700 Avenue H East, Arlington, Texas, 76011, United States

Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites
CrownePlaza.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Family HATED the Crowne

We booked 3 rooms for 2 nights, so the family could visit nearby Six Flags. The check in time was 3:00p.m, and we had made reservations for all three rooms to be “Room Type: 2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING” and close to each other. We arrive at 3pm, and they have no rooms for us, and suggest we stow all our bags in a storage room, and they will “look” for some rooms, we missed the shuttle to 6 flags, and had to wait an hour until the trolley came by again. After a debate at the counter, they "found" us 3 rooms, saying they had a hard time because they didn't have rooms close together, but when we made the reservations, and they took my credit card, they had the rooms close together (that is the reason we booked at their hotel). The rooms they gave us were not the same as we reserved, but when you are standing at the counter with 10 people (5 kids), that is not the time to argue. Two of the 3 rooms were the wrong type, they had a pull out couch (not comfortable) for a second bed instead of a queen, the family members who got stuck with a pull out couch for a bed were not happy! The only room that was the right type (2 queen beds), the AC didn't work. You have to pay $11.50 per adult for the breakfast "buffet", my wife gave my 5 year grandson a roll when we needed to leave, and we got to buy a whole meal because she "shared" the roll with him.

The hotel sent up a plate of cookies to each room, this was supposed to make up for sleeping on a couch instead of a bed? They gave me 25,000 priority club points to try and make up for their behavior. The general manager (Jeremy Skinner) seems to be good at writing rebuttals to reviews, but where was he when I needed him? If the hotel didn’t have the rooms I RESERVED, why didn’t they notify me so we could have found suitable quarters? I feel we were lied to by the front desk, and I don’t want cookies or points when I travel, I want hotels, that if they take my reservation and money, to honor that arrangement.

• Real Nice Place to Stay

We stayed in this hotel February 2007. Very nice rooms, great pool and hot tub, GOOD MARGERITAS!!! Comfy beds and room darkening shades too. The hotel provides lilac linnen spray, an eye mask, a relaxation CD, big fluffy towels, good coffee in the room too. The hotel is not too close to anything but they have a free shuttle to get you to shopping or restaurants or anywhere withing three miles of the hotel. They also had a shuttle to DFW Airport that started at 7AM. The Avenue H Sports Bar has real good food and did I mention GOOD MARGERITAS?! Also, if you are not familiar with Texas beers try the Shiner Bach. It's a dark beer and very tasty. They have a breakfast buffet for $10 I think and it is all you can eat. You can have omlets, french toast, and pancakes made to order. Also, hot oatmeal, grits, bacon, sausage, eggs, gravy and biscuits, bagels, sweet rolls, toast and friut. All kinds of juice and teas and coffee. The staff is very friendly and willing to help with anything you might need. We will stay at this hotel again when we visit the Dallas/Fort Worth area. As I said, it's not too close to anything (yet) so a car would be advisable. A new stadium is being built fairly close by too.

Directions: Just ask for the Crowne Plaza on Ave H. Any taxi or shuttle will know where it is.

Comments