Sugar Maple Cabins

Tags

Camping Road Trip Hiking and Walking

Sugar Maple Cabins

by written on November 15, 2012

When I arrived at my cabin, there were dead bugs everywhere, a huge hairball, hair on the pillows...just to name a few. The photos on the website showed gorgeous bathrooms, but when we got there they had scum on the walls and floors and smelled of mold. The management company apparently sent a cleaning crew, but the only thing resolved was the hairball was gone. The scum which looked like blood on the wall was still there, along with the gunk on the floor. They refused to send anyone out again to check on the smell in the bathroom. The smell was so awful we actually left early. Take the advice of someone who wasted money and stay elsewhere!!!!

don't go there

by written on July 25, 2012

this cabin has 4 levels, 8 bedrooms and we had 8 couples. The cabin was a mess - filthy carpeting, moldy showers, water leaking throughthe ceiling, 4 broken televisions, broken furniture, etc.
It was bad, bad, bad. The management does nothing except say we are so sorry. I would never recommend this company for rentals.

Unique Quality: the potential was there; we saw newer cabins in decent repair, but apparently they do nothing to maintain the cabins.

Directions: cabins are located at Black Bear Ridge development

Pool and a Movie 1

by written on July 23, 2012

My family from Illinois and Alabama came to stay at Sugar Maple Cabins the Pool and a Movie 1
It was to hold 24 people, and it did, but was the most disgusting filthy, cockroaches and mold around the pool. The pictures on the website do not do the truthly justice of this place. The pool was so molding around the water, stunk so bad. There was not enough dishes and pans to accomodate that amount of people, we had to buy extra skillets and pans to cook. The tv did not work, we called them the very first day and everyday thereafter. They said they would call us and let us know when it was fixed. They never did tell us. There was bugs in light fixtures, cracks in the floors, dirt everywhere, and the back deck railing was so loose, we was scared to let our kids out there for the hot tub because of it. I would never recommend this company for anything, they were poor in all aspects. I rate this cabin and company a 1 out of 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

no1ref's Profile Photo

Totally Disappointed, No Service No response to us

by written on July 18, 2012

There is nothing good to say about Sugar Maple Cabinc and the Mount LeConte cabin. We booked a 6 night stay here. We arrived to find limited silver ware. There was only 1 teaspoon for the 6 childern. We purchased some plastic ware. The cooking supplies pots and pans were very limited. Either too small or too big. We purchassed some cookie sheets.

We called the office to repair these items and received no response. Ooh by the way we called on Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They did come out to fix the smoke detector but could not so they took it and never returned with a working one.

Here is a list of other problems:

1. Carpet tacks - two rooms had tacks sticking up. 3 of the kids cut their toes. We placed wash clothes on the floor to cover them up.

2. Smoke detector- chirped. Maint man came and took it and never came back. Exposed wires on wall the entire stay.

3. Couch- broken with a wood board exposed. Only 1 person could sit on couch and it was uncomfortable. Seating was supposed to be for 6, and only 3 people were able to be seated comfortably.

4. AC return vent - dust and dirt attached to it. Wasn't cleaned at all.

5. Silverware- there were no regular sized spoons or metal cooking utensils. We had to BBQ with forks.

Unique Quality: Dirt

Do not rent with them!!!!!

by written on October 25, 2011

After arriving at our cabin we realized that we were short a few towels and washcloths. Inconvienent but not a huge deal, we would have to wash some sooner. When everyone got ready for bed, we went to find sheets to go on the two sofa beds for our four children to sleep. There was one flat sheet, one fitted sheet total for both beds and no pillow cases. We called customer service immediately, only to be told that housekeeping was gone and there was nothing that they could do except put in a ticket for the next day. That did not help give me a place to sleep my children. When we decided to pull the top sheet from the two king beds so that the kids would have something to sleep on, we found that one of the king beds did not even have a flat sheet. So the girls ended up with the one set of sheets, two nasty pillows with no cases and the boys had a flat sheet to cover the matress and two nasty pillows with no cases. I called back early on Sat. morning to include the needed king sheets on the housekeeping ticket. When we arrived back at the cabin later that day we had received nothing. I immediately called and I was told that housekeeping was short staffed and they have over 1,000 cabins. Once again this does not help my kids have a decent place to sleep. Once the customer service person investigated further he told me that the wrong kind of ticket was placed and that it did not even go to housekeeping. He said that he would hang up and call housekeeping. After an hour I called back to see if someone was bringing sheets and he told me that no one answered the phone and they must be gone for the day. Needless to say we did not receive any sheets. We rented a cabin that supposedly slept eight people but only had complete bedding for two. When I finally got in touch with the customer service supervisor she told me that she could offer me a voucher for one night and a 15% discount on additional nights. I told her that was not acceptable and I needed to talk to her boss. She told me that her boss would just tell me that same thing. I did talk to her boss who was told me the same thing. I then attempted to call the general manager for one week. I let him a voicemail message everyday for six days and he has yet to return my call. I decided to try the supervisor back who would not answer any of my questions but would only say, "I do apologize" and then hung up on me.These people do not know anything about customer service. They are only out to make money.

Great Cabin, Scary road

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 22, 2011

We stayed at Morning View Manor. I had also read some of the reviews on the place, so I was a little leery. However our cabin was great. We had about 20 people and plenty of rooms and bathrooms and porches for all. There were two stoves, two ovens, two refrigerators, and two dishwashers. There was lots of plates, silverware and glassware and plenty of clean linens and towels. We had an enjoyable time. Minor problems- incomplete directions to the house, Sugar Maple Cabins should update it. Also because of bears, they have caged trash but really only big enough for two modest sized cans, not sufficient for a house of this size. Also more pots pans and utensils would have been great. The road to the house is a little scary if you have not driven in mountains before.
Slight aside, be aware that you cannot buy wine in the grocery stores in this county. They have little wineries which seem tricky and unnecessary, don't think you can buy a single bottle of wine at them.
Overall a good experience for our family.

7 Photos of Sugar Maple Cabins

Sevierville Travel Forum

Need advice about Sevierville, Tennessee? Visit the Travel Forum for Sevierville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sevierville hotel reviews