Sugar Maple Cabins

1735 Upper Middle Creek Rd., Sevierville, Tennessee, 37876, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • Sugar Maple Cabins

When I arrived at my cabin, there were dead bugs everywhere, a huge hairball, hair on the pillows...just to name a few. The photos on the website showed gorgeous bathrooms, but when we got there they had scum on the walls and floors and smelled of mold. The management company apparently sent a cleaning crew, but the only thing resolved was the hairball was gone. The scum which looked like blood on the wall was still there, along with the gunk on the floor. They refused to send anyone out again to check on the smell in the bathroom. The smell was so awful we actually left early. Take the advice of someone who wasted money and stay elsewhere!!!!

• don't go there

this cabin has 4 levels, 8 bedrooms and we had 8 couples. The cabin was a mess - filthy carpeting, moldy showers, water leaking throughthe ceiling, 4 broken televisions, broken furniture, etc.
    It was bad, bad, bad. The management does nothing except say we are so sorry. I would never recommend this company for rentals.

Unique Quality: the potential was there; we saw newer cabins in decent repair, but apparently they do nothing to maintain the cabins.

Directions: cabins are located at Black Bear Ridge development

• Pool and a Movie 1

My family from Illinois and Alabama came to stay at Sugar Maple Cabins the Pool and a Movie 1
    It was to hold 24 people, and it did, but was the most disgusting filthy, cockroaches and mold around the pool. The pictures on the website do not do the truthly justice of this place. The pool was so molding around the water, stunk so bad. There was not enough dishes and pans to accomodate that amount of people, we had to buy extra skillets and pans to cook. The tv did not work, we called them the very first day and everyday thereafter. They said they would call us and let us know when it was fixed. They never did tell us. There was bugs in light fixtures, cracks in the floors, dirt everywhere, and the back deck railing was so loose, we was scared to let our kids out there for the hot tub because of it. I would never recommend this company for anything, they were poor in all aspects. I rate this cabin and company a 1 out of 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

• no1ref's Profile Photo

Totally Disappointed, No Service No response to us

There is nothing good to say about Sugar Maple Cabinc and the Mount LeConte cabin. We booked a 6 night stay here. We arrived to find limited silver ware. There was only 1 teaspoon for the 6 childern. We purchased some plastic ware. The cooking supplies pots and pans were very limited. Either too small or too big. We purchassed some cookie sheets.

We called the office to repair these items and received no response. Ooh by the way we called on Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They did come out to fix the smoke detector but could not so they took it and never returned with a working one.

Here is a list of other problems:

1. Carpet tacks - two rooms had tacks sticking up. 3 of the kids cut their toes. We placed wash clothes on the floor to cover them up.

2. Smoke detector- chirped. Maint man came and took it and never came back. Exposed wires on wall the entire stay.

3. Couch- broken with a wood board exposed. Only 1 person could sit on couch and it was uncomfortable. Seating was supposed to be for 6, and only 3 people were able to be seated comfortably.

4. AC return vent - dust and dirt attached to it. Wasn't cleaned at all.

5. Silverware- there were no regular sized spoons or metal cooking utensils. We had to BBQ with forks.

Unique Quality: Dirt

• Do not rent with them!!!!!

After arriving at our cabin we realized that we were short a few towels and washcloths. Inconvienent but not a huge deal, we would have to wash some sooner. When everyone got ready for bed, we went to find sheets to go on the two sofa beds for our four children to sleep. There was one flat sheet, one fitted sheet total for both beds and no pillow cases. We called customer service immediately, only to be told that housekeeping was gone and there was nothing that they could do except put in a ticket for the next day. That did not help give me a place to sleep my children. When we decided to pull the top sheet from the two king beds so that the kids would have something to sleep on, we found that one of the king beds did not even have a flat sheet. So the girls ended up with the one set of sheets, two nasty pillows with no cases and the boys had a flat sheet to cover the matress and two nasty pillows with no cases. I called back early on Sat. morning to include the needed king sheets on the housekeeping ticket. When we arrived back at the cabin later that day we had received nothing. I immediately called and I was told that housekeeping was short staffed and they have over 1,000 cabins. Once again this does not help my kids have a decent place to sleep. Once the customer service person investigated further he told me that the wrong kind of ticket was placed and that it did not even go to housekeeping. He said that he would hang up and call housekeeping. After an hour I called back to see if someone was bringing sheets and he told me that no one answered the phone and they must be gone for the day. Needless to say we did not receive any sheets. We rented a cabin that supposedly slept eight people but only had complete bedding for two. When I finally got in touch with the customer service supervisor she told me that she could offer me a voucher for one night and a 15% discount on additional nights. I told her that was not acceptable and I needed to talk to her boss. She told me that her boss would just tell me that same thing. I did talk to her boss who was told me the same thing. I then attempted to call the general manager for one week. I let him a voicemail message everyday for six days and he has yet to return my call. I decided to try the supervisor back who would not answer any of my questions but would only say, "I do apologize" and then hung up on me.These people do not know anything about customer service. They are only out to make money.

• Great Cabin, Scary road

We stayed at Morning View Manor. I had also read some of the reviews on the place, so I was a little leery. However our cabin was great. We had about 20 people and plenty of rooms and bathrooms and porches for all. There were two stoves, two ovens, two refrigerators, and two dishwashers. There was lots of plates, silverware and glassware and plenty of clean linens and towels. We had an enjoyable time. Minor problems- incomplete directions to the house, Sugar Maple Cabins should update it. Also because of bears, they have caged trash but really only big enough for two modest sized cans, not sufficient for a house of this size. Also more pots pans and utensils would have been great. The road to the house is a little scary if you have not driven in mountains before.
    Slight aside, be aware that you cannot buy wine in the grocery stores in this county. They have little wineries which seem tricky and unnecessary, don't think you can buy a single bottle of wine at them.
    Overall a good experience for our family.

More about Sugar Maple Cabins

Endless Love Cabin

by TripAdvisor Member Nanaann

My husband and I rented a cabin from Sugar Maple Cabins in Pigeon Forge. We stayed in Endless Love. It was suppose to be a NO PET cabin and there were dog hairs on the couch. and carpet. The cabin was cute but not very clean. The hot tub outside did not work very well either. The jets were very weak and it just felt like you were in a tub of water with no jets. The office people were not friendly at all. On the internet it looked immaculate but that was deceiving. I am sure there are other cabins operated by Sugar Maples that are in excellent condition. But I would not recommend this one. These cabins are NOT CHEAP to rent and we were disappointed in the cleanliness and the hot tub. It was very close to other cabins and there were not any window coverings on the front of the cabin. Windows from ceiling to floor. it was not very private and the hot tub is totally exposed to the cabins in front of you. I would not stay here again.

What a nigtmare!

by TripAdvisor Member Love2travel187

My family from Illinois came to tennessee to see the beatiful mountians in Piegon Forge. We found a Sugar Maple cabin that sleeps 18. The cabin was nice from the online pictures, but after we arrived about 11p.m. on Thurs. night our nightmare began. The place was not clean and nothing worked properly. The electricity went off and on all night. We smelled sewer the entire weekend. There were only 2 extra blankets, no sheets or pillows. To top it off there was a fea infestation. My husband was flea bitten over 100 times all over his body. The flea bites did not heal after 1 week they continued to get worse. When he saw his doctor he had to take steriods to clear up the flea bites. My husband and I frequent the Smoky Moutians and always opt to stay in a cabin instead of a hotel. This was by far our the worst experience we have ever had. We would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Rough Start!!! Long Night!

by TripAdvisor Member Virtuous_08

We took a Girls basketball Team to Tennessee for a tournament May 2-4, 2008 and stayed at Sugar Maples Cabins (Rising Eagle Lodge). We got to the cabin after our game on Friday around 10:30 pm and was shocked and fustrated...there was no linen or towels or toliet paper!!!!! .A crew of sweaty girls and no sheets or linens made for more cranky sweaty girls! Therefore we rode out to Walmart at 12 midnight to buy towels, washcloths, linen and toliet paper for a crew of about 25!!!! It was not cheap and needless to say, we were not happy and wondered if we had read the info wrong...They were suppose to provide this stuff right?

The next day we called the Staff to be given the runaround about who was at fault and about getting some of our deposit back! They eventually brought us our supplies, but hey, we had already spent over 100 dollars!!!

The cabin is beautiful and the climb to get to the Cabin is a little steep, however I would definetly go back...
All in all...the Staff did apologize and we eventually received a 100.00 back and we were reimbursed for our loss. We had to provide a receipt.

My advice.....Please make sure they have checked to make sure that all supplies have been stocked before you get there!!!

Second time, just as wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member royaljelly

Our family just got back from our second trip to Pigeon Forge TN. Once again we stayed at one of the Sugar Maple Cabins. This time it was "Glimpse of Heaven". The Cabin was immaculate and nice and cool when we arrived. The view was stunning, the beds were comfy. The Pigeon Forge vacation is such a great family getaway, especially for us yankees. Go to Pigeon Forge, don't miss Gatlinburg at night and soak up the atmosphere. You'll love it.

The Mountain Seduction Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member needninfo45

I reluctantly stayed at Mountain Seduction Getaway cabin during June 1-5, 2008. First of all, let me begin with the property's appearance. The overall exterior was absolutely terrible. Why own a 400,000 cabin and not properly maintain the overall appearance. My husband had to cut to over grown grass so I could prepare a meal on the barbeque grill. Secondly, the linens on the bed were too big for the mattress.Therefore, I spent all night putting the linens back on the mattress. In addition, the mattresses were so badly worn that they sunk in the middle. It was so unbareable that my family and I were forced to sleep on the edge of the mattresses. Thirdly, the hot tub was broken so we did not have an opportunity to enjoy that included amenity. I personally would never rent this cabin ever again. However, I am planning to rent the Loose Mosse cabin next year. I would really like to know the condtition of this cabin in advance. If anyone has rented this cabin please post a review. Thank you

loved the cabin. best vacation ever

by TripAdvisor Member BrendaSueFlatwoodsKy

Beautiful Cabin just like your website.

We stayed in GATEWAY TO THE STARS cabin. It was beautiful and clean. There were extra towels under the sink in bathroom and plenty of toliet paper.
There were 13 women from our church in W.Va. staying there for a shopping and fun getaway.
We had so much fun, the pool table and theater room was great.
Plenty of space to enjoy our visit.
The hot tub was great with 2 wood panels for privacy.

We will be back to enjoy the view and the excitement of the Great Smokey Mountians.

The staff at Sugar Maple Cabins were great!

Bad management, dirty cabin

by TripAdvisor Member Bloppy

We went to Tennessee to get married. So our stay in Mama Bears Cabin (managed by Sugar Maple Cabins) was also our short "Honey Week". When we arrived we found the cabin less than ideally clean: the big panoramic windows had something (beer or soda) spilled on them, there were some fried potatoes left in the oven since God knows when, there was popcorn in the sleaper sofa, one of the comforters had a nasty looking rip in it, the outside hot tub had a foot of dirty water in it, and one of the TV's did not have Direct TV access card in it, so it was not working... We called the management office, to ask for the problems to be addressed, and the hot tub was cleaned for us, but TV never worked through the whole stay. A month and a half after the trip. I saw my card charged for additional $98.55. When I called the management to find out what was the charge for, they told me that they had a report that we had a dog in the cabin. We did not have a dog staying with us, and that is what I told them, but then remembered that one of the days a visitor had indeed brought a small dog into a cabin for an hour. The dog did not go onto any furniture, did not cause any damage to the property, and left within an hour from comming into the cabin. The lady from Sugar Maple Cabins told me that I "should be happy" we were not charged $300 for having that dog in a cabin. I asked them can we just forget about everything that was not clean and not working in the cabin, and about the dog being there for one hour, and she said that they are already giving me a discount (from $300 to $98.55). I asked them is it common practice to charge the card of the customer a month and a half later without warning that customer. And she said yes. I asked, if their cleaning service or any customer who came after us had any problems because of the dog, and the lady said no, there was no excesive cleaning needed, and noone had any problems because of that dog being there for one hour. I understand that we broke the contract. I would like not to pay that money, but it was our fault, so I did. I am not the one to complain about things, but the fact that they charged my card a month and a half later without telling me about it, and their inflexibility about the whole situation is upsetting. Decide for yourself, if that is the people you would like to deal with. Many of you will think that it is our own fault (we did not honor the contract), and it is true, but Sugar Maple Cabins did not honor their end of the deal either (they promise a clean working cabin for a very round sum- almost $2,000 for 6 days). One last thing: the views were absolutelly stunning from that cabin.

Don't do business with them. They are not truthful people.

by TripAdvisor Member road2long

Having never rented a cabin before, I scoured numerous places to find something I liked, and the location I wanted. I thought I found it with this place. Boy, was I wrong.

I booked the Smokey View unit. I was very clear in what I was looking for and asked for something not settle up into the mountains. I told the reservationist I did not own a 4-wheel drive vehicle, so I knew I couldn't easily get to those cabins. I also said that I wanted something with trees around it, but not far off the main road.

What I got was a cabin 5 miles up into the mountain, and a 4- wheel drive vehicle was the only way to get there. I drove back to the main office, and I told them I couldn't get to the cabin. I explained that I was never told I needed a certain type of vehicle to get there, not to mention that I specifically asked, "are you sure this one is accessible with a car". I was told by the reservationist..."oh no you don't need a big car. I just have a little 4 cylinder and I made it just fine." But she was obviously lying, and telling me what I wanted to hear so she could make the sale. There is no way a 4 cylinder could pass those roads.

At this point in the conversation, the desk clerk said..."Ha, you definitely need a 4 wheeler for that cabin.

I asked if there was any other cabin available, and was told no, they had nothing. So I said I would have to find another place. I was then told, by the desk clerk and the general manager that If I choose to leave and not take the cabin, I would forfeit my reservation fee and one nights rental.

I couldn't believe it. Not only could I not get to the cabin, but now I was going to have to PAY for not getting to stay.

Well, needless to say, they did infact charge me $353.44 for the night - and I drove down the road to a hotel. So at the end of this day, I got to pay for 2 places to stay but only got one.

Grits Carlton Rocked

by TripAdvisor Member tarynpeter

We just came back from spending 7 days at the Grits Carlton. I booked it strictly from the pictures on the website, which kinda scared me. We pulled into the management office and were welcomed by the two ladies working the desk and the southern charm. We then drove to the cabin, which sat at the top of a peak overlooking Walden Creek, about 5 miles from the office. It was just like the pictures!!! We were so excited, it was new, clean, well stocked with everything from games, to the modern kitchen, to the amazing views. There were 11 of us, exstended family and friends and the Grits did not dissappoint. There was even two sofa beds that we did not use. Definitely recommend. The only thing that could have been better was the bathrooms, that while clean, were starting to show some mildew on the grout and behind the faucets.

Bad Management

by TripAdvisor Member B-reviewdc

I will be never using this company again in the near future, unless the management changes. They make lot of puss about giving directions or address to the cabin before check-in. My problem is people are coming from 6-12 hours apart. They will be coming to the cabin directly. Called twice they said, they will give a week before check-in, but when I called some new ***. They said they can only fax it, they cannot even send directions in an email. Lame thing, who is gonna go for their just to look the cabin. I am now concerned that how the cabin is going to be. I will update about the cabin, if somebody wants to live through this useless management..

Comments