Legacy Mountain Resort

Tags

Family Travel Aquarium Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 8, 2012

We checked into this cabin and did not stay at all. There is a NO REFUND policy that under no circumstances will you EVER receive a refund if you are not satisfied and when I say not satisfied, I dont mean that you you donet like it, I been even if its there fault, you will be out of your money. We rented the Beary Believeable for our family vacation. It was NASTY! We arrived and the cabin was HOT!!! Walked in the door, the stove top was dirty, the floors were nasty, the carpet stink and was dirty, they were dead snails all over the fllors including other peasants that were flying in the cabin. Our kids were bitten. There was a dead bird on the sauna. There were dead insects inside of it floating in the water. The furniture was dusty and you could rub across the wood tables and see dirt on your fingers. The floors were not vaccumed. The patios were not cleaned for guest arrival. There were spider webs on the inside and outside of the cabin everywhere. We had to stand outside for a while waiting on the cabin to cool off because it was so hot, it felt as if you could have a heat stroke. We were called and told that our cabin was ready right before we arrive. Once complained, the housekeeping pulled up in a blue van with no seats it appeared and they were just sitting al over what seemed to be sheets and towels thrown in the van. We called customer to have it cleaned while we wait after driving all these hours tired and hungry. They got out with a bottle of blue stuff to clean the cabin! Thats it. We stated that we were told that the cabin was just prepared for us this morning and we were told by the housekeeping they cleaned it 10 days ago. 10 days. We were told it was ready this morning. He sattes they dont clean in between rentals. Then as we showed them what needed to be cleaned and all of our concerns because we came with small children, they got attitiudes and told us what they would not clean. One of the housekeeping chunked a water house down on the patio porch in which I got wet as he sling water everywhere out of the sauna to get out bugs and he got mad and stormed upstairs where my mom was who is 55. She tried to show him what needed to be done and he got an attitiude threw down a broom and told her that he doesnt do certain things and they walked out and slammed the door. We spent $1200 on this cabin. Basically if we were to stay, we would have to clean it first which would have cost us an whole day. The laundry room was full of dead snails all over the floor as so were a few in the bathrooms along with other dead things which you knew were dead for several days. They dont go in and make sure the place is prepared or you upon arrival. We checked in on Monday and we left immediately after the incident with housekeeping because customer service was no help. They keep the doors to the office locked and you cant get in. We talked to 5 different people including s supervisor who basically told us we cant get our money back no matter what. We told them about the rude housekeeping and basically they didnt care at all. It was basically we ot your money, your on your own. Our vacation was ruined, we had to go out and spend more money for a family of 12 to stay. We asked for a call Monday, no one returned my call the whole week. I requested a call from the main supervisor. Nothing. I finally called back after the return of the trip on Friday and finally the head manager called me back. He basically called us liars stating that his housekeepers have worked for him 13 years. He also basically say that no matter what the problem was, they have our monry rather we stayed or not and it didnt matter what issues we have, we were just out of luck. There was no use trying to inform him of anything, it wouldnt change a thing. He also stated that he was aware of this issue Monday when it happened and I guess he wasnt going to bother calling me back at all because I had to call him and leave a personal message before he evn called back. The general manager has an i dont care attitude and hes non chalant, has no feelings and is bias with his staff. He stands behind the behavior of his housekeeping and under no circumstances cared about what we told him happened. He just took up for them. There was no remorse at all. In fact he basically tried to cover it up by saying I rented a cabin the mountains. What should I expect. This is absurd. They didnt prepare this cabin at all for our arrival. It was cleaned so they say 10 days prior after the last guest checked out before. However, in calling customer service, they were acting like this cabin is so booked that when we asked about early check in prior to coming in, it was like I have to check and see and make sure it is ready for you guys. However, no one had been there and basically it was already ready. They called the morning of and stated your cabin is now ready as if it was just cleaned and prepared. O by the way, I was driving on the interstate when she called to tel us the cabin was ready and she stated she would give me the directions in. I asked her if she could give my husband the directions so that he could write them down since I was driving and she stated no I have to give them to you since you made the reservation. WHAT? Maam I am driving, I cant write. Then to take my security deposit,I asked if my husband could read my card information, again because I was driving, she stated no, you have to read it because you are the one on the reservation. I gave permission, Im driving, again the same thing. I had to keep repeating everything she stated trying to drive through th mountains coming through Knoxville, I had to just get directions from Onstar. They made this a nightmare! It was just so much to even continue! If you are a trifling person who doesnt like to be clean, neat, healthy and want to live, this the perfect place for you! This is what you get. If you are nasty, you will love this place. If you have small children that dont care and you like to eat out of nasty dishes and you just settle for anything and love to give money away, this is absolutely the place in the world for you to stay. If you like to be treated like a peasnat and a fool, then you should definetely stay here. If you want to be talked to like youre stupid, stay here. If you just need a place to stay and you live homeless, then you dont mind living here because you cant complain about what you get, its more than you had. We are now out of $1200. Never stayed one night. They didnt try to do anything after the housekeepers refused to clean and walked off the site. No manager called or came to the site to see what was going on or even check it out. It was basically, you stay at your own risk. We couldnt do it because if the cabin was nasty, I was afraid to even sleep in the beds because looking at the way housekeeping cleaned up, I didnt even if the sheets were changed or if someone slept in it and they made it back up. The stuff in their van was just thrown in there and they sat all over it. Who cleans with a bottle of blue stuss that looked like water down windex. Im sory if you are a person who just wants a nice clean place to enjoy your vacation, this is not the place for you. You will regret it! These people have no respect a person and do not care rather you are satsified or not, they will take your money. Its not like we got there and said we wanted a refund because we dont like it. It appeared to be a nice place for the family if it was cleaned up, smelled good, was sprayed and properlty prepared for guest upon arrival but it wasnt. They wanted us to just stay there and deal with it, clean it up ourselves or go ahead and start the vacation and wait on them to do things daily to fix it. This was our vacation. We brought groceries and everything and customer service had the nerve to tell me to go out and eat or do something else while waiting on housekeeping at first because they had no idea when they would arrive. REALLY? TRUST ME, IF YOU ARE EVEN A SLIGHTLY DECENT PERSON and care about your well being especially for kids, DONT STAY HERE! There is no telling whats inside these cabins that could be harmful. They do not take any pride in their property. O and by the way, we didnt just try to leave upon arrival, we asked if they had anything else available and ready that we could just move into that was cleaned and ready and was told there was nothing else available and basically we rented this cabin and that was it! We have pictures of all of this. If you are interested in seeing the mess, leave a message, I will show then to you and that everything I have stated plus some is true! Im going to post this every where I can and contact the BBB! Maybe smaller cabins are better snce there isnt much to clean, I dont know, they didnt allow us to see anything else. The people statting how awesome there stay was, maybe they dont expect much for their money or are just content with anything or dont mind doing extra to make their stay ok, but if I spend my money, I at least expect great customer service in getting my issues resolved and a sense of remorse to help us solve the situation and not to be avilded and passed along to every one. I guess as long as you dont have anything to say, you do have a pleasant stay..... NOT US! Because we were not happy upon walking in to this funk and disaster, we were treated like we didnt even exist!

Terrible!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 1, 2012

We rented the cabin Greenbriar from Legacy Mountain for New Years 2011. Upon arrival we were asked to pay for entire stay before checking out the cabin, and being sure it was acceptable. I will never again do this... Once we went to bed the first night we realized there were only 3 blankets for 4 beds, and also 4 towels for 5 people. We called maintenace, and were told these items were on their way. The towels and blankets never arrived for 2 nights, and repeated calls were made with the same response. The morning of the of our second day I noticed used kleenexs had been left in between the frame of the bed and the mattress. YUCK!!!!! There is no way that the linens could have been changed without noticing these. I called the rental office and was told that housekeeping would be making a visit to our cabin immediately (although no time was given) and that they would remedy the situation. Since we knew that the housekeeping staff would be in our cabin we took our electronics that our children had brought with us for the trip for safe keeping. Upon return to the cabin at 5 pm that night we realized that it had been robbed!!! The front window had been pried open, and the front door to the cabin was wide open. The flat screen tv was gone as well as the dvd player. Our things had been riffled thru, but thankfully nothing was taken of ours. This was a very unsettling thing to us, and we immediately called the rental office to ask to be moved to another cabin. We were put in touch with Ginger the manager on duty, and told that we could not move to another cabin as they were all full, but we could get a refund if we wanted to leave at that time. We were unable to find other accomodations as it was a holiday weekend, so we opted to stay in the cabin, and told by Ginger that we would be contacted in the morning regarding replacement of the tv and compensation for our troubles. The next morning no call... no towels, no blankets!! I called the office around noon to find that we would not be getting a tv, and also no compensation for the situation as the company plainly stated that there are no refunds. How convenient for them.... I informed them that I would be disputing the charges on my credit card, and that this was not acceptable. Customer Service was less than helpful our entire visit, asked us to wait for the police to come to make a report, sent a maintenance man to meet with us who was very nice but also informed us that this has happened before and that they property mgmt was aware of this.

We will never stay at Legacy Mtn Cabins again, and DO NOT RECOMMEND them for anyone wanting a secure, comfortable vacation.

Nearby Legacy Mountain Resort

Legacy Mountain Resort

• Legacy Mountain Hotel Sevierville

Address: 1735 Upper Middle Creek Road, Sevierville, Tennessee, 37876, United States

Amenities at Legacy Mountain Resort

• Swimming Pool
  • Fitness Center
  • Free Parking

Sevierville Travel Forum

Need advice about Sevierville, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Sevierville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sevierville hotel reviews