Courtyard Dallas Addison Quorum Drive

Doolittle RaidersDoolittle Raiders

Travel Tips for Addison

The Addison Airport

by VeronicaG

As I peered through the fence many small planes sat on the tarmac, ready to be taken up to the wild blue yonder. I imagined my husband at the controls of these luxury modes of transportation. He's always wished he had taken flying lessons.

Conceived in 1954 by a group of avid flying enthusiasts, Addison Airport is now owned by the Town of Addison and is the third largest general aviation airport in the U.S.

Due to its 7,200 foot runway, it can accommodate the larger aircraft. There are 750 planes based here. The airport offers 24 hr. full service fixed based operators, including Million Air and Mercury Air Services.

Other features are 24 hr. customs agent, FAA air traffic control tower and 24 hr. security. The website indicates they do not allow 'touch and go' training.

The Addison Airport is handily located north of Dallas and Love Field on Claire Chennault Drive. For more information call: 972-392-4850 or see www.addisontexas.net.

Taco Cabana

by kd_baby about Taco Cabana

This is the one of the best inexpensive Tex-Mex restaurant chains in Texas. This particular Addison franchise has a burnt orange brick shell (which differs from their standard pink and yellow). This is my favorite Taco Cabana in North Texas, and I've been to quite a few of them throughout Texas. Taco Cabana is well known for their Fajita Platters. However, if you've never been to Taco Cabana before, you must try their Chicken Flameante dish, it's excellent.

Cafe Japon

by kd_baby about Cafe Japon

With delightful Japanese and dim lighting, this restaurant offers a warm and comforting environment. It's a pretty good place to take a date, but I wouldn't consider it the best Japanese food in the area. All in all, it's worth the visit and I recommend it. I had a Bento Box lunch special, which included grilled Salmon, a California Roll, Sashimi, a soup, and salad.

1 + 1 = Fun time in Addison!

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come??"

Addison is right beside Carrollton, so whenever we go out to dinner we usually end up going to Addison to eat. It's also got many great bars! We celebrated at Humperdinks the morning of my graduation!

"My Favorite Part"

My favorite part of Addison is definitely the diversity of food and the great bars they have. Not all of the restaurants require nice attire but there are plenty that do so you might want to check out or call ahead.

This is Humperdinks, by far my favorite bar. GREAT drinks!

"Surprise Attraction"

Last summer when staying in Dallas for the weekend I decided to get out and do some things and explore the town. While looking on Dallas's Calendar of Events I found the Addison Outdoor Theatre. It's in the Addison Park by the airport. It was just really neat to see this small area by the busiest streets in Dallas, jsut tucked away. It was really a great summer night ... all by myself... Very safe!

Comments