the noise, but I always have fast checkin fast checkout and courteous staff. Thanks again, A. Cunningham

A great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member anitalove

My kids and I went to Smoky MTN. and I had thought we would get a place to stay in Gatlinburg, but the weather man was wrong and it was cold outside (well to cold for an outdoor pool) So we shopped around for nice place in Gatlinburg but decided to give Pigeon Forge a try. My husband and I had stayed at the Shular INN about 5 years ago and Loved It. So it was my first stop and I was glad I did. The price was GREAT the room was very clean. The pool area could use some little cleaning, but my children Loved it and we had a fantastic time.

Overall, a nice place to stay.

My family and I have stayed in Shular Inn before, several times, and the hotel was always a nice place to stay. We wanted to stay in Park Tower Inn, our personal family favorite in Pigeon Forge, but unfortunatley it was booked on June 14th, so we decided to stay in Shular. We had a jacuzzi suite on the top floor, overlooking the outdoor pool. The rates were good, just about $89 for a room with a jacuzzi per night. We had a nice peaceful stay and I loved the view of the mountains from our room. The amenities are worth speaking for...iron/ironing board, mini refrigerator, microwave, and hair dryer...saves you from having to bring some of those from home. The outdoor pool was large with a hot tub and kiddie pool for the tots. We didn't go to the indoor pool during this stay but I've been there before and as far as I can remember it was nice. If you want a private balcony, don't stay here, unfortunatley Shular doesn't have them that I know of and only the fifth floor has indoor corridors. There are two different buildings for Shular and one of them even has a rooftop lookout. I do wish our room would have been larger, but overall this was a nice place to stay.

staff is unfriendly

My family and I stayed at the shular inn and everything was ok until I got home and noticed that a credit for 1 nights stay did not appear on my credit card(also I was not given a detailed bill when I left). When I called for them to fax me a copy of the bill, I noticed an error. I called them back and could not get them to look at my bill to verify what I was saying. I asked for a manager and was connected to joyce. Joyce would not say she was a manager. All she would say is I can help you. After insisting a number of times to talk to a manager than she said " I am a manager". Ok, why not tell me that when I asked the first time? ( I don't think she was a manager, only trying to protect themselves). I could not get her to look at the bill either. I was faxed a non readable credit which I doubt was sent to my credit card co. because the credit has not been posted on my card. I invite the management to contact me to settle this dispute. My phone number is in your records

Disappointed stay

We have stayed many times at the Schular over the past several years and have been completely satisfied until out trip this past August. The outside sauna was broke the entire time we were there and we were told such nonsensical things as, "There were too many people in there during the day and it brought the temperature down", and "It is going to take several hours for the temperature to increase". The inside sauna was also broken and on one occasion we had to call and ask that the security lights in our parking area be turned on, which took another hour to be done. I wrote a letter to the inn to let them know of the poor service we received and they never contacted me back. I guess nothing has changed since our stay there in August. Needless to say, I will find other accomodations for my next trip to Pigeon Forge and would never recommend their establishment again.

Very Pleasant Stay

by TripAdvisor Member moonchild7260

Nice, Clean, Quiet Room. My husband and I stayed there in Sept. 2004. We really enjoyed the outside heated pool and it also had a large hot tub that was really nice. Very clean. Our room was reasonably priced for a king room with mirrored jacuzzi. Clean bathroom and also daily maid service. Would definitely stay there again.
A very enjoyable stay, conveniently located to shopping and restaurants, Also easy acess to shows such as The Comedy Barn and the Elvis Museum.

Theft and Terrible Service

by TripAdvisor Member Dolphingirl28

There were four adults that were staying in adjoining rooms at the Shulur Inn in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Upon arrival, we decided to go to the pool, after unpacking. When we returned to our room, we noticed that money was missing. The next day we noticed that one person had credit cards, three checks were missing; Another person had an ATM card missing and the other two people have checks missing. When we notified the desk we got a hateful response and we were; in not so many terms called liers, that nothing could have been stolen from our room. However, that was the ONLY TIME that "THE THEIVES" could have hit all of us at the same time. The ONLY help we received from the desk, was that they called the Police. SO, WHOEVER READS THIS..PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOTEL TO STAY AT!!!!!! THEY NEED BETTER MANGEMENT AND SECURITY MEASURES. No one shoudl be called a liar especially in a case like this.

Comments