Ramada Limited Addison

Jim with Army tankJim with Army tank

SNV-2 ValiantSNV-2 Valiant

Cost of taxi?

by Kevross85

Hi i'm travelling over from scotland on sunday and was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a taxi from fort worth airport to the crown plaza hotel in addison?

Also how long will it take to get to carrolton from Addison as thats where I will be working?

by TexasDave

I can't tell you how much it would cost, but it's about a 20-30 minute ride depending on traffic. You might want to consider Super Shuttle (www.supershuttle.com) which is like a taxi but is in a van and you share the ride with others foing to the same general area. It might work out considerably cheaper.

From Addison to Carrollton is just a few minutes drive, they're small towns that blend from one to the other.

by Kevross85

Thanks for the help, there's three of us travelling together so we will probably just get a taxi anyway out of ease

by ATXtraveler

I would estimate the cost to be $40-60 USD for this trip, depending on where in Addison. As for the time it will take you to get to Carrollton, it also depends, as Carrollton is quite big, but somewhere between 10 minutes and 20 minutes.

by Kevross85

Thanks for all the help were here in addison now. The taxi cost us 60 dollars including tip so not bad really. The time it takes us to get to carrolton is only ten minutes soo no complaints.

Travel Tips for Addison

Great Steaks

by msbrandysue about Saltgrass Steakhouse

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country Texas. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

There are many restaurants around the city. So, please, use the website and find the one nearest you. I've never been disappointed by one and I've been to quite a few around the state. The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

Jason's Deli

by kd_baby about Jason's Deli

Another good sandwich shop in the Addison RR area. I'm not as crazy about Jason's Deli as others around me, but I would recommend eating there. Chicken Club sandwich. I must warn you, it does get sloppy when you eat, so get some napkins!

Greater understanding

by kyoub

"World Fest"

Every year, in October, the town of Addison presents us with the largest global festival in North Texas.
The two-day festival seeks to foster a better understanding of global music, food, games, markets, and children's activities.
This years theme was " Green around the World."

"Regions of the world"

After you enter the gates, you will find that the area is divided into various regions of the world. In each locale you will experience the sights, sounds, and smells, from that region. Visit as many as you can to enjoy their food, music, and souvenirs.

Comments