Timber Tops Luxury Cabin Rentals

1440 Upper Middle Creek Road, Sevierville, Tennessee, 37876, United States

More about Timber Tops Luxury Cabin Rentals

Good and Bad

by TripAdvisor Member 1cupcake

OK, my family has rented through Timber Tops at least 4 times that I can remember. I think the up-keep of some of the cabins may be slowly neglected. The first two years the cabins were nice. However this past year was my last stay. The cabin did not appear to be cleaned to a standard I would concider adequate. One of the toilets did not flush. Also, water leaked into the first floor bedroom if water was used!! Tons of dust bunnies and dead bugs. The jacuzzi was so gross. We turned it on and mucky debris came out of the jets. Couldn't even use it. Tried Starrcrest this year and loved it.

Timber Tops- Above the clouds

by TripAdvisor Member beachbabeae126

My family and I stayed in Above the clouds in October 2008. We all had a great time!! The cabin was better then I thought it would be, and the view was AMAZING!! I was a little nervous to book with timber tops after all the negative I had heard but it all turned out great. There was 6 of us and 4 dogs and the cabin held us all comfortably. The cabin was clean along with jacuzzi. The pull out sofa bed is the only real thing to complain about definitely bring a blow up air mattress if there is more then 4 people. Also the kitchen did not have a wine bottle opener, so bring one if you plan on having some wine! Other then that we had a great time and plan on going back real soon! Oh and just a tip on the first day make sure you get to your cabin before dark; those windy roads can be pretty scary at night!!

Perfect Family Reunion Place

by TripAdvisor Member GoGoGo82

I never understand why people complain about things that are part of renting a cabin in the mountains. The terrain is sometimes steep. The roads can be unforgiving and the weather is in God’s hands. We just spend a weekend in “Above the Smokies” and we had a wonderful time. It was so perfect for our very diverse family of 14. It was close enough to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg that those who wanted to leave could easily do so, and far enough away to be a very restful and peaceful weekend for those who didn’t. The cabin was extremely clean, everything worked as it was supposed to. The furniture and appliances were up to date and nice. The cabin was exactly as described on the webpage, which is great. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and the beds were super comfortable. I fully expect that my family will be returning to the area and renting from Timber Tops again and I look forward to having a chance to sneak away with my partner for a quiet weekend alone soon as well. Unless you are the kind of person who enjoys spending their vacation nitpicking a place to death, you will be happy with your choice of Timber Tops. Just remember, if you can’t climb steps at home… you won’t be able to climb them here either.

Wet-N-Wild and the people next door

by TripAdvisor Member PartyOnNashville_Tn

The cabin was great but the house next to it was very disappointing. They has cars in and out all through the night. People were parking at our cabin and we didn't whose car was next to ours. Keep in mind, that parking was for our cabin only and not the people next door. Luckly we had a chair to pry under the door knob for added security. Just keep in mind when getting a cabin with them, always ask about the house next door?????

Didn't leave the Cabin

by TripAdvisor Member NoahCalhoun

Well almost didn't except for supplies. The Cabins tend to be very close to each other so there at times is little privacy. Romantic clean cabins ours had a wonderful view Star Place. My Traveling companion called it a "trip of a lifetime" Maybe they are right as doubtful it will happen again. The cabin has everything you need, it was comfortable and a few maintence issues were quickly resolved. The Hot Tub and inside large bathtub were a plus as was the leather couch and the KING bed. It get's breezy up on that hill, some locals call it heartbreak hill for some odd reason. Allie liked it and said she could have stayed for a month, I bet she could have. Good times Allie never to be forgotten and I will always remember these 3 days. Miss me baby ?

We wish we never had to leave (Quiet Affair)

by TripAdvisor Member grohalex

We had a wonderful time staying in Quiet Affair. When we first walked in to our cabin we felt relaxed and very cozy. We loved the cabin and enjoyed it very much. We did find one thing rather odd though. When we opened up the washer to do a load there were two pairs of panties in there. Ocassionally there was the smell of sewage outside, but I think it came and went with the breeze. It was never too bad. I will let you know one thing though. The timber top pictures do not do this cabin justice. It is much more roomy than it looks. The bed room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and large. This cabin is also fairly private. There were cabins around it, but it had atleast double the room on both sides that other cabins had. Also, the roads up to the cabin are not bad. They are a bit tricky in some spots so you need to pay attention, but they aren't nearly as bad as we had heard. We plan on spending many more summers in this same cabin....For memories sake. We had a very enjoyable time, and would recommend it to our friends, family, and anyone for that matter.

Great Cabin Stay - "Scenic Mountain Pool"

by TripAdvisor Member j2thaw23

I had read some bad reviews on here about Timber Tops cabins. I was a little worried about what I may find when I got to the cabin. However, I was pretty happy once we got there to see how nice everything was, and very clean. It was us and another couple, and I wouldn't recommend more than 4 stay in this cabin. It's listed as a 1 bdrm., but has 2 bdrms. each with private bathrooms which was very nice (and why we chose the cabin). We made it for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 of the NCAA tournament, and the TVs were nice to watch the games on. By far the best part of the trip was the in-cabin pool. I would recommend staying in a cabin with a pool when you make your trip it's worth the money. My uncle referred me to Timber Tops cabins because he had a great time at - Splash'N Around. I'm going to be back next year with a larger group of people, and I will not be hesitant to stay at a Timber Tops cabin (Victoria's Other Secret).

Timber Tops is Tops; One More Night is Aptly Named

by TripAdvisor Member momackley

Our family vacationed in Pigeon Forge May 9-14th 2009. Renting a cabin can be scary because it seems every rental co. has a horror story posted. The reservationist recommended the One More Night cabin since we were a family of six and also wanted a secluded cabin for our stay. The cabin was just as pictured and was an amazing place to vacation. The cabin was nicely stocked with begining supplies for the dishwasher, laundry, trash, etc. The cabin was spotless. The beds were amazingly comfortable with high-quality linens. There is even an iron/ironing board with was not included in the listing of amenities. The furniture was like something out of Cabela's;crafted out of log pieces. The cabin featured a heart-shaped jacuzzi in the master suite and a game room that was so much more than most cabins! While the pool table/cues and electronic dart board were not great, the foosball, air hockey, and sit down arcade center kept our family happy for hours! The arcade was a table-top style that had loaded on it all the 80's favorites like Centipede, Pac-man, Galaga, etc, and no coins needed! The hot tub on the deck was wonderful and had privacy screening around it, but the cabin truly was secluded. The only cabins we could see were the tops of the cabins on the neighborhing hill, even though we knew we had other cabins nearby. The front porch swing just lets you soak in the view of the Smokies. If you look on the Timber Tops website, you can see all the amenities for this cabin so I will not go further than to say the folks who own this cabin obviously have put time and money in stocking it for a wonderful vacation experience.

Our stay was not without a few detractors, however. The first and foremost was this unbeievable undersight: the master bedroom did not have a lock on the door! Unbelieveable that a "family" cabin would not have this, yet have a beautiful jacuzzi tub in the room!!! Needless to say, we did not get to enjoy that little perk and was greatly disappointed in that. I called this to managements attention when we left and the office person was also incredulous at that info. If you reserve there, have them CONFIRM that they have remedied this and your stay will be close to perfect! The second disappointment is that the sofa pullout bed has a typical uncomfortable mattress on it. For kids it was okay, but if you plan on staying with bigger people, bring a topper or extra sleeping bags to go over it. Which brings me to a kudo for Timber Tops service. The first night we were there, we discovered the frame on the sofa mattress was so bent out of shape that we could not use it. I put a call in to the office at 10:30pm.. expecting a "we'll get to you when we can" type of response, but they had someone to our cabin in 20 minutes with a queen size blow up mattress and had the sofa bed repaired the next business day. We called another time about shower pressure, and they again had someone there in a great time (it ended up being the water saver valve was still pressed in on the shower head). The final drawback was that the cabin had some resident bees on the corner of the porch. I believe they were carpenter bees becasue I thought I saw where they were getting into the wood there. I also alerted management on this and again make sure you ask if the house has been treated to bees when you call if this is an issue for you.

Overall, the house was amazingly beautiful and our family had the best vacation in Pigeon Forge. There is so much to do, and our house was a comfortable, restful retreat. We were able to take advantage of a low rate that was posted in January of this year and booked it a price less than a hotel room for our size family. Even though I believe the cabin has been bumped up to a higher luxury level than it was when we booked it, it would be SO much better than any comparable hotel room! Final tips: Most cabins are on well water, so inquire if the area is in a drought when you go. Well water also can affect the color of the water in the hot tub, but that is to be expected. As for directions, folks you just can not depend on your GPS in the mountains! Timber Tops provides perfect directions so just go by that. If you pay for your cabin with a credit card in full before you arrive, you can even by-pass the office as they fax you directions straight to your cabin. To get a mountain view, you have to be on the top of a hill yourself, so if a windy moutain road is a problem for you, be advised. But believe me, it's worth it! I would not venture this in the winter though, without a four-wheel drive and faith in Jesus!"-)

To Timber Tops and the owner of the One More Night cabin: Thank you for making our "big" vacation of the year one we will remember fondly for a lifetime!

Ehh...

by TripAdvisor Member jcard33

I stayed in the Misty Morning cabin. The pictures make the cabin look huge, but it's actually kinda small. The view was so-so due to the fact that we were on top of other cabins. The flat screen TV did not work in the living room, and the water smelled like rotten eggs. I can have fun anywhere as long as I am with good friends, and this trip proved no different. The cabin was close to pretty much anything (shopping, restaurants, etc.) but the entire Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area was a bit touristy for me. I'm glad I brought my own wine as I did not really like the "mountain wine." The cabin had potential, but it wasn't all that clean. There were a few dust bunnies and the couches were worn slam out. And do NOT rely on the cabin locator found on yourcabin.com. It's inaccurate...there is no "Lost Branch Road."

Wonderful Cabin...again!

by TripAdvisor Member musicguyMississippi

My family of six humans and 2 dogs just got back from a wonderful 7 day vacation in the smokies. For the second time, we chose Timbertops as the cabin company to rent from. Our cabin was called "Bearfoot Lodge" and was above Gatlinburg. Upon arriving, we opened the door to a very clean and wlecome cabin, exactly like the photos. Four bedrooms and four bathrooms...which was perfect for us; my wife and I in the one by the kitchen, my 25 year old daugheer in the other 1st floor one, my 16 year old son upstairs in one and my married son and his wife (and their two dogs) in the other. Imagine...all with our own PRIVATE bathrooms! you cannot beat that. Anyway, not to make this cumbersome and long..the cabin was very clean, cozy, had a big game room upstairs, plenty of tv's, and there was nothing negative I can say about it. There was not a view, as we were no looking for that this time...just trees in front of us, but were were above Gatlinburg far enough away that we felt like we were high in the mountains! There was a little open view from the second floor deck, though if you HAD to have a view!! Being a dog friendly cabin was not an issue...no dog smell or anything at all like that. There was another cabin sharing our parking lot with another company, but no probelms at all. We never saw the other folks except once when they were coming in for the day, like us. The Timbertops staff is always very nice and professional when we book and later if we have any concerns while there. This is our second experience with timbertops (we rented a cabin two years ago and had a great one then too!) As we do this every other year, we will of course use timbertops again....the challenge is picking out a cabin..awlays a very FUN part of our planning!!!! I highly recommend Timbertops as you sort through all the various cabin companies...so far, they are scored two big "great jobs" from me! Anyone needing more answers about this cabin please feel free to email me!

Comments