The Holland Hotel

Basaic's Profile Photo

Stay in an Historic Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2009

Since I was already inside the hotel eating at the Edelweiss Restaurant & Brewery, I decided to see about staying in the Holland Hotel. The Holland Hotel was built in 1912 and is registered as an Historic Landmark. I stayed in the room right at the top of the stairs. They have a room at the top with a nice view but it was after dark when I got there. Service was very good and the staff was friendly. My room had complimentary Internet access and a mini fridge. They even include a breakfast. There are earplugs in the room if the trains across the street get too loud. They did not for me.

desertsurfer's Profile Photo

Historic hotel with cool architecture

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2007

This place was designed by famed architects Trost and Trost. Now there is a German brewery and restaurant downstairs, but it still attracts everyone in town at different times. The rooms are funky and corny but comfortable. If you are a light sleeper then use the ear plugs they provide so the train won't wake you up! Ask for the "penthouse" if it's available. Worth the extra few bucks for the view! For a more refined and stylish room stay in one of the "Holland Lofts" out back.

Unique Quality: Everything about it is unique.

RoadMode's Profile Photo

Brewpub/hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 26, 2006

German-themed brewpub/hotel with good German food and pretty decent beer. We stayed in the "Crow's Nest" room, at the top of the hotel with its own private deck looking west. My wife noticed earplugs on the nightstand and read that they were for use in case the trains are too loud. Well, the trains do come by, and they ARE loud, but they really didn't bother us too much. If I were back through Alpine, I'd stay there again.

Alpine's Best?

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2005

The Holland Hotel is a handsome historic building in downtown Alpine. There is a wide range of room choices and a very complete website to choose them. Service is very good and the folks there are friendly and helpful. All rooms have complimentary broadand and a mini fridge. Breakfast is included also. We were very pleased with our stay although the train that runs through Alpine will wake you up at night.

Nearby The Holland Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Alpine Travel Forum

Need advice about Alpine, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Alpine and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Alpine hotel reviews