Motel 6 Amarillo Central

2032 Paramount Boulevard, I-40, Exit #68A, Amarillo, Texas, 79109, United States
Motel 6 - West
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Amarillo

we were finally in the Wild Wild West!we were finally in the Wild Wild West!

I think i'm forgivenI think i'm forgiven

Jack RabbitsJack Rabbits

Travel Tips for Amarillo

The city of Bethany maintains...

by Routeman

The city of Bethany maintains 15 beautiful parks with an aggregate of more than 140 acres. In addition to ample playground equipment, Bethany's parks host 9 shelters, 14 lighted tennis courts, 2.8 miles of walking trails, 20 basketball goals, 10 softball fields, 7 volleyball courts and a newly remodeled Aquatic Center complete with a diving area, wading and lap pool.

On the Road to Amarillo

by happycampers_3

"Driving Day"

Got up pretty late this morning and headed for Amarillo, that was after being harrassed for money by the crazy lady at the hotel!!!!!! James, please stop smokin in her kitchen!

Spent most of the day on the bus, stopped for lunch at the Taco Hell and then went for another couple of hours driving before playing a scavenger hunt on the bus. Ireland was trying so hard to cheat, but like i say cheaters never prosper and that unused condom Simon had in his wallet not only won us the game but proved that he hadnt had sex in a long time! hahaha (sorry Simo).

Got to Amerillo about 6.00 and Lisa and I nearly broke arms and legs to get to the laundry to do our washing first. I dont know if it was that fact we stunk and people wanted us to wash or the fact i threatened to break peoples legs and stick them up their bottoms if they beat us to the laundry room that really got us there first.???? hrrrmmmmm (that ones going out to you bec!!)

"72 oz ... 2.2kg of pure RAW HIDE!!!"

Lachie and Mario both decided to give it a go for the team, team Contiki, just remember there is no "I" in Team. But there is one in Vomit! Both the boys sat down and tucked into their 2.2kilo steaks, with baked tatie, shrimp cocktail, bread roll, side salad and desert. Boy i was starting to feel full just watchin them and plus i had my own sliver of steak to get through.. wooo, undo the jeans, im full!!! stick a fork in me im done, couldnt even fit desert.

Now, sorry, back to the real heros. Lachie, we watched him, chew, swallow, chew, swallow, gag, then drink then gag. He was doing such a good job and took our advice to not eat all day and then not chew so as not to tire himself out. He was doing so well, even though the sweat on his brow told a different story.

Now Mario, being the bigger lad that he is, we had full confidence in him. If anyone could eat a steak that big (apart from a family of 6) it would be Mario, only because we knew he didnt want to let team contiki down.

Both boys, ate themselves stupid. but we all know that unless it was 2.2kilos of cheetos, Lachie just wasnt going to be able to do it. Mario on the other hand struggled but plugged away. He also broke a sweat and pleaded for us to let him stop. But secretly we knew he wanted to keep going, so as a group we made him feel as bad as we could so he would shove that last bit of nearly raw cow into his mouth......mmmmmmmmmm yummy.

After 60 minutes of pure torture, the time clock was stupped! Lachie had made his way through 52 oz of steak plus all the sides and Mario the super star finished the lot. Not only did he get a full tummy but he got a plastic cowboy boot and constipation for the next few days........wasnt it all worth it Mario??

On a serious note, that was an extreme effort boys, well done to both of you for giving it a try and well done mario for finishing. Your name mario will live on forever on the Amarillo board of fame, WELL DONE!!

"Um, well, yeah"

So after the excitement of the steak eating competion we were all pretty much stuffed and only stopped for one or two drinks at the bar.

We went back to Claudia room for a pre wedding meeting eeek! and then headed back to our room to fold our washing. Jeff and Simo came back for a drink and a chat and we wondered what the hell it was doing starting to snow in Texas! what the????????

Comments