Holiday Inn Dallas North-Addison

Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison
IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

dirty and run down hotel

The place is non smoking, but it stinks like a cheap - smoking only hotel. The place is extremely dirty, with cigarette burns everywhere (see pictures!!) The furniture, the walls, the curtains, the toilet seat: all of them were either broken or burnt. Tons of stains everywhere in the carpet. VERY disgusting place!

They claim to have a gym, a restaurant and transportation. The equipment at the gym is extremely old, the “restaurant” is closed most of the time and the transportation? They don’t work past 5 pm! So when we get there, the front desk guy told us “you can use the ban to go to the bars and restaurants in the area” but he failed to tell us “if you like drinking during the day!”

The only good thing about this place is the location, but there are about 10 hotels in the same area and I would NOT recommend anybody go to this one!

As a cherry on top, they double charge us when we left: we wanted to use a different credit card, so we gave them the credit card that we wanted to use, only to find out later that they already charged the credit card on file before we check out!!!! We are still in the process to get it reverted because they are taking their time to do a credit back!!!
    Bottom line: if you like an old, run down, dirty and want to be charged twice… go ahead… but be at your own risk!

Unique Quality: nothing! run away as fast as you can!!!

• Jan 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE- DON'T STAY HERE!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Dallas North-Addison on December 25-28 and had a terrible experience.

On Monday, December 24, before my arrival, I called Holiday Inn and spoke to the front desk receptionist. I informed her that we would be arriving on December 25 and will be traveling with a baby. I asked if there would be a crib available. She said yes, they have several cribs available. She told me they would have a crib placed in our room upon our arrival on December 25. With this information in mind, I went ahead and made a 3-day, 2-room reservation at Holiday Inn for my family members. I did not pack a travel crib because the front desk receptionist had confirmed that there would already be in my hotel room.

My extended family were also staying at the same hotel in a different room and arriving before us. When my mother arrived on Tuesday, December 25 in the morning, she also reminded the front desk receptionist about the crib. She too was assured that there would be one in the room when we arrived.

Our flight was delayed two hours and we arrived at the hotel close to midnight on Tuesday, December 25. When we checked in, the front desk receptionist was very rude and unprofessional. She tried to give us a crib without a mattress! She said that was all they had available and that they had folded up a comforter and put it in the crib because they did not have a crib mattress available. This was extremely unsafe for a baby. The front desk receptionist agreed and said she would not put her own kid in it. However, she didn't care that now we were at the hotel at midnight with a cranky baby who had nowhere to sleep. I asked her where I was supposed to put the baby to sleep. He could roll off the bed or one of us could accidentally roll on top of him if we slept in the same bed. She didn't care. She said there was "nothing" she could do and acted like it was our problem. There was no manager on duty and no one else we could talk to.

After a sleepless night, the next day, December 26, I stopped by the front desk and again asked for a crib. They said they would send one up. However, a few hours later, I got a call in my hotel room from the front desk informing me that the one crib they had with a mattress was still with another family and was not available. I again told the front desk receptionist that I was promised a crib before I arrived and made arrangements to stay at the hotel as a result of that. If I had been told otherwise, I would have stayed somewhere else or brought my own crib. She didn't care either. I also told her about the dangers of putting a baby on the bed: he could roll off and fall or we could accidentally roll on top of him. I asked if they could just purchase a crib mattress for the other crib that had the folded comforter in it. She said no. I asked to speak to the manager but there was no manager on duty again.

That same day, I immediately left a voicemail for General Manager Lisa Morakabian and asked her to call my hotel room, but never heard back. She later claimed she did call back but we didn't get a message.

I had two sleepless nights at this hotel because my baby did not have a place to sleep. The carpet was filthy so I couldn't put him on the floor.

Overall, this hotel is really dirty and gross. There were cigarette burns on the couch, the carpet was old and nasty so we couldn't take our shoes off, the fridge was sticky, the microwave was from 1975, the decor had dust on it, the entire place smelled like cigarette smoke.